Operation Persistence

Yes, Mulder..this is a follow up to Operation Endurance. And yes, they took a shot at one last year and did not obtain a specimen.

Thanks! Didn't they get a suspect blood sample off of a rock that was tested? Did they ever get the results back?

Just to be clear, so far they have not claimed to have photographic evidence. The photos in question are all the trail cam data that has not been sorted through yet. Brian Brown mentions this on the podcast.

No, we do not have any photos that we know of. There is still much data to be reviewed, though.

The annoying thing is that I wonder if they will release a photo if they have one. They know the skepticism is so high that releasing even a pretty good photo would be dismissed by most as a hoax.

I expect that if we do get a photo it will eventualy be released, but only if it's clear and can add to the knowledge base on these animals. We're not interested in producing yet more internet fodder to be chewed over forever. The recently released Oklahoma Prairie photos on our website, for example, which I think are some of the best ever taken were roundly criticized by people on Facebook who obviously knew nothing about thier background and provenance. I was having arguments about whether or not there were still green leaves on trees in OK at that time of year *in that year*, for pete's sake. We do want to share and only withhold information when it's strategically necessary, but it can also be very disheartening.

This just does not bode well for future relations. If Sasquatch are as intelligent as some say and they realize that the stakes have gone higher and more are out to kill them than before, I wonder what the impact will be. Well, I realize this has been said before...nothing to do now, just see how it all bears out.

It's an interesting question, but so far, we have not noticed any change in their behavior because of our past actions. In fact, it's only increased.

Do you guys have any evidence of them using language?

No, though we have heard, on occasion, "Samurai chatter" not unlike the Sierra Sounds. I'm not an expert in such things, but to many of us, it sounds more like an attempt to immitate our speech than speech of their own.

Didn't they get a suspect blood sample off of a rock that was tested? Did they ever get the results back?

There were rocks collected last year with blood on them that we presume came from the animal shot during the Echo Incident, but we have nothing to report at this time regarding those samples. They are in the hands of a capable lab unaffiliated with Melba Ketchum and are being tested.

Do you feel that other groups may have been successful in documenting this creature or taking a specimen, but have not yet released the info?

It's possible, I suppose, but it seems like that kind of news would be difficult to keep quiet for too long. The TBRC doesn't think X is unique. In fact, finding out what's so special about that location and what keeps the apes there is part of our mission in the area. Assuming there are more X's out there, it's also logical to assume others have found them and perhaps even had an opportunity to document the species.

Bipto, are you coming out and saying that you are 100% sure there is an unclassified species of apes in the Ouachita Uplift area of Ark/Oklahoma?

Just listened to the BF Show podcast- awesome!

We've heard whoops, whistles, Ohio howls, growls of various kinds, and other kinds of vocalizations that are difficult to categorize. It's a crazy place.

You always have the most thoughtful posts...

Everyone should read "In the Shadow of Man" by Jane Goodall. Those chimps recognized camera lenses and were disturbed by them...but not by glass bottles stuck in the same holes. Animals are amazing creatures and it's in our nature to want to ascribe human aspects to them. We simply can't help it and I do it all the time with my dogs...

Thanks (I hope)...

I really do try to be thoughtful (most of the time) and humble as a non-witness and an "armchair footer." We should all be thoughtful of the fact that so many people on the forums have devoted years of their lives to honest research, and those of us whom have not should be intellectually honest enough to defer to the experience of others (always keeping a reasonable amount of skepticism, of course). I love that the forums gives us "cybersquatchers" the ability to ask honest questions to folks whom have been involved in boots on the ground systematic research. One thing that I liked about the TBRC in ep. 39 of the Bigfoot Show was the constant use of the word "data," and the approach by the TBRC in looking at all aspects of experiences on site as sources of data. I do try to stay away from anthropomorphism in all of its forms when approaching honest inquiry, and as I have mentioned, my stance on BF (more human-like than ape-like) stems from a notion that only something of semi-human intelligence could have eluded scientific discovery for this long in North America (that, and possible language usage). Thank you, Hairy and Bip, for throwing out a few bones - I will certainly try to give Goodall's book a read (I am embarrassed to say that I have never read a significant work by her), and research some of the primate behavior to which Bip alluded (I have just enough background in the biological sciences to be dangerous, but like I said, not in the areas of primatology or physical anthropology).

Given that TBRC believes they are dealing with apes, why not set up large mirrors throughout location x, located strategically near trail cams?

So does the TBRC have people drop by Area X periodically throughout the year, or do they give it some time off? It just seems like you guys are so close to having some type of crazy breakthrough. I know it's easier said than done, but man someone has to out there as much as possible.

Thanks (I hope)...

I really do try to be thoughtful (most of the time) and humble as a non-witness and an "armchair footer." We should all be thoughtful of the fact that so many people on the forums have devoted years of their lives to honest research, and those of us whom have not should be intellectually honest enough to defer to the experience of others (always keeping a reasonable amount of skepticism, of course). I love that the forums gives us "cybersquatchers" the ability to ask honest questions to folks whom have been involved in boots on the ground systematic research. One thing that I liked about the TBRC in ep. 39 of the Bigfoot Show was the constant use of the word "data," and the approach by the TBRC in looking at all aspects of experiences on site as sources of data. I do try to stay away from anthropomorphism in all of its forms when approaching honest inquiry, and as I have mentioned, my stance on BF (more human-like than ape-like) stems from a notion that only something of semi-human intelligence could have eluded scientific discovery for this long in North America (that, and possible language usage). Thank you, Hairy and Bip, for throwing out a few bones - I will certainly try to give Goodall's book a read (I am embarrassed to say that I have never read a significant work by her), and research some of the primate behavior to which Bip alluded (I have just enough background in the biological sciences to be dangerous, but like I said, not in the areas of primatology or physical anthropology).

Like I said, very thoughtful posts...

Anthropomorphism...it is our biggest obstacle. Wood apes are not our friends....they aren't talking in someones head. At any time they could have zapped us or talked to us in our heads that we were horrible. It didn't happen. We have to get out of this Forest Friends crap because it's going to get someone killed.