Bears.. Are They Afraid Of Sasquatch (Top Alpha Predators)?

It would depend on what we are talking about.

A full grown male Squatch tipping the scales at 800 lbs?

1) A 300 lbs black Bear? No problem.

2) A 650 lbs grizzly Bear? Ummm maybe.

3) A 1400 lbs brown Bear? Not a chance.

It would be like a child going against a heavy weight figher versus a brown Bear. I don't care if the child is armed with a "baseball bat" or not. I don't care if the child brings some buddies along.........

You don't give up 500-600 lbs in a fight and expect to win.

Now on the other hand if the 1400 lbs brown Bear had a very bad experience with a Squatch when he was a 50 lbs cub? Well then that memory would remain and could turn the encounter the Squatch's way with the bear retreating. But if the bear wasn't afraid? Not a chance.

Guest Graydog52

The only duels I have read are of huge Bigfoot 10' or better against 10' or a better bear. The bear was stalking the female and child Bigfoot. The Big male was enraged and hunted the bear down and attacked him.That is an incredible mindset by a thinking creature.From what I have read, seen, and, picked up.Bigfoot can run 20 plus mph for extended periods of time. He can put on a burst of speed that can make a human observer go into shock. His manual dexterity is such that he can skin an animal with his bare hands by sliding them between the animals skin and body, then pull the body out through the mouth leaving an almost intact skin.His prefered kill method is a quick snap to break the neck -humane and efficient. I have seen eye witness accounts of Bigfoot breaking the neck of a deer in mid stride as he ran alongside.

I have looked long and hard to find this out, because Bigfoots world is hidden from us. Bears have few secrets. They are not as intelligent ,or mentally creative as Bigfoot. They can run 30 mph , for about 100 yds. They have great speed and ferocious power , but they can not perform at a high energy level for an extended length of time. I think that soon into the fight the bear is desperate because he knows time is against him.

This is what I think , and, I have thought about it. but I certainly may not be right.

The only duels I have read are of huge Bigfoot 10' or better against 10' or a better bear. The bear was stalking the female and child Bigfoot. The Big male was enraged and hunted the bear down and attacked him.That is an incredible mindset by a thinking creature.From what I have read, seen, and, picked up.Bigfoot can run 20 plus mph for extended periods of time. He can put on a burst of speed that can make a human observer go into shock. His manual dexterity is such that he can skin an animal with his bare hands by sliding them between the animals skin and body, then pull the body out through the mouth leaving an almost intact skin.His prefered kill method is a quick snap to break the neck -humane and efficient. I have seen eye witness accounts of Bigfoot breaking the neck of a deer in mid stride as he ran alongside.

I have looked long and hard to find this out, because Bigfoots world is hidden from us. Bears have few secrets. They are not as intelligent ,or mentally creative as Bigfoot. They can run 30 mph , for about 100 yds. They have great speed and ferocious power , but they can not perform at a high energy level for an extended length of time. I think that soon into the fight the bear is desperate because he knows time is against him.

This is what I think , and, I have thought about it. but I certainly may not be right.

What makes you say that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGLCZSiWr_I

The bear was stalking the female and child Bigfoot. The Big male was enraged and hunted the bear down and attacked him.

I have a hard time believing the details of this story. Can you provide a source?

Guest feverdreams

I think that as a rule top predators tend to avoid each other unless they are desperate. (although I am sure that there are exceptions)

Certainly bears don't tend to attack other bears to eat unless starving (although I think males will kill cubs to try to try to get females to mate again)

If Sasquatch is a real creature I think it would be smart enough to find an easier meal than something as strong as a bear. But I would agree that the Sasquatch would definitely be the alpha predator, as a primate you have to assume it is going to be a lot more intelligent.

I think if the largest individual of each species were to square off, the Bear would definitaly win. Even if it doesnt kill the Squatch, it would likely either scare it off or fatally wound it.

Bears may not be the top alpha predator. Whenever a bear kills a deer, he often loses out on the meal when a pack of wolves show up. That tells me that bears are unable to defend themselves or their kill against multiple other predators. So when I watched this video link, I think the bear took off because he knew that where there is one sasquatch, there are likely others around, and he doesn't want to tangle with one if he knows there may be another.

Really good points.

If a huge starving BF and a giant starving Brown Bear stand off over a dead moose, it would be quite a battle. The BF might retreat to the woods in search of a stout club equivalent to 8 baseball bats then come back for the challenge. BF might beat the bear senseless, but then again if the bear bites BF in the arm and holds on, BF has a problem. Some BFs might look for a boulder the size of a basketball and try to crush the bears skull. My guess is after 100 battles over many time periods, BF would win about 50. My guess is BF might sustain more injuries which could lead to a slow death from infection.

