Sign in to follow this  

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

kitakaze

They have a film of a subject that looks and moves like a human in a suit for the only people that really matter where cataloguing a new mammal species in North America are concerned. They have a film that could not physically come to be by the process the film makers said. They have a film from a highly dubious source who had the means and the motive to make a hoax.

They can continue to believe the film and keep the culture of belief built around it. Bigfoot remains in the realm of myth and sociology, not biology and zoology. Proponents of the film have had 43 years to come up with something better. Unfortunately, they have not.

Incorrigible1

They have a film of a subject that looks and moves like a human in a suit for the only people that really matter where cataloguing a new mammal species in North America are concerned. They have a film that could not physically come to be by the process the film makers said. They have a film from a highly dubious source who had the means and the motive to make a hoax.

They can continue to believe the film and keep the culture of belief built around it. Bigfoot remains in the realm of myth and sociology, not biology and zoology. Proponents of the film have had 43 years to come up with something better. Unfortunately, they have not.

Doesn't seem to be a miracle. Rather, seems to be a biological creature captured within the lens of a film camera.

Never seen anything quite like it. If it were anything else, it would have surely been duplicated. Eh? But no, it hasn't. Argue to your heart's content, when push comes to shove, it's simply never been replicated. Put that in you pipe and smoke, my friend.

imagesqtbnANd9GcTiZkjEW815XHm4kEj36uWW7Yk1rzHke3-Vbo_FlsTeLwfL-X7O6Q.jpg

Guest Fister Crunchman

Kitakaze,

Didn't you say long ago that you would post on the web at least part of your filmed interview with Phil Morris?

Can you please tell us why you have never made it available on the web to this date?

Fister

Who are these "only people?" are they friends of yours? :blink: I mean really, "only people?" like these two of them? Do you get money from them?

I like cowboys. The set their minds to something, and then they do it. Lots of spectacular failures on the way, for sure.

But sometimes.....a plan pans out.

Funny turn of phrase that one is...."panning out"...it's about finding gold by taking risks and striking out where no one else is. A great deal of dealing probably factors into the endeavor, for sure.

So when you say proponents have had "43 years to come up with something better"...well then disprove that film. Then you got one film disproved. Go you. But the bottom line is THEY ARE COWBOYS!

I don't stake ANY of what I believe on one piece of "film" or anything else.

I don't want this to be real any more than you do, but I am NOT going to stop doing what I love and I am NOT going to curl up into a little ball of denial and I am NOT going to lash out and try to disprove my experiences no matter how smart I am. No matter how much that might comfort me.

I go outside.

Shite happens. You learn to deal.

It's just a film. It's not as important as it may seem to some.

Incorrigible1

You scare me, ILBP.

:ph34r:

These are not the droids you are looking for.

;)

Incorrigible1

:ph34r:

These are not the droids you are looking for.

;)

You scare me.

Gee, have I ever read that posting before?

kitakaze

Kitakaze,

Didn't you say long ago that you would post on the web at least part of your filmed interview with Phil Morris?

Can you please tell us why you have never made it available on the web to this date?

Fister

Yes, last year I said I was going to make a Youtube channel and would upload some of my Morris interview after I had posted some of my music videos. IIRC, I said after about five. Still have two or three more music videos I want to upload first. I make it a rule to put music before things like my interest in Bigfoot. I can post a screencap in the meantime if you're interested.

kitakaze

Doesn't seem to be a miracle. Rather, seems to be a biological creature captured within the lens of a film camera.

Never seen anything quite like it. If it were anything else, it would have surely been duplicated. Eh? But no, it hasn't. Argue to your heart's content, when push comes to shove, it's simply never been replicated. Put that in you pipe and smoke, my friend.

One miracle to start with is the impossible timeline. Have any ideas?

Your subjective opinion, and mine, for that matter, of the film subject are irrelevant. Seems to some people on the Internet to be real is fine with me. There are lots of people on the Internet thinking all manner of things are real. Alien abduction, ghosts, Dogman, you name it.

If the film wasn't real, it would have been duplicated? You have an overestimation, I think, just how much interest there is in Bigfoot, for one, and for another, just what amount of interest there is to bother spending time on something most people think is a hoax anyway.

There are what, about three amateurs in the past four decades that have really tried taking a crack at it? Why no professionals? Maybe because they have professions to do.

kitakaze

Who are these "only people?" are they friends of yours? :blink: I mean really, "only people?" like these two of them? Do you get money from them?

I was referring to the scientists necessary to catalogue a new species. I only get paid by the NSA if Neil Burgstahler is to be believed.

I like cowboys. The set their minds to something, and then they do it. Lots of spectacular failures on the way, for sure.

But sometimes.....a plan pans out.

