Sign in to follow this  

Greg Long's Book Under The Microscope

I read Greg Long's book The Making of Bigfoot: the Inside Story a few years ago. Although I was glad to see some previously unpublished photos of Patterson and read about him as a man, I was completely unimpressed with Long's "analysis" of the film itself. (One glaring error is his statement on p.381 that "frame #323 shows Patty's LEFT foot. Wrong, Long!) If he was that careless about the film, then how could anyone have confidence in the accuracy and truthfulness of the rest of his book? For one thing, the public should have access to the actual tape recordings of his interviews. This topic is intended to put Long's opus under the microscope--line by line, sentence by sentence, and paragraph by paragraph. Let's hold him accountable for every $#@% word, as Rene would say!

OntarioSquatch

He believed the PGF was faked and that he just needed to find out how. Basically he became drowned in BobH's claims... :maninlove:

roguefooter

Long flushed all validity of his book down the toilet when he coaxed Heironimus into changing his story to meeting the guys at Weitchpec instead of Willow Creek. Bob's original story wouldn't have worked so Long had it changed. It puts everything in his book into question.

OntarioSquatch

Sounds like he lowered himself to BobH's level :lol:

One point to discuss is how Patterson's character is painted in Long's book and how that is relevant to the theory that Patterson masterminded the hoax of the century. One example among many others: on p.73 Long asserts, "Roger didn't want anyone to tell him what to do..."; he had his own ideas about how things should be done. If that's the case, then why did Patterson, according to Long, ask Philip Morris how to improve his gorilla costume?

xspider1

Good topic. The Intro to MoBF made me queasy so, I didn't think I could read any more of it. When GL started reading the 'little man's' mind, I was done with it. It's interesting to consider the various issues that apparently exist with every attempt to debunk this film.

• Upvote 1

I completely agree xspider..I read that screw ball intro and was completely turned off. I could not take it seriously.

Thepattywagon

I only read it because I was able to check it out from the local library.

My overall impression is that Long had an agenda going in, which was to assassinate Roger's character and by extension, the film itself.

• Upvote 1

roguefooter

To be fair I'd say that Greg Long's demeanor isn't exclusive to just him. It seems to be a common agenda.

BFSleuth

My impression is that Greg Long may have succumbed to "journalistic pareidolia".

Guest Primate

I kept wondering "why does he hate Roger so much?"

Guest Kerchak

Maybe Roger took his bigfoot doll off him when he was a kid?

DWA

Good topic. The Intro to MoBF made me queasy so, I didn't think I could read any more of it. When GL started reading the 'little man's' mind, I was done with it. It's interesting to consider the various issues that apparently exist with every attempt to debunk this film.

Me too.  I picked up the book in a store; read that; and thought, oh, I don't think so.

When you are calling somebody a 'little man' in your intro, you just pitched your integrity - and my  curiosity - out the window.

Am I the only person - got this really strong hit reading that intro - that thinks that Long's main motivation in writing that book was jealousy?

Drew

I think if the things he wrote were false, he would have been sued.

DWA

You gotta pay lawyers, and Patterson's family isn't rich.

It was libel.  I don't actually know whether they sued or not.  Maybe they didn't care about Long.  Maybe the world doesn't have enough money for all the people they'd like to sue.

Says nothing - less than nothing - about the film.

Bob Hieronymous's claims are among the silliest stuff in this field.

I should add that when you Google Greg Long and don't include 'bigfoot,' he doesn't show up any too soon.  Maybe an indication of how little is there to be won.

Edited by DWA
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this