Operation Persistence

Guest Strick

Bipto, I have another brilliant suggestion.

Did you ever consider going down there by yourself, taking all the doors and windows off the cabin, placing a bowl of bananas at the end of each bunk, stripping down, rubbing yourself over with bacon grease, strapping a GO-CAM to your head, donning an enormous diaper and placing an audio device running a loop tape of a baby crying inside the diaper and just chillin' back to see what happens? :yahoo:

Just tryin' to be "helpful" ! :pleasantry:

Edited by Strick

Well I have to say I'm flabbergasted by this. I've looked on the TBRC website and listened to the latest podcast. Please tell me this isn't a gigantic hoax!!

Why kill one though if you know they are there? It seems a terrible waste of life. Does the wider public really need proof?

And I am now totally reevaluating what I thought these things possibly were!

But great work.

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Dopelyrics, I agree: why kill one, when we don't even approve the killing of orangutans, gorillas or chimps? I consider myself 'the general public'. I live in Western Europe where I have absolutely zero chance of ever seeing a Sasquatch, nor do I have the chance to go 'squatching'.

I'd love to see one for real, but if it means having to kill a Sasquatch to satisfy my curiosity, I'd rather live the rest of my life not knowing what they look like.

Didi68 - I am from England so it's unlikely I'll ever get to see one in the flesh, so to speak. A decent film or photo will do for me!

I really must applaud the work of the TBRC so far though. I have just listened to their latest podcast and to say I was amazed would be an understatement. If it's not all a hoax! Which I'm sure it isn't. These guys seem genuine and know what they are talking about. I think they want to kill one to prove their existence and therefore get protection for them. I can't help feeling they've done OK on their own so far, though.

Have a listen to the podcast if you haven't already.

Best regards,

Lee

Guest Strick

Lee,

I also live in England. It doesn't automatically preclude you from seeing a Bigfoot, just ask BobbyO or Shaun. I have spent many, many weeks camping in prime Bigfoot country on the long distance hiking trails in the USA and reckoned my chances were better than most. Don't forget that just because you live in Bigfoot country, it doesn't necessarily mean you are putting yourself out there. So don't put yourself down and if you want to go looking for Bigfoot, just do it, or even better just avail yourself of the opportunity to travel in Bigfoot country and go hopefully. :)

I agree with you on Brian's podcasts. You should also check out the Bipcast called Area X that he did in 2007/2008. The tone is very different from the recent ones, much less enthusiastic as the activity levels the TBRC were experiencing were of a different magnitude. For me, this speaks to the integrity of the group as, if they were a bunch of hoaxers, they would have revealed their hand years rather than patiently staking out the same area for years waiting for evidence to accumulate and activity levels to rise.

Hi Strick - well I'm off to NYC in December for 5 days but not sure if I'll see one there!

Maybe one day I can get to Oklahoma - that seems where the action is.

I had never listened to any podcast before, and I'm listening to my second one now. I'll be sure to check out the Area X one, too. Thanks for the tip.

Best,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Well I have to say I'm flabbergasted by this. I've looked on the TBRC website and listened to the latest podcast. Please tell me this isn't a gigantic hoax!!

It isn't.

Why kill one though if you know they are there? It seems a terrible waste of life. Does the wider public really need proof?

http://texasbigfoot....ews/48-news/221

But great work.

Thanks.

Bipto, do you carry a weapon at the location?

I carry a Sig Saur P226 .40 S&W sidearm, though it's not for baggin' monkeys as much as it is for providing a measure of protection against the other critters in the woods.

Did the Strains bring weapons?

My good friend Bob Strain has a veritable arsenal at his disposal.

How is the firepower allocated?

Everyone is responsible for their own protection. Almost everyone is carrying a sidearm for that purpose.

I'd love to see one for real, but if it means having to kill a Sasquatch to satisfy my curiosity, I'd rather live the rest of my life not knowing what they look like.

It's not about curiosity. It's about being able to ensure they and their habitat are protected.

Edited by bipto

Hi Bipto - thanks.

I've been on the TBRC website for the last 2 hours whilst listening to the podcasts, and I have just read the article. I understand where you are coming from.

My thinking is why do they need protection, as they seem to be doing very well by themselves, and have been for perhaps thousands of years. I think that being a mythical creature is a huge advantage to them. But then again if their habitat is under threat then protection would be a good thing.

Best,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

Bipto, thank you for your explanation, but from listening to the second podcast I was left with a different impression. It was said that (from the top of my head) "Bigfoot belongs in the spotlight for the world to see", and that members of the group where sick of being ridiculed by the outside world for believing in BF. I got the impression you wanted to shoot one to let the outside world "eat crow".

For what it's worth: I do think everyone has the right to their own opinion. I think I understand where you're coming from (I've read the TBRC site before), I just have a different opinion.

Anyway: good luck with your future investigation.

Bipto - What are your thoughts on folks that feel there are several different types of creatures?

What you describe is not what others have described as seeing.

Thoughts?