Great. I love it when a plan comes together. So, how does filmed Friday afternoon in Bluff Creek, sent from Eureka Friday night, developed who knows where Saturday, and on the projector Sunday afternoon in Yakima pan out?

So when you say proponents have had "43 years to come up with something better"...well then disprove that film. Then you got one film disproved. Go you. But the bottom line is THEY ARE COWBOYS!

I've taken it upon myself to end the PGF controversy because I'm weird like that and it seems like a great challenge to have undertaken. As for the question of Bigfoot existing, disproving it is neither sciuentific nor something reasonable to me. You can have the film and gather some people on the Internet who believe it's truly a Bigfoot, but if you really want to establish Bigfoot as an actual species, you will definitely have to come up with better than that. You can flip science the bird and say they have to prove the film a fake, but you'll still be on the proverbial shelf beside ghost hunters and Dogman fans.

I don't want this to be real any more than you do,

Oh, because I would love for Bigfoot to be real. Don't you? That would be really something.

Guest Fister Crunchman

Yes, last year I said I was going to make a Youtube channel and would upload some of my Morris interview after I had posted some of my music videos. IIRC, I said after about five. Still have two or three more music videos I want to upload first. I make it a rule to put music before things like my interest in Bigfoot. I can post a screencap in the meantime if you're interested.

Given your habit of repeatedly refering to material you say is in these private interviews, it's pretty important to put them in the public domain for others to consider. It's been quite a while since you said you would.

You aren't getting involved with an 'impossible timeline', surely?

Fister

kitakaze

Given your habit of repeatedly refering to material you say is in these private interviews, it's pretty important to put them in the public domain for others to consider. It's been quite a while since you said you would.

What material did I reference from the Morris interview that you are in haste to see? Bill has referenced private interviews, yet you are not making demands about them to him. I have more important things to do first before I start looking for a segment of my sitdown with Morris to release on Youtube.

I have an excellent idea if you are really in a hurry to see a Morris interview...

http://www.morriscostumes.com/contactus.aspx

You aren't getting involved with an 'impossible timeline', surely?

I surely am. Want to kick it around with me?

Guest Fister Crunchman

What material did I reference from the Morris interview that you are in haste to see? Bill has referenced private interviews, yet you are not making demands about them to him. I have more important things to do first before I start looking for a segment of my sitdown with Morris to release on Youtube.

I have an excellent idea if you are really in a hurry to see a Morris interview...

http://www.morriscos.../contactus.aspx

I surely am. Want to kick it around with me?

I have made clear in earlier posts that have no interest in your material because your research is deeply flawed. It shows every sign of being based on no more methodological understanding than has been gleaned from uncritical consumption of Greg Long's botched investigation and report.

So, please stop repeating your refuted and vain idea that I am 'in a hurry' to see your material. I'm not interested. I'm interested in fair play in debate, and in resisting ill conceived attempts to foreclose prematurely on the Patterson Gimlin Film.

Back to your timelines-- any news on your intended return to interview folks again on film? This timeline seems to be stretching away towards infinity. Does this not embarrass you, given that you have for so long claimed to be the guy who can put the PGF to bed? Maybe music is beginning to look a better avenue to fame and fortune now. Why not let us know.

Thanks for the macho invitation to 'Kick around' the timeline issue.But no thanks. People fighting a rearguard action don't make interesting playmates really.

Fister

kitakaze
So, please stop repeating your refuted and vain idea that I am 'in a hurry' to see your material. I'm not interested.

Excellent. So you won't be asking me about my material anymore until it comes out. Wait. no...

Back to your timelines-- any news on your intended return to interview folks again on film? This timeline seems to be stretching away towards infinity. Does this not embarrass you, given that you have for so long claimed to be the guy who can put the PGF to bed? Maybe music is beginning to look a better avenue to fame and fortune now. Why not let us know.

I'm not interested in fame and fortune. Bill gets the same thing. It's pretty boring for both of us.

Thanks for the macho invitation to 'Kick around' the timeline issue.But no thanks. People fighting a rearguard action don't make interesting playmates really.

Fister

I understand. Byrne, Green, Dahinden, Krantz - none of them could get around it, but I always look forward to anyone who will take a swing at it.

Edited by kitakaze

Huntster

The believers need a miracle.

Not at all. Skeptics need miracles; events above and beyond reality which shock one into accepting. Believers just need (and obviously have) faith.

In my case, and in the absence of proof, I'll consider evidence (and that includes testimony) to form the basis of my belief. If the testimony is from someone who has a good reputation, it is held in high regard. If that testimony is from someone with little previous reputation, it is accepted until other evidence shows otherwise. If that testimony is from a known liar, I don't consider it at all.

A testimonial from the Pope trumps one from the plumber. Sorry. That's just how it works.