The Falcon Project - Launching Spring '2015

Cotter

BFF Patron

Bet some big donors are talking to either lawyers trying to get their money back or the DA in Utah.    There was a recent filing of charges in another  Gofundme situation.     Someone collected money to start some business and spent it all on everything but the business.     So DA's across the country will be jumping on that bandwagon because the public does not like to be ripped off.   Going after people who do that would be very good for reelection purposes.    I don't think we have heard the last of the Falcon Project.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

Bet some big donors are talking to either lawyers trying to get their money back or the DA in Utah.    There was a recent filing of charges in another  Gofundme situation.     Someone collected money to start some business and spent it all on everything but the business.     So DA's across the country will be jumping on that bandwagon because the public does not like to be ripped off.   Going after people who do that would be very good for reelection purposes.    I don't think we have heard the last of the Falcon Project.  

That seems very likely!

How about Meldrum and Idaho State U? Dr. Jeff has now been associated with a string a questionable characters. What does that say about his credibility?

Dragging his university into the mix; what impact will that have? If a legit project attempts to get university backing in the future will this debacle make that more difficult?

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

Some of the people on the team have realized that this was an elaborate hoax. William Barnes set people up and I bet he got a good laugh out of it. He knew the team wouldn't be able to go forth with the operation, yet he led them to believe that they were going to go ahead with it. Now he's disappeared.

SSR Team

Hindsight a a wonderful thing obviously but really, it's was not that feasible anyway was it ?

There's a reason I completely ignore threads, and this was one of them until I read something about it somewhere else so checked in to assess the damage.;)

BFF Patron

^ And William Dranginis' jumping ship takes on a whole new meaning now doesn't it?!

BFF Patron

Yes at one point I was the bad guy with many forum members because I pointed out they did not seem to have the right mix of technical people or system development involved with the project.     Specifically someone with aviation or RPV expertise.     Meldrum was very defensive when I talked to him about the project.    There were a whole bunch of people led down the path with this one.  I all but volunteered but was never contacted.   I thought that strange at the time and now I think I know why.    Anyone that knew anything about technical issues would have seen right through the program and killed it all that much sooner.   

Some of the people on the team have realized that this was an elaborate hoax. William Barnes set people up and I bet he got a good laugh out of it. He knew the team wouldn't be able to go forth with the operation, yet he led them to believe that they were going to go ahead with it. Now he's disappeared.

I don't know, I'm thinking it was just extreme wishful thinking.  Figured if he got people together, promoted the airship angle, and publicized a timeline the money would show up, somehow.  He is up in years and this was a last big push, a big gamble.  I doubt there is any laughing...

Lol, still here guys just been crazy busy hitting the woods and working, heading to an event called Hopsquatch tomorrow. Will be checking in where I can as I go.

Cool event, I had the chance to meet a fellow forum member though I did not have the chance to chat after the speaker was finished as my friend and I had to jet. I likely will be going to the next .

BFF Patron

Couldn't catch you at that event NathanFooter as I have to jet too.   Hopefully, next time.  

Lol, still here guys just been crazy busy hitting the woods and working, heading to an event called Hopsquatch tomorrow. Will be checking in where I can as I go.

Nathan,

Can you respond to these questions?

Nathan,

What were some of the other motivations people had?

You don't have to name names or anything.

Do you trust that Barnes will pay for the food you purchased?  

Where was the location supposedly?

Are there still people out in the field under the guise of 'Falcon Project'?

Thanks,

BFF Patron

I met Nathan and talked to him before the meeting. He was talking to another young man that picked up and moved to the PNW too. With young people like this in the hunt, BF will have trouble staying unknown to science. Thom Powells new book is available.

• Upvote 1

Nathan,

Can you respond to these questions?

Nathan,

What were some of the other motivations people had?

You don't have to name names or anything.

Do you trust that Barnes will pay for the food you purchased?

Where was the location supposedly?

Are there still people out in the field under the guise of 'Falcon Project'?

Thanks,

As to motivations, I just do not feel comfortable sharing as that info may be relatable and could point out individuals. It was nothing sinister in nature or of wrong doing.

I doubt that I or any of the others will be compensated for any kind of food costs.

The projects decided location is still going to remain private as it may be of value for study under another project or effort.

As far as I know the falcon project is down and all members have either gone their seperate ways or a select few are developing their own research project. ( will likely elaborate on this at some point in the near future. )

It is a shame I was not really able to chat with others after the presentation as I really did want to speak with many who attended. I had to take off with Shane Corson as he had to rush to do an episode of Monster X radio.

Edited by NathanFooter
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Nathon I wanted to give you my card with my information.   At my age, I want to pass on everything I have  to the younger generation to continue the quest in WA.  .     I have a bad knee that makes field work a real ordeal.   But  I keep doing it..   Hope you continue and I wish you success.   

• Upvote 1