Bears.. Are They Afraid Of Sasquatch (Top Alpha Predators)?

I think it would kill the dog easily. At least that's the reports they used to give from Africa about chimps/baboons against dogs. They said the primate would simply grab the dog and break its back.

A dog? Like a run of the mill dog? Sure. You stated a 200 lbs "dog" vs. a 200 lbs chimp. Which would be something more like a Dire Wolf than a dog. I don't think there is anything "easy" about an encounter like that. And I don't think for a second that the chimp is the safe bet.

Now a 200lb man against a 200 or 300lb bear comes down to what type of man we're discussing. Is it a man that is so domesticated that a 50lb dog would kill him? Or is it a 200lb wild man that does what it takes to survive?

Against a 200-300 lbs Grizzly? I don't care if he is a MMA fighter that eats glass for breakfast.........he is a dead man.

I'm sure a BF can break a moose's neck with a right cross...no claws needed.

A bear doesn't break the moose's neck with it's claws, it does it with it's power.

Excellent point.

I'm not really giving Squatch any kudos for weapons other than what he can pick up. Humans on the other hand are tool makers......so were our ancestors.

Let's put it this way.

If the woods was full of 50 lbs elves that hunted in packs of 20 while using razor sharp obsidian spears? I'd be scared to death of going into the woods alone. Obviously if I could catch one alone, isolated and without his weapon? I wouldn't be nearly as worried. And that's taking for granted that I'm acting like a Squatch, and not utilizing human weapons, etc. Just walking around the woods naked and picking up natural objects to utilize as a weapon.

There are reports that bears walk up to hunters and twist their heads off if shot at....and don't use their claws just their thumbs...

I'd like to see these "reports".

And just a FYI..........bears lack thumbs..........

I've already stated, when you have two large predators of similar size in the same environment they practice mutual avoidance, they know they can both seriously harm each other so they stay out of each others way. Bears would certainly benefit from BF because BF appear to be active hunters and I also believe that bears predate a large number of infant BF.

How BF interact with the other species in the ecosystem is my particular area of interest, and ecologically speaking as large omnivorous mammals BF are very similar to bears, at least in an ecological sense. This makes me think that there may be competition for resources, grizzlies are known to drive black bears from berry patches and carrion, perhaps Sasquatch does the same.

I firmly believe that BF does predate black bear on rare occasions, there is a report of a bf chasing a juvenile black bear, but grizzlies are far too aggressive and dangerous and BF fear them.

I've already stated, when you have two large predators of similar size in the same environment they practice mutual avoidance, they know they can both seriously harm each other so they stay out of each others way. Bears would certainly benefit from BF because BF appear to be active hunters and I also believe that bears predate a large number of infant BF.

How BF interact with the other species in the ecosystem is my particular area of interest, and ecologically speaking as large omnivorous mammals BF are very similar to bears, at least in an ecological sense. This makes me think that there may be competition for resources, grizzlies are known to drive black bears from berry patches and carrion, perhaps Sasquatch does the same.

I firmly believe that BF does predate black bear on rare occasions, there is a report of a bf chasing a juvenile black bear, but grizzlies are far too aggressive and dangerous and BF fear them.

While this avoidance is a good point, alpha predators DO indeed meet from time to time.

While this avoidance is a good point, alpha predators DO indeed meet from time to time.

Yep, and I got my money on a big grizzly over a Sasquatch

Alaskan_Brown_Bear_on_the_Beach_1.jpg

He could eat a squatch if he wanted to.

First, watch this documentary, skip to 1:00 to see the encounter where a bear apparently runs away "fast" from a Sasquatch. It begs the question, is Sasquatch the top alpha predator, and also, could a bear be put in danger when in the presence of a Sasquatch?

No, bears don't believe in Sasquatch.

Well, in Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch, he says that bigfoot almost certainly prey on black bears, and mentions one encounter witnessed from offshore in which a huge brownie and a sasquatch made double dam sure their paths didn't intersect.

Edited by DWA

I heard in a pod cast that a hunter (in Canada I believe) saw a BF in his spotting scope across a large meadow just inside the tree line on the far side of the meadow. He was observing a black bear in the middle of the meadow and it stopped, stood up in the direction of the treeline on the far side of the meadow and it immediately turn and ran toward the hunter. He thought this was strange as the bear was tearing across the meadow at break neck speed. So he looked in the direction of what spooked it and he saw a BF standing in the tree line.

I would say based on this, BF is king.

Do any of you recall the youtube video of a sighting in Alaska. The two guys say they were watching a large brown bear from their boat when the bear suddenly caught a whiff and haul tailed out of there with haste.

They were wondering what could make a brown bear take off like that when a BF walked into view...blowing them away of course.

And browns grow larger than grizzly's.

I guarantee BF smack bears around.

Do any of you recall the youtube video of a sighting in Alaska. The two guys say they were watching a large brown bear from their boat when the bear suddenly caught a whiff and haul tailed out of there with haste.

They were wondering what could make a brown bear take off like that when a BF walked into view...blowing them away of course.

And browns grow larger than grizzly's.

I guarantee BF smack bears around.

Your talking about the show "Monsters and Mysteries in Alaska".

And I've hunted bears on Prince of Wales Island.

Here is that power I have been talking about. Bigfoot has muscles in places wher bears don't have places.

http://www.bigfooten...inyo_county.htm

:nono:

http://www.montana.edu/cpa/news/nwview.php?article=3827

The team also tested what the bears could do to a 700-pound metal Dumpster.

"It was like a beach ball to them," Cairns said. "They could roll it over and over. It took a minimum of two people a concerted effort to tip it."

• masterbarber locked this topic