Is It Really A Million Dollar Discovery?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Back in the old west, you shoot a squatch, you keep it! You want a squatch from someone else, you steal it! You have a problem, too bad!

lol........hx9aph.gif

I've said this for years, but no. There isn't any money in it. The person that "discovers" bigfoot isn't any more likely to find one again tomorrow or the next day or in the next month or year or decade. If someone finds one and get the body to science it'll be the guy that isn't remembered. It won't be the researcher of the year. They won't be on the cover of Time magazine. They aren't going to then be the greatest scientist of the century. They won't be a huge Donald Johanson scientist. They'll be a guy that find some things he can't explain. He won't know any more about BF than you or I. He won't know their habitat, their diet, their cycles or anything else. He'll make enough to buy a nice cup of coffee at the fancy pants coffee house and then the real scientists will do the real work. There is no book deal for the guy that says he smelled something funny while he climbed into his tree stand and saw what he thought was a bear someone shot out of season. He won't be able to say he knew right away because he's a master of Squatch-science. He'll be the guy that saw a balled up thing he wasn't sure about and called 911. I have yet to have someone tell me how a regular Joe is going to sell his million dollar story. Just isn't going to happen. It won't. No, it won't.

Guest Fanofsquatch

You would have to spend a million to make a million off of it. There would be initial curiosity but the true BF diehards will just wait for the info and pics (no matter how closely gaurded) to end up on the internet where all the real bigfoot research is done.

The fake Georgia bigfoot-in-a-freezer was nearly bought for $50K.

In 1971, $25K was nearly paid for the faked Ivan Marx film.

What do you think someone might pay for the real deal? I think if you get less than a million you don't know how to negotiate. We're talking about a giant, hairy, stuff of legends, undiscovered North American wood-ape/primate, not some itty-bitty frog or new species of field mouse.

I'm betting some oil sheik would hand over a pretty penny, and likely a few wives too, just to get their hands on something so unique.

RayG

This is the kind of thing that sounds great, seems like it'd be easy money, but in the end always backfires.....the kind of thing where you find yourself up to your neck in way more trouble than you ever thought possible. BItes you right back there, it does.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A million, yeah. An oil shiek gives a shart. Good luck folks. If I find one, shoot one or whatever else it'll be a anonymous call to someone that can have that million mythical dollars that won't exist! Have at it friends, I hope you all get a great steak at Omar's in Ashland, because I think that's the best you'll do!

Guest thermalman

The owner will just have to play his cards right to cash in. If MM can cash in finding nothing, a real body would bring in some serious dinero!

Edited by thermalman

Guest OntarioSquatch

If it's a full body and in good condition, it's gotta be worth at least 500K. If Wally Hersom is purchasing land at Washington for that much just for the Olympic Project, imagine what he'll pay for a Bigfoot body!

When a single comic book sells for over $500K, and a collection of them sells for $3.5 million, why wouldn't some rich dude pay millions for a real bigfoot?

If they'll buy a horse for over $10 million, and there's certainly more than one horse around, the bidding just might go through the roof for a squatch.

RayG

Well, think of the tax write off if you donate it to a university, minus the cape anyway. Tell me you wouldn't want a bf skin rug to throw down on......just sayin. 🐵

When a single comic book sells for over $500K, and a collection of them sells for $3.5 million, why wouldn't some rich dude pay millions for a real bigfoot?

If they'll buy a horse for over $10 million, and there's certainly more than one horse around, the bidding just might go through the roof for a squatch.

RayG

I'll call you if you give me your number and when I shoot one you can have it. You can give me 10% of what you get and I'll be more than happy with it. Just don't ever mention my name. How's that?