Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

You guys lost me at werewolves.

If an 800 lb,, 8 foot tall opportunistic omnivore exists on this continent, there is no doubt at some points have had violent encounters with humans. Do the Paulides books contain actual reference documentation for at least some of the disappearances? The case I would like to further investigate is the Dennis Martin family case. On one of the podcast I listened to Paulides reported that (supposedly) the Key family actually claimed to have witnessed a bipedal brown "something" running carrying something/someone brightly colored, later reported to match the description of the missing childs clothing. I wonder if that is actually documented in the FBI report? That would be a worthwhile FOIA request.

SSR Team

Z Finch, just curious why you don't put more weight in your 30 years of outdoor experience, over some book.

Reality > realization > realism would be my guess G.

In reply to some of the statements above;

1 DP writes that in some cases, missing persons are eventually declared legally dead. This act has the effect of lowering the statistics on missing persons.

2 Some disappearances occurring in the eastern US coincide with times when berries ripen.

3 In the case of Dennis Martin, who disappeared in the Smokey Mountain park area, DP interviewed the father and also the person a few miles away who saw a figure running through the woods carrying something on its shoulder. This account is from the Eastern US volume, and is one of the most replete cases from both volumes. It's got it all, including how one search area was rendered off limits to searchers so that US military personnel could investigate. DP points out that so called 'wildmen' are acknowledged to inhabit this forest.

You want to get rattled? Read these books

The thing that I found sureal is that I have always gone into the woods alone Squatch researching as I have for over 30 years. I now have serious doubts that I will ever do it alone again.

First rule learned in Boy Scouts - Never go into the woods alone. Looks like that was pretty good advice.

Speaking of boy scouts. It seems two or three times a year, there is a news report of a boy scout who has gone missing in the woods. Often they are not recovered. In the back of my mind, I've always wondered if something more than just getting lost was involved.

Edited by Scarecrow

TimbergiantBigfoot on YT has a video in which he relates being out in his research area, and getting stalked by a band of coyotes. They were obviously looking at him as possible food. There are plenty of reasons to be careful in the woods!

I can see why people say "a dog nose," but it won't be a bipedal canine unless its hind legs resemble a dog's, IMHO. Maybe a snouted sasquatch? Anybody?

Mudder, my thought is that baboons have dog-like snouts. That photo of the Dogman scares the crud out of me.

I was camping one night outside of Mansfield, Missouri in a closed-for-the-season campground (middle-March) and something canine stalked around our tent at least three times growling and snarling in the (short) night. Probobly a feral dog but it makes me wonder now knowing about the Dogman beasts. There WERE coyotes off yipping all night in the distance and this was NOT a coyote, it was much bigger. Things that make you go - hmmmmm...

You know, I used to love love love to go camping. Now I'm not sure I really ever want to again. Maybe Yosemite, because there's hundreds of people, lol.

Edited by madison5716

SSR Team

You know, I used to love love love to go camping. Now I'm not sure I really ever want to again. Maybe Yosemite, because there's hundreds of people, lol.

I've got news for you Madison, and it involves Yosemite and that book but i'm not gonna tell you.. :D

Guest BastetsCat

Well, when I am camping, if I have a Sass encounter, I would prefer it to be in the daylight, and to have a slower person with me. ;)

In that case bring four people. One that matches you in speed and two that don't. That way you are not alone in the woods...LOL

David Paulides is a great writer or has a great editor. The Miwuk native americans here in my area tell stories about BF like creatures who live in caves and eat flesh!

That being said there are no cases I can find that have any BF like qualities to the missing person report. When people go missing around here it is because they run into bad people.

There are 2 kinds of sasquatch encounters imo. The kind that are non threatening and almost surreal and the kind that make you want to run run run!

I have had both kinds. Sasquatch hormones and sasquatch puberty are scary concepts to think about!

Admin

My gut feeling has always been that there are many more BF related disappearances of people that even us researchers realize. To the extent that if the full truth was known, there would be a mass outcry to exterminate most of the BF, and this would lead to huge set-asides of BF habitat that would be declared as closed "wilderness" areas, off limits to any human use or trespassing for either commercial or recreational purposes.

The thought came to me yesterday after reading your original post on LBL.What if after species verification, it is determined that it would be best for the human population that BF be exterminated quickly and totally? What if there is something in their genetic makeup that does not allow them to peacefully coexist with humans?

On another note, if the government tried to eradicate the dogmen (and how do they reproduce? I have never heard of an account of a female "dogman"...) of LBL, did they also try to eliminate other colonies of them? I mean if they are a threat at LBL, they are a threat everywhere.

While this guy does not mention that they were dogmen, this sounds more like them than BF:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/9734-scariest-sasquatch-encounters-youve-readheard/page__st__60#entry118212

Guest SquatchinNY

David Paulides is a great writer or has a great editor. The Miwuk native americans here in my area tell stories about BF like creatures who live in caves and eat flesh!

That being said there are no cases I can find that have any BF like qualities to the missing person report. When people go missing around here it is because they run into bad people.

There are 2 kinds of sasquatch encounters imo. The kind that are non threatening and almost surreal and the kind that make you want to run run run!

I have had both kinds. Sasquatch hormones and sasquatch puberty are scary concepts to think about!

LOL

Guest MrMudder

... Also, do you still live near the DesMoines River? I'm not far from it at all and have researched several places on it and found boogers. There is one particular area that I've heard reports of where the boogers are especially belligerent, and I've wondered if there were dogmen there. ...

I do still live here. About 35 minutes north of Des Moines, and a few minutes from the river. Where are you at? Feel free to PM me.

SSR Team

The thought came to me yesterday after reading your original post on LBL.What if after species verification, it is determined that it would be best for the human population that BF be exterminated quickly and totally?

That would never be allowed to happen in a civilised society thankfully and even if it was mentioned, good luck to those looking for all of them.

And anyway, the world and even North America has bigger problems than Sasquatches, like non hairy people.