Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

Thanks LAL. So no oral testimony about that? Then who says that they didn't practise it any number of times before shooting the film?

Consider Roger had been shooting a documentary using his friends in the scenes. John Green suggested when Long's book came out that Roger could have shot a reenactment - it was the style of the times. Nothing nefarious about renting or buying a suit for that. Some of John Green's thoughts on the book here.

According to Bob Gimlin, Roger had set the documentary aside by the time they went to Bluff Creek. He has also said there were only two people at Bluff Creek that day. Heironimus' story just doesn't hold up.

Guest Fister Crunchman

Sorry, that's not really the answer to my question... I'm as skeptical of Bob H.'s story as anyone. :D

It's Bob Hieronimous himself who says there was only one dress rehersal, at Roger's place in Tampico, and that there was no trial walk or pilot filming etc at Bluff Creek, just BH walking once along the sandbar with Roger filming it. Just as seen in the wonderful footage.

Bit hard to believe Bob Hieronimous on this and other points. But if anyone here doubts that Ol' Bob was the Bigfoot at Bluff Creek, see the quotation from investigative journalist Greg Long in my signature, to set you right.

Fister

Edited by Fister Crunchman

Guest Fister Crunchman

Did Bob say that in Long's book? If so, any reasoning?

Yes, he says it unequivocally in Long's book. I'll post the page references tomorrow. I think I recall he also says so in a really good interview where the 'co-panelists' are MK Davis and Greg Long and Phil Morris which is available on the web. I can't bring the host's name to mind---- anyone?

Fister

Could someone use some red crayons to point out the "leg band" being referred to? And while we're at it, what is Patty's calf muscle supposed to be? Bob H said there was no padding in the legs, didn't he? In which case it must have been loose Morris gorilla fabric over hipwaders right? So is the calf a bulge/fold in the hipwaders? Or is it Bob's monstrous calf bulging thru the hipwaders? Which is it?

Since you think the PGF is a hoax, how about you try explaining what the calf bulge is? Just pretend Bob Heironimus doesn't exist and have at it.

Did you guys see where she brushes her hand along her leg as she walks? To me, that is a natural movement for her.

Susiq2,

A frame that suggests that it is not her hand that causes the line on Paddy's thigh.

PattyWidthFingerBendingAG1.gif

Yes.

You do realize that Patty's feet making the trackway doesn't mean she was a real sasquatch, right?

The feet had toes. They were the same shape and length as the tracks with the same step length. Patty left tracks. But instead of using those tracks, with the same foot shape and stride length, Roger wiped them all out and made new tracks. Is this what you are suggesting?

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

To answer the thread question: No, we're evidently not able to recreate the PGF. Otherwise, a valid recreation would have surely been performed by now, at this late date.

Since you think the PGF is a hoax, how about you try explaining what the calf bulge is? Just pretend Bob Heironimus doesn't exist and have at it.

It's a got-dang anomaly is what it is! That is if Bob was in the suit because he never mentioned leg padding, did he? It could be fancy padding otherwise. I do wonder about some of Bob's glaring discrepancies regarding the suit.

These anomalies are what keep me interested in the PGF. This hoax is riddled with em.

You do realize that Patty's feet making the trackway doesn't mean she was a real sasquatch, right?

The feet had toes. They were the same shape and length as the tracks with the same step length. Patty left tracks. But instead of using those tracks, with the same foot shape and stride length, Roger wiped them all out and made new tracks. Is this what you are suggesting?

Gigantofooticus, what I said is based simply and exclusively on the photo that LAL posted:

Pattys-foot.gif

Comparing the two frames, the arrangement of the toes is different on each, not to mention difference in the rest of the foot. Do they not appear different to you? I know there are two angles to be compensated for as far as Paddy's foot is concerned, but I don't see how compensating for both angles fixes the problem with the toes. (The relation of the big toe to the second toe is very different in each frame) Even if it did, how can anyone post these two images and imply that they are a match?