Jacobs Juvenile Revisited

Guest VioletX

Mangy Bear vs Chimp torso and legs compared to photo in post #5.

The link is for the other photo, some see it as a headstand, others as the bear outlined.

(I cannot find the pix of chimp and bear that are perfectly like the photo in # 5...)

salubrious

Ok- really? My brain must be wired different or something. I just don't see it.

Thanks for the pics and link Violet. Did you do the outline, synopsis thing yourself in the link?

I think applying some simple statistical analysis i.e. the laws of probability will not conclusively prove it to be a bear but it shows a bear to be the most likely outcome for the figure in the photos.

1. Bear with cubs noted in area in days leading up to the two pics

2. Bear cubs noted in area a half hour before first pic

3. What looks very much like a bears face looking back at the camera see VioletX link a couple of posts back (possibly with eyes closed/blinked hence no or minimal eye shine?)

4. 36secs between the two pics, one which shows a bear, or an as yet unidentified animal doing a very good bear impression

= most likely a bear.

If i was feeling particularly benevolent I would give you 'inconclusive at absolute best', but I'm not so my best guess given the evidence that science currently presents me with is that yes you guessed it, it's a bear! A mangy one that gets itself into some odd (to the uninitiated) but not impossible positions but a bear all the same... probably! :)

Edited by Gruffalo

Guest baboonpete

I've been around as long as anyone and regard the Jacobs juvy as the best evidence ever, bar none.

Sorry, but that's just funny. We now know Squatchy is a bear. A mangy one at that.

First I have to ask is there any Sasquatch evidence you believe in? Because if there is none I would just be wasting my time and your arteries.

maybe it's not about belief, as much as evidence...

You're right James, and like I told Bipto the increased brain activity from innovative thinking can actually make you smarter, more energetic, more creative, more sociable, and more open to new experiences and change.

Keep that mind open!

Not to the point of making stuff up.

So- how do people get 'bear' out of these images?

By looking at it

Guest VioletX

Ok- really? My brain must be wired different or something. I just don't see it.

Which one do you not see? The outline or the body comparisons? Not sure what you are referring to.

I think the body comparisons show enough similarity to make the Jacobs photos interesting anyway.

Thanks for the pics and link Violet. Did you do the outline, synopsis thing yourself in the link?

I think applying some simple statistical analysis i.e. the laws of probability will not conclusively prove it to be a bear but it shows a bear to be the most likely outcome for the figure in the photos.

1. Bear with cubs noted in area in days leading up to the two pics

2. Bear cubs noted in area a half hour before first pic

3. What looks very much like a bears face looking back at the camera see VioletX link a couple of posts back (possibly with eyes closed/blinked hence no or minimal eye shine?)

4. 36secs between the two pics, one which shows a bear, or an as yet unidentified animal doing a very good bear impression

= most likely a bear.

If i was feeling particularly benevolent I would give you 'inconclusive at absolute best', but I'm not so my best guess given the evidence that science currently presents me with is that yes you guessed it, it's a bear! A mangy one that gets itself into some odd (to the uninitiated) but not impossible positions but a bear all the same... probably! :)

I agree for the most part Gruff, but still to me the legs in the outline picture are not right. No, I did not make the outline, I need to learn how to do that someday ; )

Edited by VioletX

salubrious

Which one do you not see? The outline or the body comparisons? Not sure what you are referring to.

What I don't see is how anyone gets 'bear' out of that. The legs are way too long for a bear! If you met that bear, it would be like twice the height of a normal bear, all in the legs. The way I see it, if one were being sceptical, would be to claim its a person in a suit rather than a bear. At least then the proportions of leg length and arm length would not be weird. For a bear its just wrong.

Guest VioletX

Sal, I found this, I am on the fence about this one...what bothers me is the elbow bend, in the original, does not seem right for a bear.

creaturebearbones.jpg

What I don't see is how anyone gets 'bear' out of that. The legs are way too long for a bear! If you met that bear, it would be like twice the height of a normal bear, all in the legs. The way I see it, if one were being sceptical, would be to claim its a person in a suit rather than a bear. At least then the proportions of leg length and arm length would not be weird. For a bear its just wrong.

not for me. one leg full stretch (lookers left) the other compressed and turned in under weight. As though mid movement. maybe springing/recoiling to it's right? the other pic stood up on hind legs (and as if by magic) like Violets pic above. Not beyond the realms of possibility and far more likely for me than a hoax or an ape. Especially considering that previously mentioned bear that appears 36secs after the above pic.

Edited by Gruffalo

It's a skinny, mangy bear. An odd looking one, at that. I spent a lot of time on the fence (at first) , over the photos. Why ? I wasn't familiar with just how a bear in such a state. could really look.

salubrious

The photo just above here is not the photo of post #2, and if the same as the photo of post #5, is heavily doctored. Let's assume that the two are not the same creature so we can examine them on individual merits. The post #2 photo has the creature looking nearly ready to do a headstand (Yoga) and its face is looking at the camera with the top of its head on the ground. Its clearly not a bear.

Photo of post #5 has legs too long even for a mangy bear (unless mangy bears also have longer legs than normal bears). Photo #3 of this thread has some photoshop work done and makes an argument until you see that its actually supposed to be the same photo as in post 5. Then you see that the photoshop work distorted the perspective.

If people were saying it was a person in a suit I would still be lurking. But if that's a bear its either got severe birth defects or its is a new kind of bear previously not known. IOW, its a real stretch to make that look like a bear. Another possibility is that my brain is wired different, which is entirely possible. IOW I will accept it could be a person in a suit but no-one can convince me of it being a bear. The part of my brain that says 'bear' when I see a bear says 'no' when I try to make this a bear.

Gruffalo, a bear may be most likely because we know they exist if it didn't have odd features. The history doesn't equal bear either. This Jacobs creature has broke the world record with a 91 year history of sightings in a few square miles.

Based on evidence it was a juvenile Sasquatch. I'm not worried if I'm politically correct or not. My career is not on the line, they wouldn't even take away my tranquilliser gun.

VioletX I was shown this video below and your picture is at 1:53. I agree with this video. They didn't show the entire skeleton, they had to scale just a portion because a bear skeleton wouldn't match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74oHF-RCjk

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
To repair link

yowiie

ours-maladie.jpg

gorilla_walking.jpg

http://bp2.blogger.c...400/jacobs2.bmp

link to Bear outline, would not post here...

Take a look at the length of the legs on the bear in this picture, they appear to be of around the same length, if anything I would say the front leg is slightly longer thatn the rear.

Now go to post 5 and have a look at the limbs on this animal. The limb proprtions are way different. The arms are quite a lot shorter than the legs which are in human proportions, there is just no comparison.

Its a Sas

Edited by yowiie

Yowie, I know these pictures were investigated inside and out. The most usable measurements were the front arm that was 22 inches and the trunk at 18 3/4 inches. That is not possible for a bear.

The definition for insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome.

I have offered significant new data to consider in this case. If that offends the skeptics then so be it.

Guest VioletX

What did I do wrong with that link?

MIB took it.

Another thought is to consider what the animal is doing in the headstand one, does anyone who has studied bears think that bears will do such a thing, seems pretty Squatchy to me. I would like to see a photo with a bear in that awkward position,if we are considering the forward "outline" picture, my dog could not do that.

Maybe a bear can do that, I dunno, still on the fence, but am thinking iit could be a BF,.

Edited by VioletX