Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

Ok, so a lot of folks seem to think there may be some concerted effort on the part of the goverment or other "sanctioning" entities to limit the information available to the public concerning evidence for Bigfoot. I have always wondered about this but kept my thoughts to myself until I have read a lot of posts by folks here, who I am assuming, have greater knowledge on the subject than I. Is it possible the government has something to hide? Or something to loose if Bigfoot were proven to exist? If so, what possibly?

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think the the government would know about them if they exist. I remember Dr. Ketchum said on her Facebook page that she believes the government knows.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Admin

Oh, I don't think so. There are some members who are Law Enforcement Officers, Forest Service, etc and they would know.

Wait a minute, maybe they're moles for the government and are keeping tabs on us, derailing any legitimate efforts. Shoot, some of the leadership of this board, and some admins are government LEOs!!!

There might be a conspiracy after all. :biggrin:

Edited by gigantor

Guest poignant

Take it at face value, but there are scanned documents by government agencies indicating discussion about bf.

Two speculative reasons for non-disclosure, at present:

1. affect logging industries

2. smoking gun to prove or disprove current evolutionary models, info that could make Richard Dawkins laugh or cry.

Guest Darrell

Good idea starting this thread. Ok, so I dont think there is a conspiricy. The reason is 1) I dont think our government could keep a secret like this, and if ours could there are numerous other govts that cant or wouldnt. and 2) There isnt a reason to keep it a secret.

If bigfoot does exist why keep it a secret? It would give our government a huge tool to add restrictions to both business and private land owners (and our govt loves to do that) impacting bigfoot's existance. And given the liberal anti religious leanings of certain members of our govt it would also be a huge advantage for them to have bigfoot exist. Would put a big dent in the credibility of creation theory vs evolution right? My personal view is that as it becomes harder to produce decent evidence bigfooters come up with more reasons to explain why. Just like bigfoot can detect trail cams, read minds, see in IR, and blur video with infra-sound. A govt cover up and conspiricy is just one more rung on the ladder to false reality.

I personally think they are fully aware of Sasquatch and are content with the letting sleeping dogs lie.

As for the government keeping secrets you would be amazed at what they can keep under their hat.

Edited by Tautriadelta

Admin

I'm sure they have their discussions and memos, emails, etc about the BF subject. But it's probably the same as the UFO stuff, just doing due diligence.

Just because they talk about it doesn't mean they have proof.

Guest Darrell

Take it at face value, but there are scanned documents by government agencies indicating discussion about bf.

Can you direct us to that please?

I remember Dr. Ketchum said on her Facebook page that she believes the government knows.

And Im sure if anybody knows it would be Melba Ketchum. :tease:

Edited by Darrell

IF there were a conspiracy to stop 'mankind' from knowing about or learning about or understanding BF, they'd have to shut down the entire "outdoors" and keep people out of it. Since that ain't happening, and isn't going to ever happen, I'd relax. It's all good.

The more time goes by the more convinced I am that it's kept quiet. And with technology advances those that need to know to cover up find out about it faster, but also information as a whole is more widespread, not sure if that means it will be easier to conceal or harder?

-KW, and yes I'm fairly sure big business is behind covering it up rather than the government.

Ok, so a lot of folks seem to think there may be some concerted effort on the part of the goverment or other "sanctioning" entities to limit the information available to the public concerning evidence for Bigfoot. I have always wondered about this but kept my thoughts to myself until I have read a lot of posts by folks here, who I am assuming, have greater knowledge on the subject than I. Is it possible the government has something to hide? Or something to loose if Bigfoot were proven to exist? If so, what possibly?

There is a rule in figuring out such things...if you want to find the cause, follow the money (or consequences).

What would happen if BF is confirmed? Guaranteed almost immediately it would be added to the Endangered Species Act rolls. Once declared "endangered", 100s of 1000s of acres would likely be locked up in wilderness areas and declared "essential habitat" for the new species. That means no logging, no mining, no tourist development, etc.

So the people who profit from the above talk to their Congresscritters, who talk to the department/agency head, who order the staff to make sure that evidence for BF is either not gathered at all or "removed" where necessary, and not presented as being serious and credible in either case.

That seems to me to be the most likely case. Others posit religious or sociological reasons for such an interest in denial, but it's been my experience that money is almost always the most powerful motivation around.

Good idea starting this thread. Ok, so I dont think there is a conspiricy. The reason is 1) I dont think our government could keep a secret like this,

Which is patent nonsense...the government still keeps some personnel records from WWII secret and will in perpetuity. That arguably is an even more useless secret in the grand scheme of things than BF evicence.

and if ours could there are numerous other govts that cant or wouldnt. and

They have the same reasons ours would, and the same ability.

2) There isnt a reason to keep it a secret.

If bigfoot does exist why keep it a secret?

Do you even bother to read what other people post? Do you even bother to read your own post, because you answer your own question right below.

It would give our government a huge tool to add restrictions to both business and private land owners (and our govt loves to do that) impacting bigfoot's existance.

And the economic interests who really own the government don't want that.

And given the liberal anti religious leanings of certain members of our govt it would also be a huge advantage for them to have bigfoot exist. Would put a big dent in the credibility of creation theory vs evolution right?

I can't speak to this because BF doesn't prove or disprove anything one way or the other on such issues.

My personal view is that as it becomes harder to produce decent evidence bigfooters come up with more reasons to explain why. Just like bigfoot can detect trail cams, read minds, see in IR, and blur video with infra-sound. A govt cover up and conspiricy is just one more rung on the ladder to false reality.

You mean the one you posit in this very post, right? Where governments cannot keep secrets OR have any reason to... :rolleyes:

Guest watch1

Oh, I don't think so. There are some members who are Law Enforcement Officers, Forest Service, etc and they would know.

Wait a minute, maybe they're moles for the government and are keeping tabs on us, derailing any legitimate efforts. Shoot, some of the leadership of this board, and some admins are government LEOs!!!

There might be a conspiracy after all. :biggrin:

It's comments like this that give me reason to believe there are those working in the background to cover things up.

Say what is really happening and then make a BIG joke of it just to cast doubt on any other similar statements made that might be true.

I studied psyops in the military and I know how the mind games work.

Mike (watch1)

Guest poignant

Mulder:

I agree with your stance on 'follow the money'. By the same token, I would think that population numbers for other species are being fudged so as to allow logging/harvesting/mining to continue.

Darrell:

I'll look up the link - it's been a while since I read the article.

I think they may have tried, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Too, many witnesses.

There should be retired wildlife officials that could speak to this question.

Just my two cents folks, but I don't think you would find any department memos or procedures regarding handling a Bigfoot incident with the rank file members of the Forest Service, Department of Interior, F.B.I. etc etc, but I do feel somewhere up the federal management food chain well beyond local office banter, there is deliberate efforts to squash information about them.

Maybe it is something as simple as the government not wanting to appear as not being in total control?? That they really don't know exactly who and what the Bigfoot are and don't want to appear incompetent. This is what I would hope would be the truth of the matter.

What occasionally nags at me is that they-for what ever reasons- are deliberately witholding information for some greater scheme of things. Having wide spread public acceptance and knowledge that Bigfoot really exists is not be a benefit to their cause. You could spend all day pondering the motives for that kind of behavior. Maybe in time, we will know......