Sign in to follow this  
xspider1

Is There A Better Way To Explain What We See In The Patterson-Gimlin Film?

Guest Vincent

The debate seems to go this way too often:

PGF Proponent: It looks like a real creature to me.

PGF Non-believer: But, Bob Gimlin did an Indian act and Roger borrowed money!

PGF Proponent: No one has ever been able to create any hoax as believable as the PGF.

PGF Non-believer: I don't know how they could possibly get the film developed so quick.

PGF Proponent: Roger and Bob G. were looking for a Bigfoot and got lucky.

PGF Non-believer: How could people interested in Bigfoot be the ones to provide proof?

PGF Proponent: The Creature seen in the film does not appear in any way to be a man in a costume.

PGF Non-believer: A realistic fake Bigfoot would be easy to create but nobody really cares.

Hmmmm. The **** thing just evidently cannot be de-bunked. :o

X-spider you forgot the end where the proponent starts calling the skeptic names, and making subtle threats I.e "you wouldn't last 2 minutes in these woods with me, boy!"

Just sayin.

Guest Vincent

And btw, if gimlin really did dress Like an Indian, that means he had intent to decieve..... Again the pgf is shot down like a massacred Bigfoot tribe.

IMO

Guest Kerchak

And btw, if gimlin really did dress Like an Indian, that means he had intent to decieve..... Again the pgf is shot down like a massacred Bigfoot tribe.

IMO

In case you are not aware Bob Gimlin is part Indian. He was just playing up to his real heritage.

http://southeastsasquatchassociation.blogspot.com/2005/12/biography-bob-gimlin_30.html

Bob Gimlin is of Chirokowa Apache heritage. Anyone can see his Indian heritage just by looking at his face.

Wearing a wig? Big freakin' deal.

Edited by Kerchak

Guest Spazmo

Kerchak,

saying someone is a hypocrite IS name calling. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong about it.

In the case of the misquote, the proper response would have been to report it. Did you?

These things are spelled out in the rules. There are several of us members here who are working REALLY HARD to make this the best place to discuss BF. One of the goals is to eliminate the hostility.

I would encourage you to report that bogus quote. If you didn't post it, the mods will know, and will take the appropriate action. But if it doesn't get reported, then nothing will be done about it.

And replying to a post that is in violation of the rules with another post that is in violation of the rules is...a violation of the rules. Use that "report" button, it's your friend.

I know we can all get frustrated at times with the mixed bag of personalities here, but we've got to use some restraint.

And please report the bogus quote, I know for certain that if you didn't post it, action will be taken. I can guarantee this.

xspider1

I'm glad you clarified that Kerchak. I didn't see you say anything like: 'wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh' either and I personally feel that anybody saying that somebody else said something that they did not say is very, very wrong.

Vincent, you just proved my point really. Wearing a wig does not have anything what-so-ever to do with telling the truth in regard to a Bigfoot encounter. Why do you suppose that it generally seems like the PGF non-believers are grasping at straws?

Edited by xspider1

Huntster

X-spider you forgot the end where the proponent starts calling the skeptic names, and making subtle threats I.e "you wouldn't last 2 minutes in these woods with me, boy!"

?!!

Who did that? When?

Link, please.

Just sayin.

Yeah. Now back it up with the link, please.

Guest Kerchak

Spazmo,

I'm not really bothered about pressing the report button often. I've only done it a few times so far. I wasn't even all that offended by River's post. I just put it down to sillyness.

However, if hypocrite is name calling under BFF guidelines then River's post would also be breaking guidelines.

I'm not going to report it but I don't see why you can't. If you are keeping tabs on this thread by reporting my post then I don't see why you can't also report River's post for abusing BFF guidelines and posting a bogus quote which I didn't write.

Thanks.

Huntster

And btw, if gimlin really did dress Like an Indian, that means he had intent to decieve.....

Which is exactly what all actors do when they get into character costumes..........which is what he was doing; acting in a film.

And, btw, it's deceive, not decieve. "When two vowels go a'walkin', the first one does the talkin'............"

Guest Spazmo

Kerchak-

I had no way of knowing your situation, right?

Please report the offense.

Guest Kerchak

I'm glad you clarified that Kerchak. I didn't see you say anything like: 'wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh' either and I personally feel that anybody saying that somebody else said something that they did not say is very, very wrong.

Thanks for the support Xspider. I think deliberately making a bogus quote should be considered a no no, although it didn't really bother me at the time. I only brought it up after I was reported.

I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Vincent, you just proved my point really. Wearing a wig does not have anything what-so-ever to do with telling the truth in regard to a Bigfoot encounter. Why do you suppose that it generally seems like the PGF non-believers are grasping at straws?

As I pointed out, Bob Gimlin is of Indian descent so what's the big deceit here?

I suspect River wasn't aware that Bob Gimlin is of Indian descent. As I said earlier, he should inform himself more.

• Upvote 1

Guest Kerchak

Kerchak-

I had no way of knowing your situation, right?

Please report the offense.

Ok fair enough. You probably didn't notice what River had written in his post when he 'quoted' me. I accept that. No worries. I'll do as you ask.

Guest Spazmo

Thanks Kerchak, it means a lot.

Yep, hit report if you're not sure or you're bent out of shape. A moderator will take a look. And, you can PM if you have a question.

Guest Vincent

?!!

Who did that? When?

Link, please.

Why so edgy hunster?

Huh?

Although now that I think about it.......

I'm on an iPhone, I'll leave it to others to report your , IMHO, aggressive posts.

There's others besides you so don't feel alone .

Yeah. Now back it up with the link, please.

Guest Kerchak

Ace.

Yep, hit report if you're not sure or you're bent out of shape. A moderator will take a look. And, you can PM if you have a question.

Like I said, I wasn't really all that bothered about what River did and I wouldn't have said a thing. It was only after I then got reported that I thought "hang on, wait a minute". LOL.

Ok let's move on.

Bob Gimlin IS of 'Indian' stock. So what's the big deal?

Edited by Kerchak