Unique Sighting Report - Ability Of Bf To Hide In Plain Sight

Guest BFSleuth

I would assume that the dark brown/black ones will look "grey" whenever they get white growing in, and the mid brown ones will look "blond".

In these woods, the mid brown and grey would be able to do most effective stump or mossy boulder impressions. Mid-late summer though, when the canopy is thick and the shadows seem deep black in comparison with the brightness of the sun, the black ones would probably be hardest to see.

Though don't forget, in rural, smalltown, farm country, it probably hides best by being man shaped. Those areas where seeing another human is not unusual, that anything people shaped, erring on the side of the odds is 99% likely to be "people". So you're out early in the morning, you see a figure across the field folllowing the hedge/ditch, it's too far to yell hello, but hawkward, it seems to have noticed your interest... so you try a friendly wave... figure waves back... that's settled then, it's people.... completely neglecting that we have the verb "to ape" for a reason... now then, anything primate shaped is smart, anything primate shaped and capable of bipedalism is smarter, have any of these farm country boogers figured out they get hassled less if they wave first??

Flashman I just wanted to let you know that one of the regional names for BF in parts of Kentucky is "howdy" because of reports of the creature waving when spotted from a distance. When I first saw this several years ago the same thing you wrote went through my mind. I figured that this creature had seen poeple wave at it from a distance and learned that often if it simply waved back the people went about their business. Sorry I can't give any links but I'm sure if you search:Kentucky, bigfoot, howdy that some info will pop up. A while back Kentuckybigfoot.com listed "Howdy" on their facebook page as one of the regional names of bigfoot in Ky so thats another place to look.

• 7 months later...
SSR Team

I love even these reports.

These things disappear, but they don't, they just utilise their environment, angles, trees and anything then can to make you think they do.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=47872