Sign in to follow this  

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

SweatyYeti

Chugging right along...

kitakaze wrote:

When he put Phil's Bigfoot suit on in 2005 that did not have any objects such as Phil suggested to Roger in 1967, he equaled Patty in arm length.

And kit wrote......originally...

No arm extensions necessary and BH in a suit can match Patty's proportions.

kit wrote:

It is supremely simple.

It is supremely simple....your original wording simply said...."No arm extensions".

It did not specify "internal objects".....or..."objects such as Phil suggested to Roger in 1967".

It had no 'qualifiers'. It didn't mention anything about what was inside the arm of the suit....be it objects, or just 'empty space' between the ends of Bob's fingers and the suit fingers.

xspider even wrote.....confirming my basic point...that the meaning of your original post...(as seen/interpreted by OTHERS)....had to do simply with EXTENSION...

I guess an arm extension is different from a suit part that extends the arm??

That's very perplexing. :wacko:

So.....ultimately, there was NO POINT to your original statement..."No arm extensions necessary and BH in a suit can match Patty's proportions".

You're not denying that Bob's arms are shorter than Patty's...and nobody is disputing that fact....and, furthermore....nobody is disputing, or even discussing, whether there were added objects inside the arm of the suit, or not.

You even acknowledge that Bob's arms are shorter than Patty's....(in a 'sorta kinda' way)...

Bob, when not in a Bigfoot suit, does not have arms that look as long as Patty's.

You don't need to be afraid to say it, kit...the difference in length goes beyond a simple 'illusion'...Bob's arms not only 'look' shorter.....they 'are' shorter...

BobPattyComp1-1.jpg

They require extensions.

Say it with me, kit..."Bob's arms....are....shorter....than Patty's". :D

"It is supremely simple." :lol::lol::lol:

On a lighter note.....here's to March... :) ...and the end of a long, cold....lonely....winter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2FdniCuEE

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest demon

Chugging right along...

kitakaze wrote:

And kit wrote......originally...

kit wrote:

It is supremely simple....your original wording simply said...."No arm extensions".

It did not specify "internal objects".....or..."objects such as Phil suggested to Roger in 1967".

It had no 'qualifiers'. It didn't mention anything about what was inside the arm of the suit....be it objects, or just 'empty space' between the ends of Bob's fingers and the suit fingers.

xspider even wrote.....confirming my basic point...that the meaning of your original post...(as seen/interpreted by OTHERS)....had to do simply with EXTENSION...

So.....ultimately, there was NO POINT to your original statement..."No arm extensions necessary and BH in a suit can match Patty's proportions".

You're not denying that Bob's arms are shorter than Patty's...and nobody is disputing that fact....and, furthermore....nobody is disputing, or even discussing, whether there were added objects inside the arm of the suit, or not.

You even acknowledge that Bob's arms are shorter than Patty's....(in a 'sorta kinda' way)...

You don't need to be afraid to say it, kit...the difference in length goes beyond a simple 'illusion'...Bob's arms not only 'look' shorter.....they 'are' shorter...

BobPattyComp1-1.jpg

They require extensions.

Say it with me, kit..."Bob's arms....are....shorter....than Patty's". :D

"It is supremely simple." :lol::lol::lol:

On a lighter note.....here's to March... :) ...and the end of a long, cold....lonely....winter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b2FdniCuEE

[/quo

so your little blue line is supposed to be on the bottom of both feet then?? because its not on the bottom of bobs boots.

Guest gershake

so your little blue line is supposed to be on the bottom of both feet then?? because its not on the bottom of bobs boots.

That works to Bob's advantage, though.

Guest LAL

Oh, yes. Flowers are blooming here and my new computer has awesome sound - great for listening to call blasting in MQ season 4 on iTunes as well as The Beatles. Isn't technology grand? :D

SweatyYeti

Oh, yes. Flowers are blooming here and my new computer has awesome sound - great for listening to call blasting in MQ season 4 on iTunes as well as The Beatles. Isn't technology grand? :D

It shur can be. A great Beatles song....Remastered....on a great-sounding audio system......is a great thing! :) Glad you enjoyed it, Lu.

No flowers up this way, yet...but, it's nice just seeing winter on it's way out the door.

Edited by SweatyYeti

Are you suggesting that Patty's image needs to be scaled up until her feet match the bottom of Bob's boots? But, wouldn't that make Patty's arms even longer? I'm sure you didn't mean that, did you? Better rephrase your question. ;)

Semantics aside, anything that extends the apparent length of the arms, whether they are gloves or mechanical finger benders, are arm extensions. So finally after having asked Kit several times whether Bob's fingers were inserted into the gloves of the CC costume, it appears the answer is no. So then Kit, have you FINALLY admitted that you think Bob's fingers were NOT inside Patty's gloves? So much for the "wrist band" being on Bob's wrist, right demon? When I compiled my list of Bob describing the suit, #4 was "No hand extensions". How come Kit didn't fix that one? And what does Bob have to say on this matter?

