The Next Chapter In The Tent Peeker

Guest poignant

Well, this is just posted on ShootingSasquatch.com ... tune in tonight for Rick Dyer's version of the story behind the video.

I think some valid points have been made regarding not knowing if Rick Dyer is the unfortunate recipient of an actual BF video, I'm suspending judgement but still have this video in the hoax bin for now.

Well it's past 7pm EST, I'm clicking on the radioblog link but the stream won't play.

'Your welcome' to 'defend yourself' ?!?!

I don't think anyone else needs defending (and spelling lessons) save Rick Dyer himself....

Also, FB/FB videos are a well-known cause of IQ declinitis.

Guest VioletX

Last I looked the show was scheduled for 10 pm...somewhere, maybe they have got the wrong time zone up, or maybe they need gps or something.

That video is not the #2 most important video in the Bigfoot collection even if it is authentic. Fb/FB does draw some interesting parallels and they can sometimes make a convincing argument, but I don't like how they ranked this video when there is still a lot of mystery as to who filmed it and where.

Guest joename

I've read both threads, and I have a couple of observations. First, iPhones don't take b/w or thermal video. And second, the lighting in the tent and outside the tent are not at all I would expect from an iPhone. The difference in the amount of light would cause the view outside the tent to be either too bright or too dark.

Just thought I would chime in...

Guest Transformer

Rick Dyer is a known hoaxer so instead of focussing on only what we see on the screen and analyzing it many people are advocating we just throw it out. Yet Roger Patterson was a known hoaxer and proven con-man but we are supposed to only focus on the screen and analyze his production and ignore his failings.

Why the difference?

Rick Dyer is a known hoaxer so instead of focussing on only what we see on the screen and analyzing it many people are advocating we just throw it out. Yet Roger Patterson was a known hoaxer and proven con-man but we are supposed to only focus on the screen and analyze his production and ignore his failings.

Why the difference?

It's a very good point - and extends also to the Freeman footage. If you hoax or are suspected of hoaxing then you are tainted forever and, if you find real evidence, you can expect to receive the 'boy who cried wolf' treatment.

Some will not accept any evidence from a previously 'convicted' hoaxer, others will go to the opposite extreme and assess the evidence purely as it stands, without considering the provenance of that evidence.

I can't go to either extreme, but I must say I really have a hard time dealing with 'evidence' from people who have hoaxed already, particularly at the Georgia Bigfoot level.

I'm minded to believe this tent footage is closely tied to Rick Dyer, given the large amount of circumstantial evidence, which can with some effort be explained away but requires a lot of coincidences. The balance of probabilities, to me, points at him being involved in some capacity.

The iPhone lighting point is a very interesting one, as is the Temagami mask link. I'm not sure if it is the same mask (assuming it's a mask of course), but I do see a Baldy Bigfoot here.

Guest Cervelo

This is why there shouldn't be multiple threads on the same stuff.

In the other thread it was determined somehow it wasn't an iPhone.

Here are three vids I shot with my iPhone

Why would you shoot B/W, then color, and biggie hung around that long? Coulda shot em...

Why don't the B/W and color look anything alike?

It's pretty easy to tell in these vids its the same thing...

Regular

http://i796.photobuc...1920BAD4A78.mp4

B/W

http://i796.photobuc...19204D1BDF7.mp4

"thermal"

http://i796.photobuc...191F07C75C2.mp4

There are many apps available for different effects

Edited by Cervelo
Moderation of unnecessary content

Guest VioletX

Did anyone listen to the BTR show last night. I heard the last 45 minutes.

There was sooo much back and forth about the old hoax drama in the chatroom, that I think RD was a bit distracted from talking about the Tentpeeker. I may try to listen again...why not I have no life,haha!

Some key points:

RD is trying to redeem himself from previous hoaxes

He shot the footage in Texas on the 6th day of a 10 day trip.

He found out about the BF from stories from homeless people camping in the woods.

A film crew shot other footage, maybe directly after the Tree Peeking Incident

He went to London on business for this documentary recently.

He is already working with some network but because this network wants it to expand the project into a bigger deal, the documentary will not be revealed until February.

RD really wants it out sooner, which is why he was talking about it, he wants redemption sooner than later and may find himself in a bit of hot water with whomever is involved for talking about it.

Again, I probably missed something, I was distracted by certain people/pets in my environment.

There is much more to come apparently.

Either RD is a very good actor or there really is something to this story.

I feel something is a lie, I will have to watch and see if I can remember what it was that did not seem right.

Edited by VioletX

Guest VioletX

Was this video supposedly filmed somewhere around San Antonio?

that sounds right...I am listening again, trying to get more info

Dyer says something in the video along the lines of they are there to kill a bigfoot. Well if the video is of a real bigfoot at less that 20 feet away from you, standing almost perfectly still, in broad daylight. Why didn't you shoot it with the rifle lying right beside you instead of with your camera phone and that way there would be no question if it is real or not?

TnBigfoot, I was wondering the same thing. Even I who has never fired a rifle, could have made the shot. But no wait, maybe he thought the Bigfoot would think the camera phone was a soul capturing device and die of fear.