Maps: Correlation Between Missing Persons & Sasquatch

Guest MrMudder

Wilderness being wild is what Paulides is getting at. We pride ourselves on being master of the world. In the wild this is not true. We can go out walking in the woods and never come back. To go completely missing in the wild is fate humans befall. I think he really is trying to show how different the world is when you get far enough away from the roads. Mysteries do abide out there in the wild.

He is letting you the reader ask that question yourself. Most of us know it could be possible, if unlikely or very rare. My hypothesis on BF exhibited behaviors is that you could provoke one to harm/kill a human but that it would have to be cornered and hurt/afraid. Or a male the species in a state of hormone fueled aggression. The reports of the bluff charges corroborate that kind of male primate behavior. You can bait their aggression to a point with rock throwing and displays of primate aggression but they seem to be a mostly non violent animal. Their normal state is a kinda curious/relaxed I think. Physical threats to them are minimal.

They have found themselves the niche in mans modern world where we travel less and less into the wildernesses!

Edited by Woodswalker

Guest MrMudder

Breeding stock, perhaps?

Yes, because the U.S. government is breeding hybrid soldiers in America's woods. What better place for a cover-up of kidnapping and breeding :D. I betcha the manwolf dogmen are the most nimble -- Perhaps for close-quarter Black Ops combat? ;) Too many Star Wars movies :)

Yes, because the U.S. government is breeding hybrid soldiers in America's woods. What better place for a cover-up of kidnapping and breeding :D. I betcha the manwolf dogmen are the most nimble -- Perhaps for close-quarter Black Ops combat? ;) Too many Star Wars movies :)

Julio126, #64. In many of the accounts from Missing411 children were in the immediate vicinity of their parents, but immediately upon the parents' innattention or the child not being visible, the disappearance occurred. My inference from stories like this is that BF stalks, watches, and picks its moment. Sounds like normal predation to me.

-----

In reading other stories I began to wonder if BF might be snatching kids to play with them; like pets or dolls. Paulides also noted that many youngsters had reached the age when they're more self sufficient.

-----

Paulides answers the critique of the cases he cites having been caused by known animal predators. He writes that in his profiles there are no signs of struggle as would be expected from your run of the mill mountain lion or wolf pack life ender.

We have many BF Sightings here in Ohio, it is interesting to note how few people pay attention to their surroundings as they hike. From what we now its too risky. I used too snooze a bit when spending sun up to sun down in the woods noway id do that now.

Guest MrMudder

We have many BF Sightings here in Ohio, it is interesting to note how few people pay attention to their surroundings as they hike. From what we now its too risky. I used too snooze a bit when spending sun up to sun down in the woods noway id do that now.

I hear ya. Even here in central Iowa, with no bears, one has to know about mountain lions. Within the last decade or two, they've really migrated down from north.

Welcome aboard.

SSR Team

I was in Yellowstone last year about this time.

I was alone and wanted to go backcountry, they directed me to the backcountry office in a different part of the building.

Thinking this was going to be a big hassle as I walk to the office, I was befuddle when I walk thru the door and two rangers looked at me like what are you doing here?

Here's what I found out 2.5 million people visit Yellowstone a year approx. 2500 hundred go "backcountry" camping.

Statistics can be used however you want to make your point.

How many of those 2.5 million a year go missing how many are never found I would guess the number is very low and the Bigfoot threat is even lower or nonexistent statistically.

Now getting stomped by a buffalo that's a different story!!

Statistics can be used however you want to make your point and i'm a master at doing so, but i'll give you this one C as the Golf just really went our way..;)

You're way wrong on this C, in your favour.. ;)

Visitor Use

• Park visitors: 4,098,648 in 2011; 4 million in 2010; 3.88 million in 2009; 3.6 million in 2008; 3.6 million in 2007; 3.4 million in 2006; and 3.4 million in 2005 (Visitation to the park peaked in 1996 with 4,190,557 visitors.)
  • Search and rescue operations: 245 in 2010--including 62 helicopter rescues, 242 in 2009; 248 in 2008; 238 in 2007; 219 in 2006; and 216 in 2005

Edited by BobbyO

Hi Ontairio. A squirrel? :) To be serious here. I don't know that answer, but I do remember Jane Goodall, I think... figured out that chimpanzee's will attack another chimp and eat the thing, even sharing it with others. If I remember correctly, the chimp, or monkey eaten was always a younger one. I'd have to go look again and find out. So, maybe some of these kids are used as a food source for some health maintenance or something. ??

Guest SquatchinNY

I really don't think BFs kill humans often. Can someone grab me the # of Bear/Lion (Mt Lion) attacks in 2011? Whoever has Missing 411, how many reports does it talk about, and over what period of time? Plus, most of the 411 cases, (As any collection of cases) are not BF-related IMO. But, I have never read the book.

Guest MrMudder

Hi Ontairio. A squirrel? ...

Perhaps. lol. You have to look out for them large fox squirrels, lol :D. I've had one go nuts on top of my head after I shot him once in the tree (chest shot). I was searching around the side of the tree that he was clinging on to, and he jumped on my head and attacked for a couple seconds before he went to the ground and a head shot. In the meantime, for those 2 seconds, I was protecting my eyeballs! :)

I've been researching the Jacobs juvenile lately and found a 4 year old girl disappeared from the same location. There was a long hostory of Bigfoot sightings there. The odd part: she was on a picnic picking flowers with her father, mother, brother, and sister when she just vanished under their nose! No body was ever recovered!

Guest MrMudder

P.S. (I small-game hunt with high powered .22 and .25 airguns.)

(Stupid old phone that can't do more than 512 characters at a time. Grrrr.)

Edited by MrMudder