Sign in to follow this  
VAfooter

Two Interesting Series Of Incidents

I remember reading that before. It is scarey as heck. Appalling. I have seen in many of my pics what I think are their nails poking out where hands grasp branches pr feet are seen....but you really only can tell because the light colored nails give it away. the skinny arm and coarse hair make me wonder if it's more dogman that bf....

Talk about goblin universe stuff...you know, I have explored the NABS website and have never seen the page that you linked to...I have somehow missed the "Vanishing BF" link on the main page...

Maybe it vanished then reappeared :P

Thanks for posting, VAFooter

VAfooter

You are welcome.....just trying to enlighten the community! ;)

Not being a paranormalist, I do not know what to make of these reports of the "portals". While multiple reports do not make it so, it does cause one to wonder.....

Coonbo

That "Trap" story is certainly hair raising. And yes, I took a report from an older gentleman who lived near Sunflower, Mississippi, in which he and others had witnessed BF appearing from or disappearing into a shimmering heat-wave like area on multiple occasions over a period of years on an old plantation where they worked. I have also had several people tell me that BF spoke to them telepathically and/or they were able to communicate with BF telepathically.

I even witnessed one incident myself at another location in Mississippi, where a fellow researcher claimed to have been spoken to telepathically after two BF had somehow sneaked right up to us undetected except by my dog, Bo. There were four of us researchers plus Bo. He was the first to realize that the BF were there right at my truck and had tried to get away, but his escape route was cut off by other BF. Two of the researchers then became very frightened and wanted in the truck. When they started to get in the truck, Bo piled in with them.

"KH" and I stayed out of the truck listening and watching, KH out in the edge of a field on the passenger side of the truck and me in the edge of the field on the driver's side of the truck. After a while I had to take a leak and walked around to the far side of a wild plum bush there. As I was finishing my "business" I became aware of someone/something breathing lightly down my neck. I spun around and literally bumped into the chest of a 6 1/2 ft tall booger that had sneaked right up behind me. It growled and took off running to my right, across the field. A split second after that I heard something from KH's direction and I saw him whirl around and make a dash towards the truck, and as he whirled a second booger suddenly appeared from the shadows of a wild cherry tree that KH had been standing near and it made a grab or swing at him as KH ran to the truck.

The folks in the truck had locked the doors and KH nearly ripped the handle off before I could push the button on my remote to unlock them. KH later told me that the booger had screamed at him telepathically to "GET OUT OF HERE!!!" and he did just that.

In 1989, I and a friend "CC" were researching some BF sightings that we had heard about near the Three Rivers Petroglyph site north of Alamogordo, New Mexico. We were a ways east of the Three Rivers Campground and I spotted an unusually green and overgrown area up on the side of a hill and I decided to investigate to see if there was a spring up there. As I crawled through the brush to the suspected spring, which I found, CC stayed positioned where he could see all around the brushy area and see anything that came or went from the area. As I was working my way in from the north, CC saw a female and two juvenile BF come out of the brush on the south side, looking over their shoulders towards me and dropped down into a shallow draw just a little further south.

CC ran up a short distance so that he could see the entire length of the draw. Nothing could get out of there without him seeing it. I didn't know that was going on and about then I found the spring, and hollered at CC that I had found it. CC hollered back that three BF had just come out the other side and for me to come over there right now, so I did. When I came out of the south side of the brush, CC pointed to where the BF had gone. I found a few faint tracks in the dust, and started looking in the draw. Nothing. CC couldn't believe that I couldn't see them. The draw was small and shallow enough that they HAD to be in there. He started working his way up towards me, searching very carefully. CC had nearly two decades experience as a LEO before he went back to school to finish his engineering degree, so he was quite experienced at searching areas. We spent the next hour and a half searching that little draw and always there was one of us in a position that we could see out both ends and up the slopes on both sides of it and we never found any further sign of those BF. We looked hard for any sign of a cave or crevice that would offer a hiding place for the BF and found nothing, and I've been exploring caves most of my life and was a member of the National Speleological Society at that time, so I've got a fair amount of experience searching for and finding concealed cave entrances.

