Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

BFF Patron

I've got news for you Madison, and it involves Yosemite and that book but i'm not gonna tell you.. :D

I'd be more afraid of Hanta virus than a negative Sasquatch encounter, the odds are higher in Yosemite (or were) ;)

Guest MrMudder

^ I agree, @BobbyO. Moose and lynx and mt lions and poisonous snakes all pose a danger, and the government would never want to eradicate them, except the single rogues that do pose dangers.

SSR Team

I'd be more afraid of Hanta virus than a negative Sasquatch encounter, the odds are higher in Yosemite (or were) ;)

You sure B ?

How many people has the HV made errrr disappear in Yosemite ? ;)

Edit : We're on 3 so far for the HV i see..

Edited by BobbyO

This subject scares the heck out of me, so i i've tried to stay out of it .But there have been times that i have been in the woods alone deer hunting and heard these knocks and felt that fear of what their intentions really were.whether i was the prey or the deer i was hunting for.I know it sound nutz but what can one person do when you some how know that you are surrounded and you get that feeling that you must leave. If people are falling victim to these creatures then I understand that in the back woods they really do not have no chance of rescue. Question is do these creatures understand this? and do they stalk their victims as they hike those back woods trails ? It is like any animal in the wild we do not know their intentions but there have been times that I truely felt uneasy and there is always theat exception of that rogue bigfoot that has been driven away from it's tribe.Deception is an evil tool used by the ancients. One must truely be careful.

Guest Jack Wild

In that case bring four people. One that matches you in speed and two that don't. That way you are not alone in the woods...LOL

Of course it's also helpful to travel with slower runners. Remember, as is often pointed out on the African savannah, you don't have to be faster than the lion, just faster than one other person in your party.

I'm not buying the whole BF-makes-hiker-go-missing theory. On one hand, we elevate BF to this creature whose stealth is legendary. He avoids making tracks and slips away silently in the night. He's invisible.

Then, on the other hand, we're asked to believe that BF willingly invites the hoardes of humans who will come to search for a missing hiker gone permanently missing thanks to our resident, and rogue, BF.

I don't buy it. If it's happened, I bet it is exceedingly rare. I hike alone in an area with a fair number of reports and have done so for 33+ years. I've never carried a firearm nor feel the need to do so. "Never hike alone!" Baloney. Go ahead and look over your shoulder. Not me. BF isn't interested in all the hassle he'll be forced to endure when the other humans come with their boom sticks and dogs.

SSR Team

That's a good point wiilawiwb.

I was in Yellowstone last year about this time.

I was alone and wanted to go backcountry, they directed me to the backcountry office in a different part of the building.

Thinking this was going to be a big hassle as I walk to the office, I was befuddle when I walk thru the door and two rangers looked at me like what are you doing here?

Here's what I found out 2.5 million people visit Yellowstone a year approx. 2500 hundred go "backcountry" camping.

Statistics can be used however you want to make your point.

How many of those 2.5 million a year go missing how many are never found I would guess the number is very low and the Bigfoot threat is even lower or nonexistent statistically.

Now getting stomped by a buffalo that's a different story!!

Guest MrMudder

^ @wiiawiwb,

Perhaps an open mind is sometimes best. With a closed mind, ideas and theories may not even start. Missing hunters and outdoorsman could be due to anything from lions to packs of small coyotes or even brown bears or an injury. Or maybe hungry sasquatch. A human sure is a lot slower than a deer. If I was a hungry sasquatch that was food deprived, I would definitely look at a lone slow-moving human as a good meal if I had to. But, that's only a theory.

Just my $.02.

Guest Luckyfoot

I might have told this story before. I did a quick search for a link, was actually surprised @ how many people go missing in Big Bear.

I had a cabin on the north side of the lake. Less populated, more trails. This was 6-7 ? years ago. I'll attempt to be brief.

A family was picnicking @ one of the parks by a trail. 5-6 yr old boy went back to the car which was 300-400 yards away. There were some bushes that obscured the car from view. The boy didn't come back. The family went looking for him and the only thing they noted was a van leaving the scene.

Obviously they went after the van. They caught the van. Just another family. The local authorities did a missing persons report on the local radio and requested volunteers. They searched the local trail were they were picnicking and all around . This was fall.

Springtime comes around , after the snow, and somebody finds the remains at something like a 1000 yards from the spot. Analyzing remains determined mountain lion had got the poor kid.

There's several things in the woods that can make you go bye bye.

Guest BastetsCat

From what I understand from surfing radio broadcast interviews and the website there is no mention of Sasquatch being responsible. Paulides seems to be going to great lengths to not say it. These things are happening in known Sasquatch areas. For me here in Colorado there is the mount of the holy cross. Biggest search in Colorado history I think 2005. A second guy two years ago. I remember over the course of my life lots of missing people in that area. If I remember correctly many when found were miles off course in totally different areas than where they disappeared.

Holy Cross Wilderness is a known BF environment. However that does not mean that it is BF that did any of this. I am from the camp that the BF is capable; but I am not going to blame until there is better evidence.

One of the teasers for the youtube interview asked Paulides about BF and he referenced the Hoopa Indians. He talked about them being people to the Hoopa and the news conference that they called in regaurds to rock throwing and a hunting party saying that the Hoopa said they are big and strong and smart leave them alone and they will leave you alone... then it cut out. You have to join to listen to the whole interview. It really didn't sound like he thinks they are doing it. Unless I have missed something else.

• Upvote 1

Guest MrMudder

I often wonder what got the 2 cousins this summer near Des Moines by a lake. You all might of heard of it on national news. They were young... about 8-12-ish -- I'm not exactly sure of exact ages. Riding their bikes. Bikes left on trail on their sides. Authorities drained the lake. Nothing. Only 3 things come to mind in Iowa. Lion or kidnapper or Biggie.

Guest MrMudder

so what would a booger do with a kidnapped human?

Food? Isn't there an idea out there that they're fond of deer and cattle liver? If so, why not a human's liver? All just a theory. It's good to throw ideas out there.