Sign in to follow this  

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

The shadow of the right arm is constantly casting shadows on the right leg.

Meant to say the "The shadow of the right arm is constantly being casted on the right leg."

Edited by Gigantofootecus

Good eye Harry. The shadow of the right arm is constantly casting shadows on the right leg.

305_319_legs.gif

ETA: If someone is willing to assume the same approx. body posture as Patty, a line can be estimated from the shadow of the right hand on the calf muscle to the right hand. Plot these 2 points on the wall and you have your sun angle (relative to the floor). This altitude angle can be tested against the time of day, 1:30PM PDST Oct 20th 1967 at Bluff Creek, to look for discrepancies. If'n you like.

Your animation shows this shadow play better than I have ever seen. Great job.

Toes:

Pattys-foot.gif

Not even close, factoring in the "slight angle" of the foot or otherwise. IMO

Romano, are you suggesting that Patty's feet did not make the tracks?

Your animation shows this shadow play better than I have ever seen. Great job.

Did you guys see where she brushes her hand along her leg as she walks? To me, that is a natural movement for her.

Did you guys see where she brushes her hand along her leg as she walks? To me, that is a natural movement for her.

Yes, I believe that that is a logical explanation for the line in her fur that we are all familiar with, and so many debate.

Hi Susiq2,

You have mentioned a couple of times, the thigh where you believe that Paddy has rubbed the hair off her leg. There is certainly nothing wrong with commenting on, or wanting to discuss that subject, but just so you know, it has been cussed and discussed ad nauseam on this board. If you are interested in checking our some of the discussions, here are two threads you might want to check out if you haven't already done so: :)

PGF The Film Itself

Patty And The Subducting Thigh Line

Thank you so much for that information. I have only been a member for a short time, and thanks to you, I now know where to look. :D Hugs for your assistance!

wiiawiwb

Let's be honest here. Skeptics and believers can surely both agree the BBC recreation (or demonstration as Bill calls it) doesn't look anything like the Patterson-Gimlin (those are their names right?) film!

Regardless, I have watched scientific analysis done on the "gait" of the creature and the film, and using a fit athlete they were unable to recreate the movements of the creature. It was a pretty thorough investigation from what I remember. Not sure what possible holes there could have been in their research, but it seemed pretty convincing. That and all of the evidence of "moving muscles" etc.

The gait recreations I've seen were done in a controlled environment on predictable surfaces. I'd like to see a fit athlete try to do it on a sand bar, into which he sinks, while wearing a full, and heavy suit, of some type.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Guest Thepattywagon

Even if the suit itself could be replicated, there are other logistical hurdles to be cleared, such as Wiiawiwb mentions above.

Patty never once hesitates or appears unsure of her footing in the film. Her stride and free arm swing both look natural to me. The lookback sequence is as graceful as one could ask for from an animal negotiating uneven terrain. I just can't imagine a one eyed man, whose good eye sits at least an inch inside a mask, doing that without compromising his walking rhythm as well as his ability to see out of the mask during the lookback.

A tough order considering Bob only had one shot at it.

Guest gershake

I'm fairly new to the bigfoot subject so most people here have a far bigger background knowledge than myself, and I'd like to know a) who said that Bob only got to do one take for the film and B) what that person said as to why he only got one? Time/material constraints?? Bob refusing to do more takes for only 1,000 $??

- Shake

:)

Guest LAL

I'm fairly new to the bigfoot subject so most people here have a far bigger background knowledge than myself, and I'd like to know a) who said that Bob only got to do one take for the film and B) what that person said as to why he only got one? Time/material constraints?? Bob refusing to do more takes for only 1,000 $??

- Shake

:)

Roger was running out of film on roll 1. Roll two shows him casting tracks. Unless there was a roll 1b, there was only enough film left on the first roll for one take.

Guest gershake

The short editing time sucks so much :/ when I said cool.gif it was meant to be B), not a sunglasses smiley. (I'm also used to the sunglasses smiley being created by 8))

(It's also almost impossible to use both a smiley and it's character combination in one post without both being displayed as either smilies or text!)

Guest gershake

Thanks LAL. So no oral testimony about that? Then who says that they didn't practise it any number of times before shooting the film?

Thanks LAL. So no oral testimony about that? Then who says that they didn't practise it any number of times before shooting the film?

No evidence has turned up to support any practice runs. Doesn't mean they didn't, but it helps the proponents argument.

Guest gershake

Well I'm on the fence leaning towards proponent, but I don't understand the argument that they didn't do any test runs because where is the evidence that they didn't? Missing footprints in the creekbed?

Edited by gershake