Bigfoot Research – Still No Evidence, But Plenty Of Excuses To Explain Why There’S No Evidence

From my experience, your job makes no impact on whether you are: A. completely honest, or B. Incapable of misinterpreting input stimuli.

I have played basketball with church pastors who will look you in the eye and tell you they didn't touch a ball just before it went out of bounds, but they did touch it.

I have been in court with police officers who will embellish a story in order to convince a judge that someone is guilty.

Just because someone has a job that you would think requires honesty, does not mean that all people in those jobs perform in that manner.

Good point.

And we should presume that anyone who tells us something we are uncomfortable with is lying. Would sure be a better world.

For a few minutes, until the truth hit home, anyway.

Wait! People lie sometimes? Well I never. Oh wait....that's right... I was raised and educated to judge the credibility of others based on my knowledge and experience, and I have no difficulty doing that on a daily basis. Whew!!! Close call that.....

Edited by WSA

So...we can't rely on witness reports and shouldn't consider them as PROOF without further evidence - simple concept repeated throughout this discussion. The conditions in which the sighting takes place, the veracity of the witness, the ability of the witness, the investigation and the standards followed (or not - MM's lack of ability in this area is documented weekly) all contribute to the continued POSSIBILITY of an undocumented biped existing. Your comfort level with a particular anonymous sighting report(s) has no bearing on what can be proven and is at best the type of behavior which leads to bias and faulty conclusions. When investigators can differentiate real tracks from hoaxes and proponents can distance themselves from anonymous and unsubstantiated sighting reports as PROOF the field may move forward but we have to see if these baby steps are possible for many in the field.

I agree with most of what ohiobill said as well. The use of phrase "real tracks" niggles at my brain a wee bit. You can't really say real tracks when talking about BF. They can be suspected real tracks, but you can't really come right out and say real tracks left by a real sasquatch. They are only real sasquatch tracks if BF indeed does exist. Until that is actually proven, they are only suspected "real tracks" Their realness is conditional on an event that has yet to happen.

I agree with most of what ohiobill said as well. The use of phrase "real tracks" niggles at my brain a wee bit. You can't really say real tracks when talking about BF. They can be suspected real tracks, but you can't really come right out and say real tracks left by a real sasquatch. They are only real sasquatch tracks if BF indeed does exist. Until that is actually proven, they are only suspected "real tracks" Their realness is conditional on an event that has yet to happen.

But you understand that you have just put your self into a self perpetuating gerbil cage with no way out?

Hoaxed tracks led to no where.

Real tracks led to a Squatch.

With no way to discern what is real and what is fake? Then how do we ever prove it's existence?

If ALL tracks are fake? Then why should I even roll out of bed and put my boots on?

Here it is boiled down to brass tacks.........everyone participating in this thread feverishly debating this issue has a place in the back of their mind in which Sasquatch could be real. For some that place is much bigger than others. For some it's not even a question. But I don't think a skeptic who is on this forum on a daily basis can completely snuff out that small place in the back of their head. That's what makes the issue interesting in the first place.

As a pragmatist, I cannot rule out a certain experience in my life, no matter how fanciful. I.........unlike many want to get to the bottom of this. It's not even close enough for me to go out and whoop and bang on trees, take pictures of blobsquatches and say that I'm having a "Bigfoot experience".

The sure fire way to end this mystery is to get on a good set of tracks that do not exhibit fakery and follow them to it's conclusion.

So you have the cart in front of the horse........Bigfoot doesn't lead to real tracks...........real tracks lead to Bigfoot.

With no way to discern what is real and what is fake? Then how do we ever prove it's existence?

A body or a substantial portion thereof.

"The sure fire way to end this mystery is to get on a good set of tracks that do not exhibit fakery and follow them to it's conclusion.

"So you have the cart in front of the horse........Bigfoot doesn't lead to real tracks...........real tracks lead to Bigfoot."

Right.

From the purest, most absolutely anthracite-hard scientific logical stance, what bigfoot skeptics are proposing is illogical on its face.

We cannot pursue evidence until we have proof?

We'd never have gotten into caves, much less out of them, with that way of thinking.

(Should go back and count the number of times I've put that up, this thread alone.)

Hoaxers are incompetent. To say they cloud this issue is to give little credence to the scientific mind.

No hoax has been exposed in this field that wasn't blatant on its face.

Until we run into a competent hoaxer - hint: don't bet that - we know what real bigfoot tracks look like. Meldrum has told us.

@WSA, By all means, I really wish Footers would pursue evidence until proof. They just haven't done that yet.

@Norse, your "real" tracks haven't lead to a squatch yet, have they? When they do, let's talk.

@WSA, By all means, I really wish Footers would pursue evidence until proof. They just haven't done that yet.

@Norse, your "real" tracks haven't lead to a squatch yet, have they? When they do, let's talk.

I've only seen the one set as a boy with my father..........that I think were probably real.

Never seen another set again in my life.

I've seen some pretty compelling video and photos, but without actually being there? I cannot say for sure.

But you can see the problem with your position correct? When your ready to talk? There will be nothing left to talk about.

Real tracks lead to Bigfoot . But , WOW , I've never found any I could have kept up with .

Lamborghinis outrun cop cars..........

But they don't outrun radio frequencies and road blocks.

Lamborghinis outrun cop cars..........But they don't outrun radio frequencies and road blocks.

Nor do they outrun TV news copters.

Frozen with fear is a laymen's explanation for sleep paralysis. Any sighting where the person claims they were 'zapped by infrasound and collapsed', that is a clear indication of catalplexy, one basic symptom of Narcolepsy.

LOL, this was funny. Yep, sitting in my van with cup of coffee in hand and my binoculars strained to see into the dark forest, with my heart going a thousand miles a minute... and I fell asleep in fear??? Sorry, that's the most unlikely explanation for the incident that I've ever heard. And it's never happened to me anywhere else or any time else. Nope, doesn't pass the sniff test for my experience.

Edited by madison5716