The Next Chapter In The Tent Peeker

If it is a Ricky D. video wouldn't he be admitting it? I thought he loved being in the limelight. Doe anyone know how Dyer financially supports himself?

Edited by Mounty

Dyer says something in the video along the lines of they are there to kill a bigfoot. Well if the video is of a real bigfoot at less that 20 feet away from you, standing almost perfectly still, in broad daylight. Why didn't you shoot it with the rifle lying right beside you instead of with your camera phone and that way there would be no question if it is real or not?

Edited by TnBigfoot

Guest BFSleuth

Isn't Rick Dyer one of the Georgia freezer guys though?

Yes, one of the main conspirators.

Is it a standard color? How many do you think where sold? Are the scopes exactly the same?

Given that the rifle and the tent have been matched to previous Rick Dyer videos, what do we suppose is the odds that a random individual has both items in a new valid BF video?

Doe anyone know how Dyer financially supports himself?

Word is they had to return the $50,000 advance payment for their Georgia hoax. He has a company now dedicated it seems to continued production of questionable "evidence", with a YT channel set up to get Google ad dollars for hits. One thing is for certain, he isn't getting paid as a policeman anymore, since he was fired for his involvement in the Georgia hoax.

That appears to be a Remington 700. Look at the trigger guard. it is the same color as the stock. This tells me that this rifle has been treated with KG Gunkote, Duracoat, Cerakote, or a similar product. When it isn't a camo pattern, this is something typically done to refurbish a rifle with blemishes or wear. As someone who spends a lot of time on various gun forums, I can say that would be a pretty uncommon color to use on a traditional hunting rifle, and most people wouldn't have coated the trigger guard on that type of rifle. Looks to be the same model, same color (triggerguard too), similar looking scope. I'd bet money that is the exact same rifle.

Guest TheRedSon

On the third rifle picture you can see the bolt (for chambering a round). I'm no gun expert, at least not guns the Army doesn't issue, but the first two there is no bolt evident and they appear to be lying flat. Can a bolt action rifle lay flat like that on it's bolt side?

Guest VioletX

Dyer says something in the video along the lines of they are there to kill a bigfoot. Well if the video is of a real bigfoot at less that 20 feet away from you, standing almost perfectly still, in broad daylight. Why didn't you shoot it with the rifle lyif Thing right beside you instead of with your camera phone and that way there would be no question if it is real or not?

Yes TnB, that was what I was wondering...unless he is no kill now??? Or if the BF in question was too human looking to shoot.

"Yes, I know it's probably a hoax"

In the second clip FB/FB have posted you can see for a split second the same rifle that is in the Rick Dyer video that frosstman posted above. So for me the tent plus the rifle makes it obvious that this video is from Rick Dyer and as such is most probably a hoax.

I'm not so sure that is the same Rifle,. sure the color is the same and the color of the trigger guard is similar, but the Monte Carlo stock appears different. maybe that has to do with the angle of the camera, but the grip has a more pronounced radius than the other. Again, it might just be camera angle, also that floorplate of the magazine does not appear exactly the same. JMO

On the third rifle picture you can see the bolt (for chambering a round). I'm no gun expert, at least not guns the Army doesn't issue, but the first two there is no bolt evident and they appear to be lying flat. Can a bolt action rifle lay flat like that on it's bolt side?

Even if it weren't the same rifle, it's still a bolt action. Even if it weren't a bolt action, the charging handle would still be on that side (M1a, mini-14, etc--which it isn't) So...Yes, it can lay on the bolt handle easily on a surface like a sleeping bag, the handles don't protrude that much.

Strangely, the obvious difference I see is between the first and second pictures, the ones that aren't being compared. It looks like he moved the scope mount forward to correct the eye relief in one. Look at where the scope rings line up in relation to the trap door on the mag well.

Two bigfooter videos with the same tent, and admittedly the 700 is a massively popular rifle, but a gunkote job where they sprayed the triggerguard (yuk!), but not the trimplate on the bottom? Like I said, I'd wager money on it.

Does anyone have the software to attempt to extract any metadata from the video? (similar to EXIF data encoded into digital images) I'm not a video guy so much, I'm more of an audio geek.

Edited by Irish73

The "creature" in the video does look very cool, but I'm feeling 99% sure that it is a hoax. Rick Dyer is most definitely behind it.

• Somebody here searched the address for shootingsasquatch and it was in London. Dyer just got back from London.
  • Dyer always talks about shooting a sasquatch and the video was taken by shootingsasquatch
  • I heard an interview with him earlier today and he was talking about not being able to talk about the video because of NDAs
  • I have heard him say two times in the last week that bigfootracker will never be involved in another hoax. I feel the way he is saying that he knows that when it comes out as a hoax it will be shootingsasquatch and not bigfootracker.
  • The gun and the tent is the same
  • Add this to everything that BFSleuth listed and there is no doubt Dyer is involved. I don't even think he is denying it.

Here are two links talking about Dyer. The first is an interview last night with him and Sharon Lee and the link also has a video he made today. The other link is Steve Kulls latest blog about Dyer.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/10/sharon-lee-hung-up-on-rick-dyer-on.html

http://squatchdetective.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/the-final-word-on-rick-dyer/

I think there are people posting here who are willing to believe this is probably a 'squatch even if Dyer is confirmed to have filmed it.

I commend their dedication to focussing purely on the evidence at hand.

d3e166c6-74b7-4286-aa6e-efbc83321221.jpg

I am conflicted with this video.

What is bothering me is that we still don't know who the person is who shot this film and where it was taken. If it was an anonymous hiker from the general public, I think we would know. But since that's all still a big mystery, then I am not going to take this video as authentic until we know who filmed it and where. Otherwise, we have to assume it's a hoax.

The other side of the coin is that the same suit must be being used between this video, PEI, and others that have the coned heads, big upper lip, keel forehead, and strong brow ridges. And I have my doubts that anyone could pull off such a scheme.

I really don't know what to think right now.

IMHO: Dyer=Georgia Hoax...Dyer+Tent Video=Hoax. I'm watching and waiting to see how this plays out.

I'd like to add if Dyer wasn't accociated with this at all, I would be more open to the possibility of a genuine sighting. One thing that bothers me is the ease in which the "creature" looks over it's shoulder. The PGF (which I believe to be genuine) shows Patty turning her entire upper torso in order to look back. Granted she was walking, and this one is standing still. That could possibly account for the difference. I'm not an anatomical expert by any means.

I'm still watching and waiting. :)

Edited by teria

Whilst I fully think this is fake due to the Dyer connection, original website content, and also one or two other things about the video itself which make me uneasy, if it actually is proven to be a hoax, e.g. through admission, then FB/FB need to take a very close look at themselves, as we have a severe case of pareidolia before us.

As an aside, did I read somewhere that there is going to be some thermal footage posted also?

Edited by corvus horribilus