The Next Chapter In The Tent Peeker

There are several posts on Bigfoot Evidence Blog that pitch a solid case that it is a hoax by Rick Dyer. Isn't this guy a known hoaxer already? It's still unbelievable to me that people who are actually interested in finding proof would themselves perpetrate hoaxes. If it weren't for all of the hoaxing, everyone could focus on real evidence instead of wasting time sorting through rubbish.

The connection with Rick Dyer hasn't been confirmed unless you can show us.

Although I've always been interested in the Bigfoot phenomenon, I've only been exposed to the human aspect of it for a relatively short time. The whole Bigfoot scene is pretty sickening to me. Jealous, petty, envious, children trying to gain glory, money, recognition, or whatever. It's pathetic.

Your point is known by many of us, but we don't fit your description which is a gross sterotype. There are many scientist interested in this topic......................some to find fame, other to find the truth and proof. Where do you stand? Stick with the forum and settle on some opinion waypoint. Welcome.............mellow out.

Anyway take time to look at my uploaded photo with labels.

Can someone ask Bill Muns to comment on this video? It seems, the costume is way too well made and expensive for this "cell phone video."

So the lesson today is that if you are an organized group of quasi-researchers (aka: amateurs) looking for bigfoot you had better not find him, because you'll be labeled a hoaxer, as opposed to just crazy.

Edited by Mounty

The original thread about the B&W video is here. (it might be worthwhile to combine threads)...

Whenever researching YouTube videos the FIRST thing that should be done is find the original source of the video, then look at their channel. Indications of hoaxing or spoofing might be found to give you some idea whether the video in consideration is worthwhile.

Facebook/Findbigfoot (FB/FB) failed to do this first step of due diligence. Their modus operandi is to find videos as quickly as possible after they are posted, then post their analysis noting that they were one of the first to view the video. This rush to "confirm" is a problem in bigfootery (read the Elbe trackway thread for comparison).

...................................thing has gone down that I'm (to borrow a great word from our friends across the pond) gobsmacked.

Nice research and good work for establishing methods to authenticate vidoes.

But do we know the one who fimed the video? Was this video stolen by Rick Dyer? Look at my photo and see the amazing head detail that matches a real BF. This video is worth digging into more. I agree with checking the original posters other works but never considered stolen videos by the unscrupulous then being the first to post on You Tube which can be big money for posters.

So the lesson today is that if you are an organized group of quasi-researchers (aka: amateurs) looking for bigfoot you had better not find him, because you'll be labeled a hoaxer, as opposed to just crazy.

These are definate pitfalls so keep bigfoot locked in your garage if you capture a live specimen.

How about the "Three Stooges Find Bigfoot While Camping!" Anyone remember the Three Sooges?

Finding a real BF does have its pluses and minuses. I don't want to look out of my tent and see our subject bigfoot unless I have apples, bannanas, candy bars, liver, peanut butter, aspirin, and a cannon!

The head shape looks like the Temagami mask to me. Those big black eye sockets and smallish nose in particular.

What I don't get is why this thing would be relieving itself so close to the tent in that kind of light scenario.

When I listen to the FB/FB I change my mind every other point he makes during the video," yes I see that, no, I dont see that and dont know how anyone else could". My PC at work doesn't have a speaker and I foud out something curious. When not subjected to the dialogue and not paying attention to the word summary, I could look at this video in a whole new light. Try it, its pretty neat.

Edited by Spader

Guest BFSleuth

Well, this is just posted on ShootingSasquatch.com ... tune in tonight for Rick Dyer's version of the story behind the video.

I think some valid points have been made regarding not knowing if Rick Dyer is the unfortunate recipient of an actual BF video, I'm suspending judgement but still have this video in the hoax bin for now.

I'm not saying he is hoaxing, I'm just relaying what the consensus over at Bigfoot Evidence was (there are even pics of the identical tent from other photos posted that are supposedly his previously posted pictures). Isn't Rick Dyer one of the Georgia freezer guys though?

Edited by Irish73

The original thread about the B&W video is here. (it might be worthwhile to combine threads)...

Whenever researching YouTube videos the FIRST thing that should be done is find the original source of the video, then look at their channel. Indications of hoaxing or spoofing might be found to give you some idea whether the video in consideration is worthwhile.

Facebook/Findbigfoot (FB/FB) failed to do this first step of due diligence. Their modus operandi is to find videos as quickly as possible after they are posted, then post their analysis noting that they were one of the first to view the video. This rush to "confirm" is a problem in bigfootery (read the Elbe trackway thread for comparison).

Let me recap the issues with this video:

• The original Youtube video was posted by "ShootingSasquatch"
  • At the time the original B&W version was posted there were two videos on SS's channel. The B&W version of the inside the tent video, and a short video announcing "shootingsasquatch.com"
  • At that time shootingsasquatch.com itself had about six videos on its main page. There was a video about a video game featuring shooting sasquatch and other videos of the ButchyKid nature. It was MORE than obvious this was a web site dedicated to spoofing and hoaxing bigfoot.
  • ShootingSasquatch.com then removed the content from their web site and attempts to access it were redirected to their Youtube channel page. However, both the original videos were gone and replaced with an announcement video saying "shootingsasquatch.com" is coming soon.
  • Now shootingsasquatch.com is back live, and the announcement is that there will soon be fantastic evidence presented sometime soon at an "international news conference". The address is listed in London (a few doors from the Discovery Channel UK).
  • The web site is owned by Rick Dyer's company: Bigfoot Tracker LLC
  • Rick Dyer (for the uninformed) is one of the key players in the "Bigfoot in a Freezer Hoax", one of the Georgia boys that tried to get money for the rotting meat in the gorilla suit. He's now a former policeman.

If I missed anything, please chime in.

IMHO FB/FB is doubling down on dumb by continuing to attempt to authenticate a video that is so tainted by who posted it and how the entire thing has gone down that I'm (to borrow a great word from our friends across the pond) gobsmacked.

Some good sleuthing there BFS. I'm not putting any credibility in this one, at least not at this time.

Guest VioletX

https://www.youtube....ayer_embedded#!

In this past video Dyer talks about his mission on that trip was to kill a Bigfoot.

I just thought that was curious given the gun in the tent of the latest one,..makes me wonder about different possibilities.

Let me put my disclaimer- "I know it is probably a hoax" ; o }

Edited by VioletX

TNBigfoot - excellent spot with the rifle.

Best.

Lee

dyer1.jpgdyer2.jpgtentpeeker.jpg

I have tried to attach 3 photos. The first 2 are screenshots from the Rick Dyer video and the last is a screenshot from the tent peeker video. I am no expert but that appears to be the same rifle to me.

Edited by TnBigfoot

Guest poignant

Tent and rifle highly suggest that this is Rick Dyer.

Whether he filmed a real BF from inside his tent, or had perpetrated it himself, remains to be uncovered.

Guest toejam

The way Dyer talks about killing them makes me sick. He really has absolutely no clue as to the level of intelligence that we're dealing with.

The level of intelligence of a squatch compared to people like that is no comparison.