16 Minutes Of Constant Howls (California July 2012)

There's a video posted just a couple of days ago where a guy in Northern California got 16 minutes of Bigfoot howls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdoQNG6jgr0

Split into two videos. (edit: this is part two. Howls really start to get deafening at around 1:53)

He and his wife were in an RV by the road, with a boat, when transmission gave out. They were stuck on the side of the road overnight; they were chillin', eating burgers etc., and around 10pm, this started up, and apparently lasted about 20 minutes.

There's a LOT of howling. These Squatches are making a serious racket. Potentially fighting? It's a crazy amount of sound.

Another car goes by, sees something in the road, honks?

He has some interesting comments about it. Suggests it could have been a mother separated from its young?

What do you all think? What would make squatches go into such an incredible fuss as this?

Edited by SarumanTheChef

Sorry to say this but I don't hear anything to make me think it isn't dogs, coyotes or wolves

JiggyPotamus

At least once I head a coyote or wolf, or what could have possibly been a coyote or wolf, but whatever was making those deep sounds was not any canine that I have ever heard. Before I listened I was hoping that this would be documented evidence of sasquatch attempting to intimidate people to leave an area, as reports state that one or more of these animals have circled a camp, usually during the early morning hours, making awful vocalizations until the people leave...And if they don't leave, the sasquatch will either get bored and leave, or keep up the intimidation tactics until daylight starts to break. I don't know how many reports there are, but I think that this is definitely a tactic they would use, considering they do not like people in their woods, lol. But whatever made these noises...they weren't directing them at the people who captured the sounds. That's pretty obvious given the sheer distance between the sounds and the camera. I would have liked for the guy to have kept the camera on the dog the whole time, since there wasn't anything that we needed to see, as dogs often react to other canines in a different way than they do to something like a sasquatch. But then again not all dogs are the same.

There is nothing definitive showing this is a sasquatch, but what else yells with that much bass and carrying capacity? I can think of no animal in North America, personally. I am not familiar with all animals though, so maybe someone else can identify these sounds. I just do not think they sound canine at all, as a canine howls, and does not yell. It may yelp though, lol. A big cat will scream, but I've never heard one scream to the point that it sounds like a big man. I've heard them sound like a distressed female, but never anything like what I hear in this audio clip.

So I don't know. Let's say if it was a sasquatch, what was it doing? If it were fighting, there would probably be another one yelling. What is going on is so far away that it is difficult to tell if there is just one animal making the sounds imo. What does everyone else think this could be?

GuyInIndiana

I was hoping part 1 would be better than part 2, 'coz I never got anything bigfoot related out of part 2... but part 1 is even harder to hear than part 2. I really wonder what it was that even made him think that he was hearing a "sasquatchie"<?> as he put it?

All I get is canine.

The main vocal doesn't sound like a coyote at all. On the 1st video there seemed to be some faint dogs/coyotes howling. I am curious why his two dogs are so calm. Usually dogs get more jumpy when coyotes or other animals are making a racket. Helluva echo, though.

Big question for me is what did the car honk at? One dog started growling almost immediately after it passed & honked. Makes you wonder if something was creeping close by and the car caught a glimpse of it.

Edited by MikeG
......font size

This is pretty cool. It could be coyotes but I can't hear it clearly enough. It just sounds like a bunch of "woosh" sounds in the wind.

Egump

Bow freakin' wow...

JiggyPotamus

You make good points there and I'm not saying that it isn't BF howls, it's just that I'm not convinced. I listened closely with headphones and yes there are some bass sounds and they are peculiar but as someone who lives in a country without wolves or coyotes I can't rule it out as being one of them as I have never heard their full vocal range. Didn't Tom Steenburg once show that what were belived to be classic bigfoot howls made by coyotes?

I'd like these to be BF related as they sure sound creepy but at the moment I'm on the fence.

TD-40

I know coyote yelps and those sounds were not coming from canines.

For those so quick to rule out canine...

Listen to this, and consider if it was about a mile or two away through the woods....

I hear ALOT of similarities !

Part of me even wonders, if its possibly a hoax.... and what he's done is to take a recording of hounds braying, and played it at half speed, recording it onto a CD or digital, and then just played it over the RV's sound system, thus creating a realistic sounding "howling in the distance".... I dont put it past anyone these days to come up with more and more tricky/sophisticated hoax's.....

PS- +10 points if you saw the hound catch the falling pine cone at :44 seconds of the video !

I've never heard a Sasquatch howl like that. I've heard the deep, low, rumbly howls, as well as the high pitched, screech type howls, and these don't sound anything like that. While they don't sound terribly canine-like, they do have a lot of similarities, and that's enough for me to rule out a Sasquatch, because a Sasquatch call is usually much louder than that of a canines. But, who knows, like Matt Moneymaker has said, something along the lines of this...

"Sasquatch sometimes mimic other animals, including coyotes, when they're vocalizing, to blend in with their surroundings so they can't be detected and discovered"

;)

TD-40

This is a video from California from August that has already been posted here on this forum, but I think it is relevant to this thread. The screams are similar.

BFSleuth

Thanks for posting that video TD-40. I've never seen that one before. Anyone else notice the car driving by at 13:45 then honking at something? I wonder what they were honking at in the middle of a forest?

TD-40

The car honking is a mystery because it wouldn't have been able to hear the sounds while driving. When you see something crossing the road you usually don't honk, either. I may honk if there is something standing in the road that won't move or is moving too slow, but I rarely honk at all. I have no idea what it may have been honking at.

The sounds in the first video posted by the OP and the one I posted, along with others, are all similar enough to me to conclude that they are coming from the same animal species. The sounds are not made by the wind, canines, or birds. Four legged game animals don't make those constant noises, either, and bears are pretty quiet. So....

Edited by TD-40

JenJen of Oldstones

This is a video from California from August that has already been posted here on this forum, but I think it is relevant to this thread. The screams are similar.

Oooh, thanks for posting that! It's new to me and a really awesome recording, especially after the 9:00 minute mark when the guy finally stops talking and moving around all over the place. It's really amazing. The echoes make it sound almost like singing at times.

And you're right, it DOES sound a LOT like the Hockett Meadow yells. But this one was recorded in July, rather than fall, so I'm not sure if the mating display idea still holds up.

Can you post a link to the discussion of this video? I've searched the forums and gone back through the August & July posts and can't find it.