The only duels I have read are of huge Bigfoot 10' or better against 10' or a better bear. The bear was stalking the female and child Bigfoot. The Big male was enraged and hunted the bear down and attacked him.

Where did you read this story? Post it, if you can find it please,

I dont think any large animals will really fight to the death over food, other than isolated incidents. It's simply not worth the risk of injury in the wild.

And I totally forgot the possibility of the Squatch beating the tar out of the Bear with an object.

Guest Graydog52

I will continue looking for the story . I had it saved , but. lost my hard drive. Looking now.

By the way it was only one of many. There are eyewitness accounts through american history.Bigfoot throwing 150 lb. boulders 50yds, across a river. Lifting 2000 lb. boulders. pushing over huge trees. pulling the tank tracks off of heavy earth moving equipment and throwing them far away. Throwing full 55 gal. drums like they are toys.

I will find them, but,You could look too. It is out there.

The book Raincoast Sasquatch offers some comments on this subject. It suggests perhaps in some cases that SOME Sasquatch may consider bear as a prey species.. most notably blacks of course. After all SOME people eat bear.. and i do recall a reference of one report claiming a bear was seen taken from a trap by a Sasquatch. I like Forest Tones thinking regarding separation between two alpha species.. and perhaps pheromones or some chemical deterrent may be in volved in this ? Is it possible other species have this going for them ? Question.. HOW big of a rock can a big man throw ? Then how big of a rock can a big Sasquatch throw ? How big of a club could it smash with? Just wondering. One of the reports in the book by Dr. J Robert Alley included a hunter who took a brown bear. it had its lower jaw twisted and broken and one front foot was smashed. Not saying it was a Sasquatch that did that .. but what if ? Size questions, power, speed questions, interesting topic. *Anybody remember the man who killed what I believe was an adult female grizzly in Colorado with a knife ? Questions to the validity of her presence in Colorado..perhaps. Dont remember.

Edited by treeknocker

I bet a Bigfoot could kill a Black Bear, but eat one? I doubt that. That'd be like, if every time a Lion was hungry, it tried to kill a Cape Buffalo. If you're an animal, you want to gain as much energy as possible, use up as little energy as possible, and take as little injury risk as possible. It seems to me that any animal whose existence is dictated by those guidelines, which is pretty much any animal in a wild situation, would rather go hungry for a day and catch the next Deer that comes around than risk serious injury trying to kill a Bear.

1- look at the comparisons between predation reports: deer, etc. 99 percent.. bear less than 1 percent ?

2- OFTEN there are deer said to be confiscated after a hunter downs one. ARE there any regarding bear hunters ? Perhaps the mossy bear report is actual.

*Not saying that .. this is a regular occurrence. Just saying why not ? I totally agree that the difficulty is much more so than ungulates, hogs, etc. They take out dogs. Big ones. Whats the difference if you are 700 lb or more and the little guyis say.. 250 ? Club him .. lights out. Just examples of what if is all. totally agree that bear are not a targeted predated spp for them. But I do wonder what goes on behind the scene and in the samples I used, is that an indication of a situation that goes unwritten about ? Or is there any relationship at all ? Couldnt agree with you more regarding the injury risk. Another reason I brought it up: because.. it might be someone had an experience with it and if so.. I would like to hear it. * Just some ideas.. in comparison of perhaps what potential the Sasquatch yield regarding firepower in potential interaction with.. bear. Appreciate the sound thinking because thats my thoughts... avoid mostly if not all the time.

WOW...no wonder some people are lost when it comes to the existence of BF.

Not trying to be mean, it's fascinating really, but some people are just....................lost or clueless?

A bear beating a BF...............come on? I see talk about bears having claws so they must win.

If I put 3 more feet of height and 600 more pounds of muscle on some of you would a bear beat you? Keep in mind you have the strength that comes along with the muscle AND you still have your superior intellect. A bear would look a LOT less intimidating to something 8-10ft tall and 600 - 900 lbs.

I think a squatch will beat a bear the same manner that a fit man would beat a large dog. Heck if my hands were as large and hard as a squatch MYSELF I would box and uppercut the bear's teeth out. If I had the squatch's strength I'd choke the life out of a bear and break it's neck.

Can a large dog beat a chimp? I ask again: Can a 200lb dog do ANYTHING with a 200lb male chimp? How easily would that chimp kill that dog?

The squatch is the apex predator no doubt! I believe most animals who fear humans have learned this and associate it with what ever type squatch/yeti they have in their area.

• masterbarber locked this topic