Bff - Uk Meet

BobbyO

I'm not sure how well Basking Sharks or Thresher Sharks do in fresh water but some sharks, Bull Sharks for example, tolerate it very well and even thrive. In South Africa Bull Sharks are found many miles inland in the Breede River in South Africa.

Nobody said the sharks survive very long in Loch Ness, hence the scarcity of monster sightings.

Sounds good I am in Kent but dont mind travelling. Sorry this its my first post I only joined yesterday ;) cheers!

Edited by grifta

I'm not sure how well Basking Sharks or Thresher Sharks do in fresh water but some sharks, Bull Sharks for example, tolerate it very well and even thrive. In South Africa Bull Sharks are found many miles inland in the Breede River in South Africa.

Nobody said the sharks survive very long in Loch Ness, hence the scarcity of monster sightings.

Yes a lot of sharks are found waaaaay up river (even great whites have been known to). There was a recent (I think) video of a few bull sharks doing quite well in a golf course lake after a flood (You'd take a drop tho' yeah? Rather than play it where it lies :no: )

I'll just wait until the BFF annual squatch conference has travelled from London, to Manchester, to Birmingham etc, before it finally comes up north (either that or until I'm not really skint) :)

Guest brucescotland

I'll just wait until the BFF annual squatch conference has travelled from London, to Manchester, to Birmingham etc, before it finally comes up north (either that or until I'm not really skint) :)

Ha- looks like me and you mate as the scottish contingent!! sure we can have our own wee conference in Perth or sumthing! ha

• 1 month later...

Hi all, im the newbie on the block but FYI I would be very much up for a meet up. How about we do it in regions to begin with to make it easier for travel? I'm in the north east if anyone else is near?

#1 Bruce, you get a +1 for your post with you holding that fish... not for the fish, but because you're wearing a NY Yankee's hat !

#2 I just noticed this thread, because Kezra "bumped" it. Welcome to the BFF Kezra, its great to see another county heard from, from our friends "over there".

I dont know about meeting in the UK, but if any of you fine folks ever find yourself across the pond, and near the NYC/Hudson Valley area, I'd sure get a kick out of meeting up for a pint or three....

I've often wondered about proposing the same kind of idea here in the States, but the somewhat ridiculous distances involved between most members, makes it seem nearly impossible to realize.

If and when you do (UK meet up), be sure to take some pictures and share with us here !

-Art-

Suggest Midlands also - I'm Bristol-based but happy to travel 1.5 hrs for an evening get-together. Any more than that and it will just have to be regional get-togethers as I can't see many doing a long round trip after work.

I suspect the majority of the UK contingent are London-based.

Maybe we should do it in regions first, meet up in smaller groups get it off the ground and then come together for a big UK meet thereafter...? Otherwise we could just go round in circles like a meeting of the Peoples Front of Judea; forever talking about it but never actually doing it.

Going to try and get a north east meet happening soon but anyone from other regions is welc9me to come if they would like. What about folk north of the border? Could you make it to Newcastle say?

Edited by kezra