Sign in to follow this  

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

gershake

Bill, if whatever it is you're speaking about doesn't work out, will you be able at least afterwards to say what it was about?

Shake

:)

Bill

Patterson got the basic suit already made by a man who has come forward, a man and his wife, a man who made many more costumes than you ever did, but you choose not to talk to.him/them. So is it surprising that you don't know how the suit was made? The cost? Patterson probably got it for free (using money he got from Radford) and apparently added some spare parts that he got from the maker and could have scrounged up. You say he didn't have a shop but he clearly did have a workshop and he did have the ability to get people to help him for free if needed. He also had lots of free time, imagination, artistic and construction ability. The big payday was in sight. The suit is not perfect as many can see in the stabilized versions and gifs now available.

You don't know how it was made. Fine. That is your problem. Or maybe it's not a problem for you. With all due respect, this was not a Hollywood production with makeup crews building this and set designers buiding that. This was not your world. This was a glorified home movie. Phillip Morris has a pretty good idea of how it was made. Maybe we should listen to him.

Well if it can not be duplicated today, even with better materials, then I can't really see your point.........

Edited by Jodie

Let's take this one step at a time. This was not a stock Morris gorilla mask. This was not a horse hide mask. This had to be a moulded rubber/latex mask. It had a nose and lips and a very distinctive hair pattern. You do not cobble together a mask like this. IMO, the final product had to be moulded rubber/latex. Roger wasn't into this, was he? This was not leather. Have a look at my avatar. This required a 3rd party that did NOT include Morris.

Bill

Shake:

"Bill, if whatever it is you're speaking about doesn't work out, will you be able at least afterwards to say what it was about?"

The evidence I have now, which strongly suggests what I keep referring to, does exist. Ultimately, yeah, that could be revealed, and if I personally hit a dead end, most likely I will open it up for others to try investigating.

What I did was make a connection between some material that seemed totally irrelevant to the PGF itself, and some research interviews done over a decade ago by another researcher, wherein a man described something which was technically impossible to be the PGf, so the remarks were dismissed as just a wild and baseless claim. But the combination of the two elements (the old claim and the new research) makes an odd connection justifying a whole new line of serious investigation.

The question now is, is there more evidence still existing to further develop this line of reasoning?

But I do apologize to one and all for the apparent suspense.

Bill

I will say this, and I don't necessarily think this applies to Patty, I'm just throwing it out there because we did have these materials back in the 1960's......pantyhose. You might be able to pull this off with a big woman in a leotard/tights/pantyhose if you knew how to sew the hair in. It could have been human hair sewn in like wig makers do with human hair and trimmed. Then a soft sculpture mask could have been made much like the cabbage patch doll, but boy howdy, you want to talk about time consuming!!! It's right up there with sewing sequins on a prom dress and it would cost a fortune to have human hair sewn into a body stocking. So did he have the time, the skill, or the money to do it? Doubt it seriously.

xspider1

Patterson probably got it for free (using money he got from Radford) and apparently added some spare parts that he got from the maker and could have scrounged up.

With all due respect, parnassus, that is just about the most ambiguous statement I've seen here in years...

Phillip Morris has a pretty good idea of how it was made.

He does?? I haven't heard any good ideas about how it was made from Phil yet. Maybe he's waiting for the 50th anniversary to set the record straight.

If Phil knew how even a decent Bigfoot costume could be made out of a gorilla costume and some 'scrounged up spare parts', don't you think he would offer a Bigfoot costume among the hundreds of other costumes they have for sale online? I certainly do.

Edited by xspider1

Guest ThePattyArcade

I don't understand what re-creating Patty today is going to prove. Today's special effects are advanced enough almost any animal (real or imaginary) can be replicated. You could make an animatronic gorilla that looked pretty real, but it doesn't mean real gorillas don't exist.

If someone manages to replicate Patty with materials that weren't available in the 60/70s, then the recreation is pretty meaningless (unless Roger Patterson owned a time machine)....

I think it would be more beneficial for someone to try to recreate Patty with materials that were only available at time the PGF was filmed.

For example...

Buy the exact same camera that Roger Patterson used. Pick one of the materials Bob H described that Roger P used to make the "suit" (i.e horse hair). Make the suit (under Bob H supervision, since he is the one who claims to have worn it) Get a tall bloke willing to put a suit on. Then go to Bluff Creek and film it and see if the result is anything like the PGF film.

