My Personal End Date

think you are looking at it in a negative light. Time spent on forums and researching is just stuff i do on my down time, if i wasn't board i wouldn't be on here all that much. And when it comes to time spent in the field, personally i don't go out "squatching" I go out on "nature hikes". If i don't see a sasquatch, but see some nice wildlife, i consider that a success and a great day spent enjoying nature.

Spending time with family is important, but having hobbies is a must. Getting out into nature for some fresh air, exercise and a chance to unwind from stress of everyday life while experiencing everything else nature has to offer is a great hobby to have. Sasquatch, or no sasquatch i don't see that a reason to stop doing it.

• 4 years later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2012 at 2:18 PM, Guest said:

Has anyone else thought about it? Ending your interest and participation in all things BF? I have. For many years. I've set my date to 1/1/2013 unless Sykes and Ketchum have proof, of course.

If proof doesn't come before that time I could no longer justify the time I spend here and the field work I do. This will make many who don't take kindly to skeptics happy because there will be one less here. But it's a win - win. I'll be home more with my wife and three kids.

OK, well, your choice about spending your personal time, respect there.  I'd get it for whatever reason you decided. (Hope that was the right decision for you.)

But I can't go with "if I don't get proof by X date, it doesn't exist."  That's flat illogical.  (I sure can't go with Sykes and Ketchum being your triggers.)

If the evidence keeps pouring in - and it is coming in now like it never has - and the consistency gets tighter and tighter (and it is), it doesn't matter what disposition humans have made of it.  The small minority of scientists that have closely scrutinized the evidence pronounce it genuine.  Their findings are uncontested, and that has to be done with evidence proving a comprehensive false positive and if you do not have that you have as much standing in the discussion as a baby to be born next week.

But if you're spending too much time away from your family, well, science doesn't speak to that. Even when you're doing legitimate science.

Edited by DWA

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic