Sign in to follow this  

Are We Able To Recreate Pgf Today?

Gigantofooticus, what I said is based simply and exclusively on the photo that LAL posted:

Pattys-foot.gif

Comparing the two frames, the arrangement of the toes is different on each, not to mention difference in the rest of the foot. Do they not appear different to you? I know there are two angles to be compensated for as far as Paddy's foot is concerned, but I don't see how compensating for both angles fixes the problem with the toes. (The relation of the big toe to the second toe is very different in each frame) Even if it did, how can anyone post these two images and imply that they are a match?

They each have 5 toes don't they? :P But seriously, you're right the camera angles were different. And do you think that the toes couldn't move around? They were obviously flexible and even costume feet would change shape as they dug into the ground. The feet DID make some tracks, after all. This is about whether Roger went to the King Kong effort to replace them...with tracks "almost" the same as the costume feet. Personally, I think simplest is bestest. Let the guy in the suit leave the tracks. You can add a few more to cast later without having to replace the originals. IMO, creating tracks that look dynamic was probably not so easy. And some of the tracks appear to have been made by a moving foot.

Laverty_Track_Cast_Views.jpg

Guest LAL

Gigantofooticus, what I said is based simply and exclusively on the photo that LAL posted:

Pattys-foot.gif

Comparing the two frames, the arrangement of the toes is different on each, not to mention difference in the rest of the foot. Do they not appear different to you? I know there are two angles to be compensated for as far as Paddy's foot is concerned, but I don't see how compensating for both angles fixes the problem with the toes. (The relation of the big toe to the second toe is very different in each frame) Even if it did, how can anyone post these two images and imply that they are a match?

Dr. Meldrum did note the skew in the caption. Note the shape of the outside edge of the foot in the photo and in the cast. I posted a scan from his book.

Perhaps I should mention Dr. Meldrum specializes in primate foot anatomy in case anyone doesn't know that.

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Needs just a tad stiffer musculature in the back so I vote "classic fail". Fashionable color though :)

Also, seen tighter fitting suits, in burlap bags with holes cut in them. :blink:

SweatyYeti

Bob's best:

Thanks for the laugh, Lu... :lol:

I think I owe Bob a (minor) apology...I had made fun of how goofy his left hand looks, hanging down, in the 3rd Frame...but, after seeing the next frame in the sequence, I can see that it wasn't his hand....it was something on the ground, that just happened to line-up with his left arm...

BobHolyCowCampBatman2.jpg

So sorry, Bob....but, I'll still be making fun of your suit, nonetheless! :lol:

bipedalist
BFF Patron

Do I detect thigh pads or suit bunching on that right thigh......or perhaps some type of injury? :unsure:

Wheellug

Something wrong with the shoulders.. he should try putting on some football shoulder pads.. that might help.

Practice makes perfect! :rolleyes:

Edited by Wheellug

Incorrigible1

Do I detect thigh pads or suit bunching on that right thigh......or perhaps some type of injury? :unsure:

Bob carries his wallet in his front pocket. He has ever since Roger P failed to pay him the $1000.

xspider1

That's funny! In the second image above, the face looks green. Oh my gosh, BF is a martian! :blush:

Guest LAL

I'd forgotten how smooth and natural the movement is. He didn't need to practice; he always walked that way.

The .gif, BTW, was originally on Kal Korff's site.

Incorrigible1

I'd forgotten how smooth and natural the movement is. He didn't need to practice; he always walked that way.

The .gif, BTW, was originally on Kal Korff's site.

And yet some would lump both Bob H's preposterous saunter and the PGF into the same category. Yikes, they can't see the differences and I guess I can't see the similarity, and evidently, never the twain shall meet.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest LAL

And yet some would lump both Bob H's preposterous saunter and the PGF into the same category. Yikes, they can't see the differences and I guess I can't see the similarity, and evidently, never the twain shall meet.

The skepticals need polishing.

kitakaze

Bob carries his wallet in his front pocket. He has ever since Roger P failed to pay him the $1000.

Maybe Roger used the money during the three entire weeks he was at Bluff Creek in October. But wait, that's according to Gimlin. Roger said they came down just the previous Saturday on October 14. Maybe Roger used part of the money for the medical bills for the injured foot he produced the bent stirrup and limp for Al Hodgson and Syl McCoy. Nope. No good - Gimlin said it never happened. Maybe the money was for a helicopter to allow them to get to Eureka to mail the film and then be in Willow Creek for just after 6:00 pm. Wait, they said they drove. Well, that's impossible. Maybe it was the money was for chartering a plane to fly on a storm night that four interviewed pilots wouldn't fly in. Maybe the money was for making the Palo Alto Kodak facility open on the weekend. Oops - no record of that.

$1000 can't seem to make the impossible possible.

kitakaze

The skepticals need polishing.

The believers need a miracle.

Incorrigible1

The believers need a miracle.

They've a film.

what is it you have? An extremely poorly conducted interview that led to a fairly pathetic book? Your own work? Heh! We've seen nothing of it and yet been fed full of a peck o' promises.

Got anything else? Oh, I must wait for your (promised) television extrordinare, eh? Eh, grown tired for promises. Put up or shut up at some point. When's that? However long Kit can continue to keep the charade? Maybe.

Edited by Incorrigible1