Conspiracy Theory And Bigfoot

AaronD

Guest Darrell

Mulder, Well I guess if you really believe in the conspiricy nothing anyone can say could convince you otherwise since it just plays back into your conspiricy. IMO When one gets out into the real word and matures a bit, theories from X- file reruns do not make much sense. The reason a bigfoot cant be found is'nt because the govt wont let you, its because YOU (bigfooters) cant find one. Claiming the govt wont let you is just dodging reality.

The more I read, the more I am starting to agree.

On Coast to Coast last night, David Paulides did say he thought the government knew about bigfoot and was covering it up. If he thinks so.....I guess I have to take it seriously. Just my opinion.

So has anyone asked the government for any info on bigfoot? If so, what was the response?

Personally, I'm not buying into government conspiracy claims, especially since they seems to lack any... you know... evidence.

RayG

Guest Darrell

^But that has always been the reality with conspiricies. Somebody tells somebody else and this guy quotes another guy's book where that guy quoted some other guys book. Time goes by and the conspiricy gets farther from what the real situation was.

The government might know, but dont want to aknowlege Sasquaches existance because they have more important things to worry about. Not because of some grand conspiracy.

If bigfoot critters are killing hunters and kidnapping people and killing them, I think it's serious enough for government scrutiny.

In Missing 411, Paulides tells of a couple of times Green Berets (Rangers?) were called out on searches. They seem to be concerned, if that is any measure of it.

I'd post the link to the Coast to Coast interview but they don't have a reciprocal BFF link, so I will just tell you to find the Youtue channel of "astraltravelex" and video called "Coast to Coast AM - June 24 2012 - More Odd Disappearances."

Edited by Kings Canyon

Maybe it is something as simple as the government not wanting to appear as not being in total control?? That they really don't know exactly who and what the Bigfoot are and don't want to appear incompetent. This is what I would hope would be the truth of the matter.

My thoughts are leaning towards the opposite; that some part of the government knows exactly what Bigfoot is and therein is the reason for them wanting to keep it away from the public. Whether it's a product of their own genetic engineering gone retarded, or something otherworldly that they're "protecting" civilians from or some other equally disturbing scenario...but I doubt they would care so much if it were simply some undiscovered species of ape, etc. And by design a government is compartmentalized to the extent that one department of interest doesn't have a clue what another is working with and so on. An example is the Kecksburg incident that happened near where I live. Flying object crashes and soon the military is there to scoop it up and say it was something mundane while thwarting the media and locals' curiousity---even the soldiers who retrieved the thimbal looking object weren't told what they were handling, just ordered to get it out of there. Having said this, I'm sure that your forest ranger, BFRO representative, and whoever else gets the media association with bigfoot, is not the one(s) in on any conspiracy---you would have to look much deeper

Mulder, Well I guess if you really believe in the conspiricy nothing anyone can say could convince you otherwise since it just plays back into your conspiricy. IMO When one gets out into the real word and matures a bit, theories from X- file reruns do not make much sense. The reason a bigfoot cant be found is'nt because the govt wont let you, its because YOU (bigfooters) cant find one. Claiming the govt wont let you is just dodging reality.

As an NSA supermole outted by the fabulous Neil Burgstahler, I feel inclined not only to reward this post with a plus, but also this festive Bigfoot cookie...

il_170x135.266754393.jpg

• Upvote 1

Heck, I don't know if the government knows about BF or not.

But I certainly would not put it past them to try and cover things up if they did.

Place a FOI request and you'll get a bunch of blacked out and re-dacted documents over Roswell or the JFK assasination.

The impact on logging would be one reason for them to do so over BF.

With most things, one needs only to follow the money trail to find cause.

I suspect the same would apply for BF.

As brother Indiefoot opined....

I think they may have tried, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Too, many witnesses.

There should be retired wildlife officials that could speak to this question.

I've seen and witnessed stories that indicate there are retired wildlife officials who *know*.

And, the largest hurdle for the overtly skeptical to surpass is the continued sightings from witnesses of all walks and stature.

I get a kick out of the random dismissing of them all as mis-identifications and paredoila.

I'll cede those explanations probably account for most sightings but not all by any stretch.

There are cases of multiple witnesses seeing the same thing at the same time. There are no mass hallucinations going on.

Too much there for there not to be something viable there IMHO.

Is it possible the government has something to hide? Or something to loose if Bigfoot were proven to exist? If so, what possibly?

Anything is possible.

Probable is another story.

My take is that for a secret to stay kept you need three things.

1) A small group of people in the know.

2) A fairly short amount of time that you are keeping that secret.

3) A secret that is so "big" everyone agrees is worth keeping.

I just don't see some broad conspiracy by the government to keep Bigfoot a secret as meeting these critiera.