Also, in that same area, we interviewed a cowboy that had spotted a BF walking along a pond dam (or "tank" dam as the locals call them). He was on horseback and spurred his horse towards the BF, which turned and walked over the crest of the dam, towards the pond. When the cowboy, on horseback, crested the end of the dam a few seconds later, expecting to see the BF walking around the pond and up the shallow draw uphill of it, he saw nothing. The terrain there offers no hiding places for several hundred yards, so the cowboy thought maybe the BF was actually IN the pond hiding. He rode around it and there was no place where the water was muddied from something walking into it. He hung out there for another half hour or so to make sure if it was in the pond, he would see it come up for air. Nothing. He told us of others seeing BF in the area that seemingly vanished into thin air. We saw the same cowboy a few months later and he told us that he'd seen what he thought was the same BF two more times, and each time it had disappeared when he tried to get closer.

I'm a flesh-and-blood type of believer also, and I just don't know what to make of these "portal" and "telepathy" types of reports. But I've had to expand my realm of belief to include the dog-man, or long-snouted, or werewolf type of BF, which I now firmly believe exist, so I'm not going to rule out or write off portal and telepathy reports. The more I learn about BF, the more questions I have.

• Upvote 2

To Coonbo:

You, sir, oughta write a book. I will be first in line to buy it. I offer my discreet and confidential professional proofreading/editing services free to you if you write one. (You write well, so that should be an easy job for me!)

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest NevadaGal

Great stories-Thanks! To answer your question I believe I read in NG that polar bears kill for "fun" sometimes rather than for food.

Edited by NevadaGal

Wow, Coonbo, that's intense. If you want to read a great story about portals and what they might be, read "2012" by Whitley Streiber - it'll scare your socks off and give you a whole lot to think about.

You know all those medieval stories of a "witches' house in the woods"? Think of the nursery tales that originated then. Trolls and goblins, eaten children and evil forests. Maybe those stories were those people's explanations for their encounters with European BF before they went extinct. Or, think of Beowulf and the monster Grendel, or Gilgamesh and Enkidu, the wild man. Just a thought.

Edited by madison5716

Thanks VAfooter for turning me on to this thread.  VAfooter asked me to comment I guess on the 2nd story given my ornithology background and specific field work in the Appalachians.

First, I can say that I've done field work very close to the area described, and certainly in some of the same forest types.  I am very much at home in mature hemlock/rhododendron forests in the Appalachians.  I don't know the young man who had these experiences, but there's a very good chance I know the grad student who hired him.  The author/witness has spun a great story - with photos! - and his description of the work he was doing sounds perfectly legit to me.

When doing this kind of remote field work, you need to enter into a very different mindset than you might normally engage (or at least I do).  When you are off by yourself for extended periods of time, you have only yourself and your wits to get by.  Even a simple slip on a rock that might be no big deal with a partner or closer to civilization can become a very serious problem, very quickly.   If you encounter a bear or some other potentially dangerous animal (including humans), it's just you.  At least hunters off by themselves have obvious protection; when I'm in the field I rarely carry anything more imposing than a walking stick.  That added element of potential danger is, of course, also a huge part of what I love about doing field work.  It's like when I was a kid and used to climb trees a lot:  the whole point for me was to get high enough in a tree so that if I fell out from that height there'd be no way for me to survive.  In those moments, my life literally depended on my ability to select the next branch wisely, to balance my weight among all the branches, and to not let go.  It was exhilarating to do that, and I get a similar rush from remote field work.

In that heightened state - especially day after day - one is also prone to feelings of anxiety or danger that may or may not have some real basis.  You're already anxious, if you sense something that makes you uneasy, it takes very little to push you into thoughts of grave danger.  Those can be real (e.g. perhaps you really are being stalked by a predator) or built up from some more mundane experience (e.g., a squirrel in the dry leaves sounds much larger and more menacing for some reason).

I, of course, cannot say what the author experienced. He claims to have experienced some odd things, but there are a lot of odd things out there to experience.  Regarding  . . .

the decapitated baby Wood Thrush - Accipiters often decapitate their avian prey.  Perhaps a Sharp-shinned Hawk was on the Wood Thrush but was scared off the carcass by the investigator.

the disheveled nest - I don't know why the author dismissed raccoon, because that sounds like classic raccoon nest raiding to me.

the big thing that ran off from arms length away in the regenerating clearcut - I didn't read anything in the account to suggest that it wasn't a bear.

the charging thing with the "hoofbeats" - I'd consider bear and feral hog as likely suspects

the "whoops" - I've got no more explanation for those than  for any number of other alleged bigfoot vocals.  I assume them to be coyote, but I really don't know.  It should be safe to assume that this witness was familiar with owls that could make similar sounds.

Sign in to follow this