You do realize this places tight restrictions on the placement of the elbow? Maybe we are making some progress after all. :)

Here's Kit's scaled version of Bob & Patty.

BH_armlength-1.png

Yep, those are massive gloves on Patty. Remarkably, the gloves appear to be approx. 80% the length of Bob's entire arm. That is if Kit scaled Bob correctly.

Guest demon

Are you suggesting that Patty's image needs to be scaled up until her feet match the bottom of Bob's boots? But, wouldn't that make Patty's arms even longer? I'm sure you didn't mean that, did you? Better rephrase your question. ;)

Semantics aside, anything that extends the apparent length of the arms, whether they are gloves or mechanical finger benders, are arm extensions. So finally after having asked Kit several times whether Bob's fingers were inserted into the gloves of the CC costume, it appears the answer is no. So then Kit, have you FINALLY admitted that you think Bob's fingers were NOT inside Patty's gloves? So much for the "wrist band" being on Bob's wrist, right demon? When I compiled my list of Bob describing the suit, #4 was "No hand extensions". How come Kit didn't fix that one? And what does Bob have to say on this matter?

You do realize this places tight restrictions on the placement of the elbow? Maybe we are making some progress after all. :)

Here's Kit's scaled version of Bob & Patty.

BH_armlength-1.png

Yep, those are massive gloves on Patty. Remarkably, the gloves appear to be approx. 80% the length of Bob's entire arm. That is if Kit scaled Bob correctly.

no what i meant was if your expecting people to think the measurements are accurate, at least but the little blue line in the right place.

SweatyYeti

Giganto, in your graphic...regarding the length of the short horizontal line on Patty....aren't you failing to account for Patty's large 'body width'...and the large 'angle-of-view'??

I added a couple of images of Patty, seen from a rear view, to the comparison....and...overlaid Bob, on Patty's wide body...

PattyRV352Bob2ArmLengthCompAG2AFade4.gif

One thing to note, about the first 'rear view' image of Patty....her shoulder width appears slightly narrower than in the other RV image...due to the brightness of the background, around her.

It's the same effect as in Frame 72, with Patty's foot. The white areas are 'blooming', over into the darker areas.

In the Rear View Frame with a darker background around Patty...her shoulders appear slightly wider, and more square.

In the overlay of Bob and Patty...Patty's shoulder-width appears to be a few inches wider than Bob's, per side.

So, with his shoulder about 3" inboard of Patty's 'apparent shoulder'....along with the extra width of the upper-torso....how then does Bob's arm, swung forward, manage to show the length that it does, without an unnatural bend in the upper-arm.....and how can there be as much 'open space' between the upper-arm and the side of the body....as there is, in this image?...

PattyPattyBobArmLengthGapMontage1.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti

Just responding to jerrywayne's comment, but I'll rephrase the question for you. Do you think that Paddy's lower leg and foot look real, kinda real, fake, or kinda fake?

I miss the similarity between these...

scan.jpg

and these.

PattysButtView5.jpg

What do you believe the band that runs horizontally across the middle of Paddy's lower leg is.

Think it's safe to say, that everyone gets a post ignored from time to time. No offence was intended.

Wow, What a catch! You are one observant man. The closer we (well, mostly you guys who have thorough knowledge about all of this) examine the PGF, the more genuine it becomes.

How could anyone 50 years ago create something with all of this correct underlying anatomy?

Seriously, I don't see how PGF could be a man created creature suit anymore. I sometimes thought it could be a suit due to the knowlegable posters we are blessed to have here as members, and they do have very convincing reasons for their beliefs, but after recognizing how the underlying musculature is clearly displayed, I'm back on the "It's real" side, and Patty, along with all of her relatives, do exist in woodlands around the entire world.

What method are you using, in trying to post images, susiq?

Here is one way of doing it. You can click on the 'Insert Image' button....

InsertImage1.jpg

...and then paste into the 'Insert Image Box' that pops-up, the 'URL' address, for the image.

I use a different method. I simply 'copy and paste' the 'IMG' code...for the image I want to post...from my Photobucket page, directly into the 'Reply Window/Box'.

This is what the 'IMG' Code looks like, pasted into the Reply Window...(before the reply is 'submitted')...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/SweatyYeti/Patty%20and%20Bob/PG%20Film/InsertImage1.jpg[//IMG]

Edited to add: I added an extra 'forward-slash' to the 'IMG Code' closing bracket...so the image, itself, wouldn't appear.

