Operation Persistence

If any of you reading this thread have not listened to Brian Browns Bigfoot Show and BIPCast programs, they are absolutely fantastic. Nothing else in the Podcast world comes even close to being as interesting and entertaining.

The Bigfoot Show features a rotating cast of recurring co-hosts, and some great guests. Brian Brown has a background in media relations (if I am not mistaken), and is an intelligent, articulate, quick-witted, and well spoken host with just my brand of wry sense of humor. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in the Bigfoot phenomenon, who also has a rather skeptical, analytical nature and healthy sense of humor.

The BIPCast (Bigfoot Information Project podcast) is a series of six programs of a slightly more serious slant. The programs feature some truly interesting guests (The Alton Higgins episode is one of my favorites) and delves into a bit more of the "academia" consensus of the phenomenon, and highlights some of the the truly impressive body of evidence gathered by TBRC members.

I downloaded all of the programs to my Ipod, and I listen to them as I travel for work. I'm in agony now, impatiently waiting for another episode of the Bigfoot Show.

Edited by Irish73

Thanks, Irish, your five bucks is in the mail.

Will Operation Persistence continue until a specimen is captured?

Each year's long-term operation get's a different name. Last year was Endurance, this year was Persistence, next year will be Relentless. Persistence lasted three months and is now over, but small groups are still in and out of the area as our schedules permit.

You mentioned Bob Strain sticking his head into a bush and startling a creature.

Was Bob armed at that time?

Yes, he was.

Bipto, do you think the 'blaze orange' compromises your ability to get closer to these creatures? Or is it always a case of "they find you"?

No, we have found them, so to speak, on occasion. It may be the case that the blaze orange keeps us from encountering them as often, but as I said, safety is a high priority.

Also, I think you mentioned that the cabins were probably used by hunters. If so, do you think the BF vacate the area during hunting season, or is this place so remote that it is infrequently visited by folks other than your group?

We probably would have said they vacate, but now I'm not so sure. One of the earliest reports out of the area was from a hunter, though, so perhaps not.

You can take the most stealthy leopard or tiger or whatever, eventually a hunter would corner that animal. Eventually one would be on a game or trail cam or stuffed and mounted. If they were just another animal we would have documentation of them LONG AGO.

We do, the PG film, Okie photos from TBRC, Freeman footage...

Have you gotten them acclimated to taking any sort of food or treats from you?

No, we haven't even tried to be honest.

...did you guys capture any video or stills ?

Not as far as we know. Still going through data, though.

Are there any groups similar to TBRC in the Alabama area?

Well, I'm in the TBRC and I live in Minnesota! Otherwise, yes, there are groups, but I honestly don't know enough about them to be able to make a recommendation. Google should be your friend in this case.

We do, the PG film, Okie photos from TBRC, Freeman footage...

I thought the same thing. These animals are hardly secret. Thousands of people have encountered them.

Fact is, they're *not* like any other animal. They're very clever primates. We have literally no analogs on this contient to compare them to.

Started out with the emotional no-kill policy. That quickly came to an end.

Currently inclined to the one-kill policy, because I sincerely believe that is the only way to prove its existence, force legislation to recognize and protect it, as well as to exonerate those who have been ridiculed for simply having been a witness to one.

You know how many times that I have actually thought about this same thing issue? A lot. I have been sitting in my tree stand or my ground stand and really thought about putting an arrow though one of them. Only one thing stops me and it scares the heck out of me ,truely scares the heck out of me. It's when you start to hear these knocks from different directions and you know that this animal is not alone and all you have is a bow. Even though you know that the bow is silent you are not really alone and if it goes down you will not know from what direction the attack will come from.

Believe me I know that these creatures do not travel alone and if they do you can be sure that there will not be one not that far away. Protection they really do not need since they have done so well all these years. The only protection that I can think of would be the humans foolishly enough willing to hunt them. Once proven there should be legislation for people who are dumb enough to go after them on their turf. Fines should be given to them ,to let them know that these fines were given to save their lives . Now this is just my opinion .

If video has been taken already and a body or a part of a body is in a study then all that is now left is the behavior of the creature in it own natural state. No more talk of killing or anything else of that. It should be all about on how these creatures behave in the wild. Their true nature,their habitat, what they eat , when they mate and when they have their offsprings. It should all be along these lines. We have some idea if they do communicate but not the how's or whys . Consumption of food is something we should be looking for as well.

Keep hearing about who has video or who knows more. Who cares. Operation Persistance should be used as a platform for study to help other to gain knowledge and improve our data base on how to interact with these animals or creatures. Again my own opinion but this should be science.to gain knowledge and widen a data base interaction with these creatures on a regular basis

Edited by julio126
  • Upvote 1

Operation Persistance should be used as a platform for study to help other to gain knowledge and improve our data base on how to interact with these animals or creatures. Again my own opinion but this should be science.to gain knowledge and widen a data base interaction with these creatures on a regular basis

I think you described it very well.

