Bff - Uk Meet

BobbyO

SSR Team

Could be possibly doable now, maybe, i don't know.

Any takers ? :)

Guest brucescotland

id certainly be interested, why dont you havit in the Highlands and takein loch ness at the same time!!??

SSR Team

Big difference Brucie my old china, a Sasquatch is is a Sasquatch whilst Nessie is just an Elephant's trunk..;)

I guess location will kill us for this thinking about it, even on our little Island..

I propose we assemble a list of us UK BF'ers, with location provided. We can then choose somewhere roughly in the middle. I think if it's within 1.5 hours of home, a good number of people might be prepared to make the effort.

I'm guessing Oxfordshire or the Midlands could be a likely location. We would have to find a suitably named pub, maybe something like the Hair and Hound, or the Forester's Arms (sorry - I'll get my coat).

#1 Corvus Horribilus - Bristol

SSR Team

I've got a pub near me in London called " The Plates of Meat " ( google cockney rhyming slang if unsure of meaning ), surely that's our base ?? :D

Guest Strick

It's a good idea, we'll have to be quick, I'm emigrating to Australia/Tasmania in October.

I would prefer to do it in London, but realise this isn't convenient for everyone.

Any more ideas?

Guest brucescotland

Big difference Brucie my old china, a Sasquatch is is a Sasquatch whilst Nessie is just an Elephant's trunk.. ;)

Ha ha- Harsh! you forget "floating log" "old treestump" etc etc....

but funnily enough i was down there last week and who did i run into.........Jeremy wade from river monsters....

post-1831-0-52653000-1345816810.jpg

SSR Team

I'm a massive fan of him, what was he doing there Bruce do you know ?

I used to fish for the Giant Snakeheads in Thailand that was one of the episodes, serious Fish those are..

Nessie? Sasquatch? They're both as real as each other, just check out my pic :)

Haha in all seriousness, Nessie is a myth in my mind, and Sasquatch isn't. C'mon, I'm Scottish, I'm allowed to make fun out of the whole Nessie thing :)

Guest brucescotland

I'm a massive fan of him, what was he doing there Bruce do you know ?

Thats just it Bobby, i dont know, nobody would say, but the film crew were there also....

At least he normally nails what hes out to get and theres some sort of result, unlike monster quest and such like....

Funnily enough i do a lot of fishing around loch ness and have the loch myself many times...for pike... and trust me theres 50+ lb'rs there to be caught, and i do know of one guy who swore he got the snout of a 4-5ft sturgeon out of the water once.

If it was anywhere in Scotland I might have considered it, but since I'm fairly new to this whole thing and since I'm skint I don't think I could stretch to a trip to England or whatever at the minute. In saying that, I hope you all thoroughly enjoy it wherever you eventually meet :)

It's not like these events can't happen more than once with an altering venue or anything haha.

SSR Team

Funnily enough i do a lot of fishing around loch ness and have the loch myself many times...for pike... and trust me theres 50+ lb'rs there to be caught, and i do know of one guy who swore he got the snout of a 4-5ft sturgeon out of the water once.

I'll be Piking this Winter too Bruce..

We've got some decent local waters down here but if things go well, i'll sneak up for a weekend and buy you a Beer too..;)

Ive done from the east to west coast down through Loch Ness and neptunes stair case when i use to work for a shipping company in the Orkneys,it was a fantastic experience.

Funny tho ive never thought about pike in the Loch,i dont know why?.

Im hoping next year to get up north more camping,unless with the mrs then it will be BnBs lol.

Guest brucescotland

I'll be Piking this Winter too Bruce..

We've got some decent local waters down here but if things go well, i'll sneak up for a weekend and buy you a Beer too.. ;)

The Highlands up as far as roughly ullapool have a dam good head of pike, pic below was my biggest caught at duntelchaig what actually runs into loch ness.....awful pic cause my hand was bleeding badly and it was so slimy i couldnt grip. .

Scoobiestkn- ive caught them...admittedly no great size though.. and infact the canal, Oich and lochy chocka with them also.... Ive even seen a guy shoot them at Fort Augustus in the shallows with an air rifle!!! ha

post-1831-0-20421100-1345980418_thumb.jp