Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Guest Kane2002

Guest Kane2002

Humm, SC right? What's the river and how far up it are you? Being a Yankee I do not have any experience with gators. However those prints would discourage me from taking a moonlite dip for sure. Can you judge the size of the critter by the distance between the footprints? Now wasn't your hunt worth it? My son lives in Albrmarle NC. I get back there every spring. Maybe we will swing down for a look-see. Next scheduled trip is this April. Good luck with the Sasquatch search.

LOLOL Kane, I hunt all the time. I spend a lot of time on the river banks, especially now when the weather is warming up. I believe that was a small gator, maybe 3-4 feet long if you judge by the feet. I've seen them about 6 feet long in the river, but not much bigger. I don't swim in the river because of the water moccasins and gators.

I live on the edge of Columbia, SC. If you are coming to NC and like kayaking you can put in not far from the NC border, drift down the Broad River, and never see another living soul until you reach the I-20 bridge just before you get to the dam. The beach where the gator prints were found is just below that dam. I guesstimate it's about 80 miles from the NC border to my area, maybe longer if you take in to account the twists and turns the river makes on the way down through the national parks and forests. If you decide to kayak the Broad River in to SC you will pass through York, Chester, and Fairfield Counties which are known areas for historical bigfoot sightings and other reported bigfoot activity. You can put into the river at several different points between here and the NC border if you don't want to do such a big trip. April is a great time to come because it won't be so hot. The gators won't bother you in a kayak. I haven't heard of any mutant gator sightings along the river. :lol:

Edited by Jodie

Just little ones, they couldn't do anything but bite a full grown human but they might get your dog. I watched a baby one stalk a Heron once. The river water is really warm as opposed to the two other rivers that form a confluence about 1-2 miles south of me. One of those rivers is the Congaree that leads to the Congaree Swamp. They swim up through there from the swamp and into the Broad River. As far as I know, the dam stops them, I haven't heard anyone say they are sighted north of me.

Guest Kane2002

Wow Jodie, sounds like you are in a great place. While you are looking for tracks on the river banks and sand bars, keep your eyes open for arrowheads, etc also. I have a nice collection that I have gathered mostly along fresh water streams and old camp sites. There is not much that beats time in the woods for a good day!

Wow Jodie, sounds like you are in a great place. While you are looking for tracks on the river banks and sand bars, keep your eyes open for arrowheads, etc also. I have a nice collection that I have gathered mostly along fresh water streams and old camp sites. There is not much that beats time in the woods for a good day!

Will do, this area used to be a huge Indian village before the white man moved in.

Guest Kane2002

Well my three days are up. I could not find a trace of sasquatch. I did get some pictures of other creature tracks which I will try to post in the near future. I guess no one else found any sign either. So where are all the sasquatch?