Just my thoughts.... :)

Edited by ThePattyArcade

Thepattywagon

Bob Heironimus said there was no inner suit, even though he thought there were waders, football pads, a helmet, and for all we know a family of 'Possums under that fur.

Any attempt at replicating what is on the film will require bulking up the thighs, calves and arms, in ADDITION to whatever the shoulder pads succeed in improving her appearance. Let's see Morris recreate Patty without exploiting today's technology. Good luck, Phil.

Oh, and don't forget to paint the bottoms of her feet white. It was common knowledge in '67 that no self respecting Sasquatch would dare go out in black bottomed feet.

Incorrigible1

Bob Heironimus said there was no inner suit, even though he thought there were waders, football pads, a helmet, and for all we know a family of 'Possums under that fur.

Any attempt at replicating what is on the film will require bulking up the thighs, calves and arms, in ADDITION to whatever the shoulder pads succeed in improving her appearance. Let's see Morris recreate Patty without exploiting today's technology. Good luck, Phil.

Oh, and don't forget to paint the bottoms of her feet white. It was common knowledge in '67 that no self respecting Sasquatch would dare go out in black bottomed feet.

And stick your glass eye slightly beneath the expected eye location, so as to preserve a secret, clandestine knowledge to prove one's complicity some four decades later. Hell, what didja expect? I mean, it's simply a natch the secret info would necessarily tumble forth through a book by some dude named Long, eh? Pshaw.

Guest LAL

And the IM index! Don't forget the IM index! Probably racking would be the best way to stretch them arms. That could separate the shoulder joints, too, for that 12"-farther-apart look. If that doesn't work, break the humeri. Spare no expense.

Guest demon

No-one has even come close to re-creating the realistic features that we see on Patty, Susiq. :) Dfoot included.

The only thing he ever accomplished was to make 'static sculptures' of Patty's body....and, without replicating the most significant feature....the 'Elbow position/reach', that Patty has.

To date, any and all pictures and videos of 'men in suits'...(seen under conditions comparable to Patty)....are flat-out unambiguous. They wouldn't make a person wonder what they're seeing for 43 seconds...let alone 43 years...(and counting).

Now, as for this comparison...which kit continues to cling to......for dear life... :lol: ...

PattyBob352CompAG2Fade1.gif

...it does not contain any information regarding the location of Bob's elbow.

Here is a comparison, with information, regarding the elbows...

PattyBobElbowComp77.jpg

The comparison of Bob and Patty shows that with Bob's scaling adjusted so his elbow is close to, but still not equal to, the position that Patty's elbow reaches down to....his 'body height' is seriously OVER-scaled.

And, it's in similar fashion to Dfoot's suit "recreation"...information regarding the position of Dfoot's elbow, is very limited, at best....and, as with Heironimus....it appears that Dfoot's upper-arm length/elbow-reach...comes up a tad short of Patty's...

PattyDfootPattyElbowCompAG1.gif

Don't be fooled by kitakaze's, and Dfoot's, over-simplified analysis, Susiq.

There's much more to be considered....in a thorough comparative analysis.

another post with the usual dots xs and lines..you forgot the red circle round that 100% padded rear, in no way can anyone say thats anything but stuffed with padding it looks totally fake.not even close to a real creature.

SweatyYeti

another post with the usual dots xs and lines..you forgot the red circle round that 100% padded rear, in no way can anyone say thats anything but stuffed with padding it looks totally fake.not even close to a real creature.

And, very soon I'll be posting more graphics, relating to this image of Patty...

PattyBobElbowArmComp56.jpg

....showing why Bob's upper-arm cannot possibly replicate the combination of ....angle...length...and straightness of Patty's upper-arm, as seen in that particular Frame.

It is a physical impossibility for Heironimus to have been Patty. :D

Guest demon

And, very soon I'll be posting more graphics, relating to this image of Patty...

PattyBobElbowArmComp56.jpg

....showing why Bob's upper-arm cannot possibly replicate the combination of ....angle...length...and straightness of Patty's upper-arm, as seen in that particular Frame.

It is a physical impossibility for Heironimus to have been Patty. :D

in your opinion. many others would disagree including myself.and still its not a real rear end.not even remotely close.these close ups make it even more laughable to look at it and say ooh yes thats definitely a real creature.All this roger couldn't have done it with the materials of the time.clearly he did as there's the evidence walking across,and doing the on cue turn to the camera pose.

Guest LAL

This looks totally fake too.

Steatopygia.jpg