The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

BFF Patron

Crow is right about the wow effect of the airship. If I had a dollar for every proposed aircraft that was hyped but never flew I would have all the BF research gas money I could use. You see them in magazines like Popular Mechanics and they are all very Jetson like but somehow never fly.

A hot air or unpowered balloon goes where the wind blows it. Not where you want it to go. Also hot air balloons are very noisy and Wag is right about poor duration. Propane tanks are heavy and they can only carry so much. I had one right over my house one time and it landed in the field nearby. They make a huge roar when the burner lights. Hardly a quiet thing that BF would ignore. I thought Mt St Helens was blowing. There are commercially available electric blimps used to fly around inside sporting event domes for advertising etc. One of those could be purchased outright but I doubt that one that size could carry much of a camera payload.

I just flew an aerial search in East Clark County and Skamania County WA this morning. Great day because there was little wind which is pretty rare for the Cascades. The primary objective was look for what looked like an archeology site high on a mountain. That turned out to be a bust but I did notice trails where there are not supposed to be any trails. I just checked my USGS map and what I was seeing from the air is not on that map. They were very well used, comparable to popular human trails I am familiar with. One led down the side of a mountain and stopped dead at a cliff wall. There seemed to be a crag or cave that the trail entered. From above, on the human trail, you would never know it was there. I have got to investigate that on the ground.

If BF was out in the open I would have seen it. I was low enough to see two human hikers on a popular trail. They were probably angry that I was destroying their outdoors experience circling around like I was. Total cost was $74.00 in aviation gas for about an hour and a half of looking. Anyway I can fly a lot of hours for what a Falcon blimp would cost while complying with all FAA regulations.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Regarding trails visible from the air that "don't exist" ... might be elk.   One of the major ridges in the area I like to hike has elk trails so pronounced they show up on Google Earth better than the (maintained) hiking trail that goes through.   Some are pretty straight for quite a ways, the only thing that makes them obviously not hiking trails is humans tend to force their trails to go straight rather than following land forms more naturally.  

Find that location with Google Earth.  Zoom in.  Tip (up and down) to change perspective.  Then rotate around it.   Theyre may be some other obstacle not obvious from dead overhead, a dropoff, for instance.   (Wild guesses are the best I have.  :))

MIB

Why is the Bigfoot Community so forgiving of Failure to the point where Failure is celebrated?

^^ This is such a great question. I really wish it were asked more often.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm pretty sure no one is celebrating failure. It's just that ex-proponents don't like how Bigfooters are optimistic ;)

BFF Patron

I think Bodhi does have a point.   If the point of BF research is to find out about BF,  promote knowledge, and lead to proof of existence why are BF researchers so secretive about their field work,   unwilling to share information,   and protective of the field techniques?     That to me, means that they hope other researchers fail or that they themselves are successful and others are not.     The goals of many are not increase the body of knowledge but have personal success and the notoriety that comes with it.    We see that over and over and this project is no exception.    Why didn't Barnes bring in anyone familiar with aviation technology?   Or perhaps he did and they did not like what they saw and bailed out.    One would think you would do that to try to ensure success of the project if that is the goal.    If the real hidden goal is personal grand standing leading to fame,   some people would not want to share the credit so would risk not bringing in others with the needed expertise.  We see a lot of that with others in BF research.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I'm pretty sure no one is celebrating failure. It's just that ex-proponents don't like how Bigfooters are optimistic ;)

I'd prefer half the optimism and double the pragmatism but I'm not a lot of fun at parties.

• Upvote 1

I think Bodhi does have a point.   If the point of BF research is to find out about BF,  promote knowledge, and lead to proof of existence why are BF researchers so secretive about their field work,   unwilling to share information,   and protective of the field techniques?     That to me, means that they hope other researchers fail or that they themselves are successful and others are not.     

Hoaxers. There's enough freaking variables to sort out already without giving potential hoaxers advance warning about where you're going to be or what new thing you're going to be looking for. Sucks, but it would actually ***** the pitch substantially for anything collected if tangible evidence did present itself. i.e. it was a nasty day and the hoaxers couldn't be bothered, you got something, but on presentation, the fact that you gave hoaxers a chance to get there ahead of you means it won't even be looked at seriously.

That to me, means that they hope other researchers fail or that they themselves are successful and others are not.

Of course, thats the whole idea. The first man to climb Mount Everest, the first Man on the Moon, the First man to find the source of the Nile, the North West Passage, South Pole North Pole, Darwin, etc etc.

Its not a group-love contest, its to find the missing BF monster-ape. Huge male egos involved. $$$$ Fame, fortune, women.

Basic Male Psychology.

Also, this is military level drone activity. Flying a radio controlled drone at 3000 + ft is serious business, this is not a small deal, this is a huge huge million-dollar idea.

For finding a Bigfoot.

Uh Oh..... :girlhide:

But hey, I'm sure all the Clod-hoppers got their checks (in the mail) finally.

N8? Get the check yet?

Edited by Wag

And FYI the Falcon Project Website is down.  Has anyone heard from Barnes?

He is a member here isn't he?

Barnes, can you come in here an answer some questions?

And FYI the Falcon Project Website is down.  Has anyone heard from Barnes?

He is a member here isn't he?

Barnes, can you come in here an answer some questions?

How freaking predictable....  I can't wait until I see yet another complaint about how science needs to take the field more seriously or some theory on how the' gubmermint' is keeping the whole thing silent.

Wag is right, not just about this "project", but basically most project/announcements associated with the phenomenon - Clown Show. It's truly a bummer to see another one go down and to have actual victims (in the persons who stopped their lives to go out to the site & the scientists who attached their names/reputations to the project).

There's no need to suppress anything, the field is seen as a joke and stuff like this is, in my opinion, why. It seems to never end. Maybe, just maybe, when we stop these needless self-inflicted injuries we'll actually get somewhere.

Questions are, Could a lauded/respected group step in to act as a clearing house/tracker of hokum & hoaxers? Would any such group receive support from the disparate sasquatch groups/sites? I kinda' doubt it.

If I was pro-exposure, I would deploy a team of squatchers to get some good video and maybe get some good stuff, but I'm not, so I won't. It wouldn't cost anything as a group, just gas, time a few hundred bucks maybe a therm or 3. 

Not difficult to do, if you pick a good spot, but too many clowns and they are going to all of a sudden obey the Great Wag?

I would hardly trust 5 or 6 pre-screened rubber gloved guys, maybe some squatchy babes, who can follow orders.

For all the effort that was put into following this, it would be nice to hear some MORE INFORMATION AHEM about what happened... :wild:

I'm sure the Clod-Hoppers had some issues given the subject matter, and the need to ''find one right here and now, today''. People who are into Squatchin are not going to be easy to ''herd''

The nature of the beast does not lend itself to 'group think'' lovey dovey co-operational efforts with a group of guys who wants to finds thems a Footster.

Edited by Wag

• 2 weeks later...

Any new info on this thing? I went the the group's fb page and I see the last post is someone calling the man behind it a fraud. I haven't found anything else. It's not that I love beating a dead horse but I would like some of the folks who kept saying this thing was the real deal to at least acknowledge that is wasn't, ever.