Thanks, Irish, your five bucks is in the mail.

I was responding to someone on the first page of the thread that mentioned they were not aware of the podcast. I didn't realize the thread was already five pages long when I posted. I don't know Brian Brown or any of the folks involved. I was just giving my completely unsolicited opinion. Seriously.

I don't know Brian Brown or any of the folks involved. I was just giving my completely unsolicited opinion. Seriously.

*I'm* Brian Brown! And seriously, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Ohhhh. I seriously need to catch up on some sleep!

Duh! it actually says something about the Bigfoot Show in your signature, and your screen name is BIPto.....

How is it that you only have 231 posts?

As someone who had a probable encounter as a kid, the last few shows have really peaked my interest. Thanks.

Having read this entire thread now, I find myself somewhat puzzled by the manners of some of the participants.

There are members in this discussion who have asked specific questions about Bipto's opinion on a particular subject, and when the answer doesn't coincide with their own assumptions or opinions on the subject matter, they attempt to debate the matter.

If you want his opinion, or you are curious as to his observations, awesome. If you don't like the answers, I have a suggestion for you.....

Re-organize your life to allow a massive investment of time, money, and other resources. Form a non-profit organization. Recruit dozens of members with wide ranging skillsets from pertinent scientific expertise, to fieldcraft and tracking, responsible proficient firearms handling, to audio recording and photography, etc. Make sure they are mentally and physically fit to tackle the task at hand. Organize them into teams. Find a suitable location to do some research. Get permission and clear any legal hurdles to doing research there. Spend months acquiring funding and planning all of the minutia necessary to accomplish a task that is logistically equivalent to a military recon operation. Travel to a far off, very remote location. Execute the operation. Live in primative, uncomfortable conditions for days or weeks. Try to cope with the psychological, emotional, and physical hardships involved. Deal with all of the last minute things that go wrong including inclement weather, gear failures, personnel injuries, and team members unable to fulfill their obligations. Complete the operation. Debrief all of the individuals from the various teams. Assemble and collate the data gathered. Analyze that data. Then begin doing this all over again.

Let's not forget that all of this was done to prove something that mainstream science says can not possibly exist, while outsiders think you are crazy, wierd, or stupid for even considering participating in such an activity

Then come here and freely share the fruits of your extremely hard work and efforts, so people can argue with you after they ask for YOUR opinions and observations.

How does that sound?

Edited by Irish73

BFF Patron

Sounds like PR, what else is it supposed to sound like coming from the PR director of the organization and associates?

It's a lot of work though, granted. TBRC is not alone in their hard work in the field though, so cut us a break.

Sharing what they can is a nice touch though. If you ask questions and then want to usurp the thread to voice your philosophy (as some do not agree with the TBRC approach) I agree it might best be left to open an existing or new thread for sure.

SSR Team

Edited.

Edited by BobbyO

Having read this entire thread now, I find myself somewhat puzzled by the manners of some of the participants.

There are members in this discussion who have asked specific questions about Bipto's opinion on a particular subject, and when the answer doesn't coincide with their own assumptions or opinions on the subject matter, they attempt to debate the matter.

If you want his opinion, or you are curious as to his observations, awesome. If you don't like the answers, I have a suggestion for you.....

How does that sound?

It sounds like an Internet forum to be. This is not the TBRC Appreciation Society and was not never intended to be so.

I'm not sure if, during your tireless research, you discovered that Bipto actually created the Bigfoot Forums about 10 years ago or thereabouts?

If you had you would have found out that this forum was created as a broad church where both believers and skeptics are welcome to express their opinions, as long as they did they so in a civil and respectful manner. Bipto himself is a tireless critic of poor evidence and dubious claims and so he should be in this field that is riddled with charlatans and hucksters who will pull just about any scam as long as it gets them their 15 minutes, or a minor personality cult. If that kind of think floats your boat I suggest you try Mr Moneymaker's BFRO Forum - but make sure you don't mention the Sierra Kills until Matt says it's OK to do so.

The fact that Bipto has been such a firm judge of others in the past is the main reason I am so interested in what he now has to say about Area X today. I know he isn't a hoaxer or a scum-bag and I know that the TBRC is not an organisation given to hyperbole or exaggerated claims. Anyone who has sat through their scintillating video of the Raccoon in front of the trail cam a few years ago can tell you that. But these are new times, new claims from an individual and an organisation that have built up their credentials slowly, over time, and by dotting their 'i's' and crossing 't's' - you know the boring stuff.

You have to realise that this thread skirts around the whole kill/no kill debate, which is the most controversial in Bigfooting. People have been very respectful in their questioning so far. It isn't always like that and it wasn't like that the last time.

Brian and the TBRC did not achieve the level of respect they have today from crying off from a few searching questions and a little bawdy humour.

Edited by Strick