A lot of people would have to be in the know. A lot of them political appointments...which change every two years at state levels in some cases. Your talking keeping a secret for how long? At least 50 years now (assuming you say the 1960s is the "starting point" for mass media awareness....but I think everyone who is a believer on this website feels that bigfoot predates white settlers on this continent...so you should probably have to agree that the government has been keeping this secret for 100 or 200 years). And the secret is big how? Logging could be negatively impacted....people might be afraid...

I just don't see it.

I work in the state level agency here in Vermont that would have to be "in the know" to coordinate a coverup. It just couldn't happen. The protections offered to civil servents are just too solid to say that some political level conspiracy could be enacted and enforced for any amount of time. A lot of the people are here because they are really committed to protecting and conserving the environment. There are people here who cultivate contacts amidst the mass-media simply to be able to counter-act what they see as bad policy decisions made by the political appointments. "hushing-up" something like Bigfoot would be impossible for any length of time. Soon or later, you are going to have someone in the know who feels the public should be informed...and they will "spill the beans".

I can't speak for the federal level ... but I did work for the federal government for a number of years and I don't really see any difference betwen what happened there and what happens here. The monolithic government so beloved by conspiracy buffs is composed of people. And people are not the faceless drones of fiction. A group of government employees bring all the normal range of human believes, values and judgements that you would find in any other group. I believe you can convince a group that releasing plans for a nuclear device is dangerous...and persuade them to keep the "secret"...but convince a random group that knowledge of a large primate in inhabiting North America is a national secret that must be kept....No. There is just not that obvious a reason WHY this secret must be kept...and strong arguments that the public should be informed.

All that said, if someone ever did a BigfootHunter movie using TrollHunter as a template, I would be in 1st in line to enjoy the fictional governmental conspiracy tale.

Tim

Dear Dept. of Interior,

Dear Bureau of Land Management,

Dear National Parks Service,

Dear Smithsonian,

Dear Homeland Security

Dear To Whom it May Concern @ U.S. Government,

Please send me all info the government has collected regarding Bigfoot or Sasquatch. This is an FOI request BTW.

Sincerely,

A Bigfoot Researcher

Dear Bigfoot researcher,

Can you be more specific? Our databases are aligned in the following manner: For animals, it is aligned by the Latin name of the animal. For example, if you were asking about an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, it would be filed under Crotalus adamanteus. For humans it is either by social security number, or by lastname, firstname, most recent address. Surely you have one or the other of these.

Sincerely,

The US government.

Theoretically, What government dept. is orchestrating the conspiracy? It must be the CIA or the NSA, since they are experienced with conspiracies.

"Matters cryptozoological" are bedevilled by many baffling and frustrating factors in the first place; this state of affairs is intensified when there are also complications -- actual or potential -- from possible involvement on the part of "the powers that be". With Bigfoot-related things, the waters are certainly further muddied by such doings. There has been much discussion on BFF, about the potential legal consquences for anyone who were to kill a Bigfoot. And also, as in this thread, scenarios envisaged of authority knowing about BF but -- for whatever set of reasons -- covering it up from the general public.

A similar situation obtains as regards the thylacine ("Tasmanian tiger / wolf"), now presumed extinct by biologists, but thought possibly hanging on in tiny numbers in remote locations. The species is -- still, i understand -- legally protected: killing or live-capturing one, breaks the law. Plus, it is quite frequently suggested that the authorities know about the species's survival, but cover it up because its best chance of continuing to survive, is seen as people not knowing about it; and / or vested interests (principally the logging industry) are best served by people's thinking the animal no longer exists.

Considerations of this kind make yet more complex and murky, a situation which is already amply "all of that". Comes to mind to wonder whether this is the case with any others of the world's more prominent cryptids. The thought occurs, do the Yowie guys in Australia find reason to suspect that "those in charge" know about yowies, but choose to keep the matter secret?

Did the "Men in Black" show up to examine the Georgia Boys' freezer? If not, then there is no coverup.

Unless of course they provided them with the fake one!

Edited by EABiker

Wow! I'm impressed with the responses you all have given. My curiousity in the matter comes from the fact that nothing has been concluded in all the decades (centuries?) since the BF phenomenon was "born" for lack of a better word. Nothing more observable since the PGF, just new stories...oh yeah, DNA; when's that coming out?

I guess I'm looking at the government as a possible keeper of secrets because who else in the world has the technology and power (money) to scour the earth for physical evidence? And there always seems to be some kind of roadblock/delay/hang-up in the persuit of a conclusion when something of interest does come to light (e.g., DNA or physical body) It seems to me as though it's one of two possibilities: a) some power that be wants it that way, or B) B) there simply isn't such thing as BF to discover IMHO

Did the "Men in Black" show up to examine the Georgia Boys' freezer? If not, then there is no coverup.

Unless of course they provided them with the fake one!

Or, the "men in black" knew it wasn't one of their own so they allowed the hoax to play out as such, further fostering doubt in the public's mindset :keeporder:

Edited by AaronD