Jacobs Juvenile Revisited

Giganto, that's your story tell it how you like I know better.

They were there you weren't. They knew where the feet were, they measured models focused in the game camera, and they were scientists not the three stooges. This is factual documented evidence, not us guys playing with photoshop at home.

VioletX, Here's a good one I just found, you got to check out 3:23 that big ear was a big mistake!

Edited by Kerry

Cervelo

I found the pic online with the drawing on it.

What's it most likley a momma bear with one of her cubs underneath with her foot in an odd position or a juvi Bigfoot doing yoga?

I vote bear ;)

I'm not sure what the hump is Giganto but it's not part of that creature. It don't even make sense for a bear to look like that photo with a hump there.

Guest VioletX

:fan: Good find Kerry, that was a super cool animation, I actually had been trying to find a video of a person going from down dog to a crouch lunge stance, since that was how I had seen the progression, but that is far better than anything I have found.

Why was this originally debunked, foot size or superficial mangy bear resemblance?

I'm not sure what the hump is Giganto but it's not part of that creature. It don't even make sense for a bear to look like that photo with a hump there.

I don't care what the hump is too much, maybe it is the original bear cubs cowering behind the Sas or maybe playing with him ; o }

Walking-Monkey-1396761.jpg

note: you cannot tell back foot size when it is obscured by grass

Edited by VioletX

VioletX, This was never proven to be a bear, because it's not. The Pennsylvania Game Commision had an angry mob demanding an answer. People were scared and rightfully so, they had a young girl disappear forever were this thing stood and multiple sightings of a large beast. They had to come up with some answer so they blamed the most likely animal just like they denied the coyote and now they deny cougars but people there keep seeing cougars and Sasquatch on occasion.

I still respect Dr. Meldrums position on the Jacobs creature foot size. We can't compare it to a young Sasquatch until we get another good photo of one. If only little Jake would lift his foot up off the grass so we can see the bottom. Sasquatch feet probably start to grow during puberty, or look out mom the feet would be stuck.

Guest baboonpete

They were there you weren't. They knew where the feet were, they measured models focused in the game camera, and they were scientists not the three stooges. This is factual documented evidence, not us guys playing with photoshop at home.

VioletX, Here's a good one I just found, you got to check out 3:23 that big ear was a big mistake!

hasnt this particular shot been proven hoaxy?

They were there you weren't. They knew where the feet were, they measured models focused in the game camera, and they were scientists not the three stooges. This is factual documented evidence, not us guys playing with photoshop at home

Hmm, I've been a scientist for 30+ years. BF is my hobby. How would "being there" make any difference? I've seen their comparison photos, but I never saw much photogrammetry applied. This boils down to the 2 game cam photos and how to measure them. IMO, I saw no analysis that led me to believe these "scientists" followed proper protocol to accurately measure the images. They were obviously not photometrologists. But whatever their qualifications were, they got published, which is all that matters. I guess that proves it! :D

Guest VioletX

VioletX, This was never proven to be a bear, because it's not. The Pennsylvania Game Commision had an angry mob demanding an answer. People were scared and rightfully so, they had a young girl disappear forever were this thing stood and multiple sightings of a large beast. They had to come up with some answer so they blamed the most likely animal just like they denied the coyote and now they deny cougars but people there keep seeing cougars and Sasquatch on occasion.

I still respect Dr. Meldrums position on the Jacobs creature foot size. We can't compare it to a young Sasquatch until we get another good photo of one. If only little Jake would lift his foot up off the grass so we can see the bottom. Sasquatch feet probably start to grow during puberty, or look out mom the feet would be stuck.

Very Interesting...So this was not really debunked, just brushed aside by the BF community then?

@BP, I am not sure if that vid is hoaxed...cannot tell re; anatomical measurements, although the mechanics involved in position change look good. The vid was correct about ears...

Maybe GF has an opinion about the animation.

I found the pic online with the drawing on it.

What's it most likley a momma bear with one of her cubs underneath with her foot in an odd position or a juvi Bigfoot doing yoga?

I vote bear ;)

It is an earless mangy backwards footed Mama bear, bien sur Monsoir!

:tease:

Edited by VioletX

salubrious

Here's what I see a bear with a cub underneath..

63EE8851-A2EF-4093-8005-B0F1DA2DAB1B-2452-0000059014615443.jpg

Really? This one it seems like a stretch, not your usual method. However- this does explain to me that its possible for someone to 'see' a 'bear'. Trying as hard as I can though, I am apparently just not one of those people. I see a creature in a very different pose with not much to explain. Interestingly, Giganto has a different take on why he thinks its a bear. In both cases, I appreciate that you both have explained why you think its a bear. That is more than I have been able to discern on this topic in the past.

So now I have a conundrum. Obviously I don't see a bear at all. But they gave me a driver's license and a diploma and I've run a business in the field of my expertise for 36 years. So I'm not completely nuts. But I am very interested in the phenomena that makes me see what I see, or what it is that makes you see what you see. Right now I think its a sort of reverse pareidolia, in this case the unconscious brain (95% of the brain is unconscious) not wanting to acknowledge the reality as the implications might be too disturbing. That is a very real phenomena (I am not saying it *is* happening here, but I do think it is possible). I have the luxury (curse??) of having already seen these things close up, so that is not an option for my brain- it won't allow me to hide this info from myself. Of course, I have a different problem. Seeing this, its one of two things as suggested in the video above. Either its real or its someone in a suit hoaxing the camera.

Edited by salubrious

Very Interesting...So this was not really debunked, just brushed aside by the BF community then?

No, there was nothing more we could do with it. It came out inconclusive, but most likely a bear.

@BP, I am not sure if that vid is hoaxed...cannot tell re; anatomical measurements, although the mechanics involved in position change look good. The vid was correct about ears...

Maybe GF has an opinion about the animation.

The animlation is pure fiction. I could create a bear animation that would look equally convincing. At any rate, it ain't science.

SquatchinNY

Bear or Squatch, this vid has for a long time, and will be for a long time, debated over and over.

Edited by SquatchinNY

We are three pages in and, to my surprise, nobody has yet identified a baby bigfoot attached to the 'main' bigfoot.

SquatchinNY

Maybe it's a bearsquatch!

Sunflower

We can't even get a concensus about the juvenile let alone the tiny one on the ground. If you notice, neither one of them are colored like the real bear cubs that this game cam caught earlier.

There are eyes on that little face looking at the camera. Put this photo into an enhancement program and do it yourself. I've already exhausted my program with it and it's always better for others to do their own work.

Guest VioletX

^But Sunflower, isn't the round feature in the down dog posture the Sas's head? Where are yo seeing a baby?