What Should A Group Of Bigfoot Be Called?

I was listening to a Coast to Coast show on Youtube with guest Kathy Strain, and the topic of what to call a group of Bigfoot came up. I think this is an excellent topic for us to discuss here.

So, examples of other animal group names are as follows:

- Congregation of Alligators

- Murder of Crows

- Pride of Lions

- Troop of Gorillas

- Congress of Orangutans

You get the idea... I can't wait to read your suggestions and maybe come to a bit of a consensus.

Edited by Mounty

I was thinking something along the lines of:

- Enigma of Sasquatch

- Coalition of Bigfoot.

Something with some kind of meaning regarding history, development, character, behaviour etc...

Edited by Mounty

How about a "Development" of Sasquatch, as was alluded to in your previous post? This would actually make sense, since they appear to be solitary and a group of them would have to develop.

Personally, I'd prefer "troop."

A battery of bigfoot, a gaggle of gigantos, an aggregation of ape-men, a syndicate of sasquatch(I rather like this one), a band of boogers, a plethora of proto-humans, and finally, a posse of para-apes(just covering all the bases).

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Bonehead74, These are the kind of suggestions I'm looking for. Do you have any reason for these names other than alliteration? A Syndicate of Sasquatch has a nice ring to it.

Edited by Mounty

For some reason "herd of bigfoot" is amusing to me. By all accounts they herd us out of their territory so it seems practical to apply it to the group.

Battery and syndicate reflect their reported group coordination. For the others, no reason other than they roll off the tongue easily.

A battery of bigfoot, a gaggle of gigantos, an aggregation of ape-men, a syndicate of sasquatch(I rather like this one), a band of boogers, a plethora of proto-humans, and finally, a posse of para-apes(just covering all the bases).

Band of Boogers? Hilarious!

I personally would subscribe to a band, or tribe, given the NA viewpoint.

I've heard the terms "tribe" and "clan" used, and think either would work fine.

I've never heard "clan" before to describe a group of Bigfoot, but I like it. What do you think of Coterie of Sasquatch? It means clique or clan, but its more atypical. What about a Bestiary of Bigfoot? Gotta love thesauruses...

Edited by Mounty