Black Bear Climbing With A Deer?

I don't understand your point Cervelo. I think just about everyone has agreed this could have been done by a known species (bear/cougar)

It is interesting though that the story of the deer found in the tree, and the report made by a wildlife official, said they thought a human had done this. I would think if a bear or cougar had carried that deer up the tree, there would have been puncture marks from teeth, but they clearly say they found no wounds but the arrow. It also seems a cougar or bear would have left claw marks on the tree.

As for it being easier to scavenge roadkill, very true. And there are many reports of BF's doing so. BF's would cartainly be opportunists and take an easy meal. I remember seeing a news report (video) interview of a road worker (can't remember the state) who's job it is was to remove roadkill on highways. He claimed he had thrown a deer carcass into the bed of his truck after removing it from the road, and as he was leaving a BF came from the woods and snatched the deer from the truck. So no doubt they are interested in roadkill.

But a BF that is in a remote area with little traffic wouldn't have the opportunity to scavenge roadways very often. And I can see a BF stashing a deer in a tree for later, sort of using mother natures deep freeze to preserve the meat for a rough winter. The report by the wildlife official of the deer in the tree did say it was well preserved.

Just offering another "most likely" for consideration. ;)

I don't see why bigfoot would need to store food when it's so abundant and readily available.

I would think he would be hustling this kill back to his group and it would be gobbled up pretty quick!

True, but this was found in winter. I just thought it could be possibly a food stash, maybe a mama with young.

Either way, this is one strange story, in my opinion anyway.