Thank you. Now I can expand my computer abilities. You are a sweetie, and I appreciate your help.

Giganto, in your graphic...regarding the length of the short horizontal line on Patty....aren't you failing to account for Patty's large 'body width'...and the large 'angle-of-view'??

Sweaty, you're right that the horiz line should be shorter on Patty due to the angle of view, however, 1 point is on the front of the shoulder joint of Bob and the other is in the middle of Patty's sizable arm at shoulder joint level. The physical distances are actually different, but Patty's line is foreshortened so they look about the same. That said, I agree that this exercise doesn't address the discrepancies between their girth. I'll leave that one to you. ;)

Since we are testing whether Bob's arms fit inside Patty, and given the scaling that Kit chose, all we can do is approximate the height of Patty's shoulder joint in the middle of her arm. I rotated her image so her torso is aligned vertically like Bob's. Then we can spin her 360 degrees and her shoulder joint should remain the same vertical height from her eyes as Bob's. After we locate Patty's shoulder joint we can estimate where Bob's arm must have been in the suit.

It turns out Bob's arms come up way short. But this all depends on how foreshortened Bob's arm is, how tipped his head is and whether Kit scaled them correctly. Kit has all but admitted Patty's arms are longer than Bob's so he is committed to arm extensions, which Bob never mentioned. Hand extensions are one thing but you can't hide the elbows and they don't appear to match.

At the very least Kit should rescale Bob and Patty so that their elbows match up. But then the rest of Bob would likely be grossly overscaled. No problem tho, I'm certain he'll ignore it or trump it with more hearsay. Must be some sort of Voodoo at work here. :ph34r:

PBeaton

One week, the wrong colour hair, and Phil was able to achieve something pretty important. No arm extensions necessary and BH in a suit can match Patty's proportions...

PattyBob352CompAG2Fade1.gif

I'm excited to see what Phil and I will be able to do with proper time, materials, and planning. No matter what, it should be fun and educational.

kitakaze,

Just because these two images have similar arm lengths, doesn't mean much. I've mentioned this in the past, the image of guy in suit is much closer to camera than the P/G subject. It's quite simple to see.

Pat...

ps; Regardin' your effort to recreate the subject filmed, I do wish ya the best of luck with it. As for comin' out with a DVD, don't you think that would be a loss to your wallet ?

xspider1

That animated gif of CC Bob to Patty transforms just about as one would expect it to, i.e., very realistic creature to costume that is supposed to look like said creature but fails in every aspect - no surprise. How anyone could think that the CC costume is evidence that the PGF could have been faked is beyond me. jmo, of course! : B

SweatyYeti

Thank you. Now I can expand my computer abilities. You are a sweetie, and I appreciate your help.

You're very welcome, susiq.. :) I'm glad I could help. If you need any further assistance, down the road....feel free to ask!

And, if you're not using a 'Image Hosting' website already...I'd recommend Photobucket. You can register for free....and the site is very easy to use.

SweatyYeti

Sweaty, you're right that the horiz line should be shorter on Patty due to the angle of view, however, 1 point is on the front of the shoulder joint of Bob and the other is in the middle of Patty's sizable arm at shoulder joint level. The physical distances are actually different, but Patty's line is foreshortened so they look about the same. That said, I agree that this exercise doesn't address the discrepancies between their girth. I'll leave that one to you. ;)

Since we are testing whether Bob's arms fit inside Patty, and given the scaling that Kit chose, all we can do is approximate the height of Patty's shoulder joint in the middle of her arm. I rotated her image so her torso is aligned vertically like Bob's. Then we can spin her 360 degrees and her shoulder joint should remain the same vertical height from her eyes as Bob's. After we locate Patty's shoulder joint we can estimate where Bob's arm must have been in the suit.

It turns out Bob's arms come up way short. But this all depends on how foreshortened Bob's arm is, how tipped his head is and whether Kit scaled them correctly. Kit has all but admitted Patty's arms are longer than Bob's so he is committed to arm extensions, which Bob never mentioned. Hand extensions are one thing but you can't hide the elbows and they don't appear to match.

I've put together a couple of graphics, to go along with a response to your post, Giganto...but it's too late for me to write much of anything, right now. So I'll respond tomorrow. :)

At the very least Kit should rescale Bob and Patty so that their elbows match up. But then the rest of Bob would likely be grossly overscaled.

No problem tho, I'm certain he'll ignore it or trump it with more hearsay. Must be some sort of Voodoo at work here. :ph34r:

I'm certain....you're right... :lol: