Any Stories Of Special Forces / Sniper Training Having Encounters ?

BFF Patron

This is not SF, but law enforcement sighting and ongoing research:  http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=47107

My link above to 9385 was overwritten by the other url:  this is the sighting:  http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=9385

Edited by bipedalist

I once talked to an ex SF guy who saw Bigfoot during night navigation training at Fort Bragg.

Where on Fort Bragg?

"Sniper" isn't an actual job in the Army. It's a special qualification and those guys are generally part of a Scout/Recon platoon attached to HHC units. And most of the time, they are out training with everyone else in the unit, not specifically on their own. I can't imagine many of them would ever run into anything on the training ranges even if practicing stalking, as they aren't usually just randomly sneaking around the woods, but rather have an actual objective. But I guess you never know.

^^yup..  it is an ASI, additional skill identifier..  B4, added to the MOS after successful completion of the training.

That would make a lot more sense and does fit in with the overall incident much better. The thing was, he said Wainwright AFB, which I took to mean either Ft. Wainwright in Fairbanks (Ladd Army Airfield) or Eielson AFB located about 15 miles SE of Ft. Wainwright. Technically, there is no such thing as Wainwright AFB.

Thanks for the clarification. I have to agree that it is the best solution to this apparent discrepancy.

VA, I wonder if he has mixed up which training mission he was on?

My son has had dozens upon dozens of training missions, and while the BF encounter would be very memorable, perhaps exactly where he was may have slipped his mind and he has confused 2 events into one with the wrong place being made into the encounter area. Just a thought to share...

Admin

Susie,

He was not mixed up, I was. BFSleuth put the location into context here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/32119-any-stories-of-special-forces-sniper-training-having-encounters/page-1#entry605478

While I do not doubt that training missions can run together, especially after a few years of service and dozens of exercises, I think that the witness in this report recounted his location correctly. I misplaced the location due to my lack of knowledge regarding AK geography.

BFF Patron

I think it is considered joint base Wainwright/Eielson now I believe.  Our old Black Dog refused to believe it was a bonafide installation as I remember going back and forth with him over it. Joint base Elmendorf-Richardson is definitely in Alaska.  

http://www.oea.gov/project-highlights/compatible-use/fort-wainwright-%E2%80%93-eielson-air-force-base,-alaska

Edited by bipedalist

^Was a formal report ever made? I seem to remember reading a very similar report...I think out of Ft Lewis in WA.

I think that I reported that encounter a couple of years ago

. A group of marines were on night maneuvers, no weapons whatsoever, and encountered an angry BF who took exception to a group bothering his sleeping spot.

Chaos ensued, all of the men returned safely to base, and the BF probably found another place to sleep that had less traffic:)

Susie,

He was not mixed up, I was. BFSleuth put the location into context here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/32119-any-stories-of-special-forces-sniper-training-having-encounters/page-1#entry605478

While I do not doubt that training missions can run together, especially after a few years of service and dozens of exercises, I think that the witness in this report recounted his location correctly. I misplaced the location due to my lack of knowledge regarding AK geography.

Thank you, and a plus 1 for being so kind to me:)

I just wanted a reason to post the picture I made of his sighting.

lontabb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is that a STRYCKER? Did I spell it correctly? That had to be a really TALL BF to look over that machine to the other side for the soldier to see.

Edited by SweetSusiq

It looks like an M113 armored personnel carrier to this old sailor, SweetSusiq. The cage is to detonate rocket-propelled grenades before they reach the hull.

Admin

Yes, M113 with RPG protection.

Been around since the 60's, widely exported, with numerous variants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M113_armored_personnel_carrier

Not the primary APC for the US anymore, but still in service for a number of uses.

Guest Ned Merrill

All very interesting stuff. I have to wonder, where do these creatures sleep (if they are full-time flesh and blood entities)? Where do they hole-up? We seem to encroach upon them, oddly, and they even seem to be reatively near military installations. And the whole military thing strikes me as oddly curious. Special Forces, armed, trained and equipped, mix in pure happenstance, and suddenly we have an array of intrguing encounters. I am reminded of the Dennis Martin abduction, the supposed sighting of a 'wildman' not long after and the sudden and curious appearance of Green Berets who happened to be nearby on maneuvers.

For those that read into things, lets be certain I am not accusing the military, per se, of being behind the sighting of these creatures. I find it very strange that we can have such highly dedicated, trained and exceptional personel, equipped no less, within such close proximity to these things and yet very little beyond the momentary encounter is ever discovered. And I have no problem believing that they are being seen.

All things, where these two elements are concerned, are not equal.

Coonbo told of men at edwards afb being told not to shoot the BF and not to harm them at all.. even having to sometimes clear these creatures from the runway so as not to be run over