Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Identifying Things From Rp's Footage

parnassus

Paranassus:

"So I wondered if they had the K100 and the ?Bolex from the TV station along with them. "

A bolex is a likely candidate and one camera type I plan to test for, to see if the apertures match. But as i noted sometime earlier to Kitakaze, a TV station then likely used an Auricon sound on film camera so they could do interviews and have a synced sound track as soon as the film was processed. I doubt they'd lend Roger an Auricon, as it was more expensive than a Bolex, and there's no indication of an optical or mag stripe on the filmprinted through to the film copy, so I'm pretty sure Roger's material wasn't filmed with an Auricon.

Anyways, that still needs to be cleared up, once I can get to a vintage camera shop and check out some of the cameras of the era.

All we can say conclusively is that for the VW Bus footage, Roger had a camera that was not a K-100, and it had a zoom lens on it.

Bill

Ray Wallace had an Auricon, (he was a wealthy man) and Patterson asked to borrow it when he visited Wallace the first time in Toledo, a year or two earlier. Wallace told him not unless he left a $10,000 deposit. I wonder whatever happened to all of Wallace's footage.

Guest nycBig

I heard once that the rights to his life story was bought by a film producer. Maybe it will be shown as part of a film?

Edited by nycBig

BigfootBookman

I just showed all of these old Patterson photos to Al Hodgson, of Willow Creek, who was here visiting in Bigfoot Books just now. Al was definitely there, back in the days. He cannot identify that store, nor any of the other photos provided.

He said vaguely that the store/saloon/restaurant could have been in Orleans, however, and he is going to dig up a phone number of an old-timer up there who might know.

Just FYI.

Best,

Steve

Bigfoot's bLog

http://bigfootbooksblog.blogspot.com/

post-37-040171100 1286317369_thumb.jpg

Al Hodgson at Home, February, 2010