Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

SSR Team

David Paulides does not explicitly say Bigfoot may be responsible for those missing, but IMHO, the implications are definitely there. In the Western Edition there is a U.S. map detailing the clusters of missing people in each state. It would be interesting to try to correlate Bigfoot sightings with reports of the missing people, to determine if there actually is a connection.

That's what i'm going to try to do actually teria, or at least have a little look into it anyway.

Di you really think that if for example somebody read the book that had no idea that Paulides was a Sasquatch researcher, they'd cotton ont o the fact that he was actually implying Sasquatch, without actually saying so ?

I'm not so sure.

In the Western Edition there is a U.S. map detailing the clusters of missing people in each state.

I think this may be the map you are referring to. IMO, the locations shown on this map do correlate with sasquatch sightings in the PNW, especially the areas in Washington, Oregon, Northern California and Idaho.

missing_map.jpg

I listened to the coast to coast podcasts with Paulides and they were fascinating.

It was annoying how evasive he was on the Sasquatch issue.

I thought that he was trying to avoid "Missing 411" getting pigeonholed as a Bigfoot book so he could pitch it at the true crime market and sell more books.

Admin

I think i'm gonna do some Squatchometrics stuff on the book...

BobbyO, maybe you should contact him, he probably has the GPS coordinates... which could be easily uploaded into the SSR and flagged as a separate dataset, but it would allow searching/plotting of BF sightings vs missing persons to Google Earth... color coded, the works.

Edited by gigantor

That's what i'm going to try to do actually teria, or at least have a little look into it anyway.

Di you really think that if for example somebody read the book that had no idea that Paulides was a Sasquatch researcher, they'd cotton onto the fact that he was actually implying Sasquatch, without actually saying so ?

I'm not so sure.

IMHO, I don't think the general reading public would make the connection. But I believe Bigfoot researchers/enthusiasts already have--obviously. :)

Guest OntarioSquatch

I think the number of visitors the parks get could be a factor. Yosemite NP is one of the top 5 most visited National parks in North America and also has the highest number of strange missing persons cases.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

SSR Team

BobbyO, maybe you should contact him, he probably has the GPS coordinates... which could be easily uploaded into the SSR and flagged as a separate dataset, but it would allow searching/plotting of BF sightings vs missing persons to Google Earth... color coded, the works.

Cool, will do G & i'll keep you in the loop as to what he says..;)

If we thought Bigfoot was abducting our kids all of our attitudes would change about it. Wonder and compassion will turn to anger and hatred. Destroy Bigfoot camps will be formed and the forest will be torched until there's no place left for it to hide.

SSR Team

Man, not sure how much i'm going to do of this as i want to sleep at nights !!!!

First page i turn to, completely random, is a Guy who went missing in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness in WA in July 2005 and guess what ?

8 miles away in teh Alpine Lake Wilderness, July 2005, BFRO Report of an avid outdoorsman finding tracks up there, then woodknocking & then he literally got the crap scared out of him and came over all strange and fearful.

@squatcher..yes, that's the one. Thank you for posting it. So there is a correlation between sightings and missing persons. I thought there might be.

@strick..I caught the show too, and I think you're right. I also think he was cautious out of respect to the victims' families.

@ spader..You're welcome. He has other books I'd like to buy: The Hoopa Project, and Tribal Bigfoot. I think they both will be a fascinating read.

Admin

Man, not sure how much i'm going to do of this as i want to sleep at nights !!!!

Get the GPS coordinates, we'll let the computer do it...

Admin

Dang it Coonbo!!!!

I was hoping my slow realization that there may be another species out there that are Dogman or werewolf in nature was just a flight of fancy on my part. Now you had to go and confirm it that there is indeed seemingly at least some basis to it. I am guessing that by posting that, you believe your source is telling the truth. Does your source believe the LBL incident as told by Jan Thompson is true?

Any guesses as to how one goes about eradicating Dogmen (and do not use the word "silver" in your description...)?

Finally, if what your source said is true, then it would help explain why the government would not want to, and in fact, even attempt to discourage acknowledgement that BF exists.

"My fellow Americans, the Government now acknowledges that there are very large primates, commonly known as Bigfoot or Sasquatch, living in the rural areas of our great country. They live in every region of our nation. For the most part they are shy and reclusive. However we do know that on occasion that they have been known to kill and abduct humans, including children, who wander into their territory. This is very rare, but not unheard of. We urge you to continue to use the outdoors as you always have, and enjoy yourselves and all America has to offer. Just be alert to your surroundings when you are out there. Thank you. Good night."

Yeah, that is going to go over real well........ :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1