10 Million For Proof Of Bigfoot

Cotter

Guest Paulina

Killing or capturing any living creature "just because" is reprehensible. There is no justification for it.

This $10 miilion offer is a VERY BAD idea. It will bring out all the crazies; and it may well make for some sensationalistic TV (and better ratings) - but bear in mind that Spike TV most likely believes that they will never have to make a payout.

It horrifies me to think that these creatures, if real (and I suspect they are) - now have a serious threat to their health and welfare. From what I've read (extensively) most BF researchers are looking for evidence without malice or intent to harm. Throw some serious prize money into it and now you've got people involved who have respect for nothing but the almighty dollar. The potential threat to these creatures is now alarming if not appalling.

If Spike TV seriously wanted to prove the existence of BF, then they should have funded a $10 million dollar scientific exercise - but again - I suspect they don't believe they will ever have to make said payout.

Dian Fossey managed to study the mountain gorillas without causing harm to them. If true that these creatures sometimes "habituate" - why not set up and occupy a scientific camp in a known 'squatch hotspot, live there while creating all the known attributes of a good habituation site (where humans show care for other types of animals, fruit trees, streams,etc.) - and WAIT - years if need be to observe and collect data...and - wait for it - develop a relationship with these creatures?

Neither Jane Goodall or Dian Fossey made their discoveries in a day - it took years to for them to collect data and develop relationships with the animals - the scientific community should try to do the same with Bigfoot. Too bad nobody ever offers the scientists $10 million for BF research.

I truly fear for them now and I am hoping they will be too clever to get caught.

Killing or capturing any living creature "just because" is reprehensible. There is no justification for it.

This $10 miilion offer is a VERY BAD idea. It will bring out all the crazies; and it may well make for some sensationalistic TV (and better ratings) - but bear in mind that Spike TV most likely believes that they will never have to make a payout.

It horrifies me to think that these creatures, if real (and I suspect they are) - now have a serious threat to their health and welfare. From what I've read (extensively) most BF researchers are looking for evidence without malice or intent to harm. Throw some serious prize money into it and now you've got people involved who have respect for nothing but the almighty dollar. The potential threat to these creatures is now alarming if not appalling.

If Spike TV seriously wanted to prove the existence of BF, then they should have funded a $10 million dollar scientific exercise - but again - I suspect they don't believe they will ever have to make said payout.

Dian Fossey managed to study the mountain gorillas without causing harm to them. If true that these creatures sometimes "habituate" - why not set up and occupy a scientific camp in a known 'squatch hotspot, live there while creating all the known attributes of a good habituation site (where humans show care for other types of animals, fruit trees, streams,etc.) - and WAIT - years if need be to observe and collect data...and - wait for it - develop a relationship with these creatures?

Neither Jane Goodall or Dian Fossey made their discoveries in a day - it took years to for them to collect data and develop relationships with the animals - the scientific community should try to do the same with Bigfoot. Too bad nobody ever offers the scientists $10 million for BF research.

I truly fear for them now and I am hoping they will be too clever to get caught.

There is a huge HUGE rift between Goodall and Fossey and the phenom known as SASQUATCH.

You see............some European great white hunter 100 years BEFORE Jane or Diane were born, went to Africa with a rifle and shot and collected type specimens in the name of science and sport for western civilization!

If Spike TV offered science ten million dollars to go set up a base camp to study Sasquatch? The scientific community would die laughing their heads off and then quickly wipe their smirks off of their faces and suggest using the donation for a better use..........such as the Panda project.

Be it as it may............everyone can look down their nose at the "great white hunter" after the fact. But Jane or Diane never once had to wonder if Chimps or Gorillas were REAL before they started their research. Old grand dad had already taken care of that for them.

It's the 800 lbs gorilla in the room.........no matter how you slice it or dice it. Without a type specimen FIRST, the scientific community is NOT going to take this thing seriously. We don't have to shoot one.......find one skeleton, one bone even. But so far passive research hasn't gotten us very far........either has video, pictures, sound recordings, foot casts etc.

Nobody has ever convinced me that this species is better by NOT being recognized by science. So that means we need to become more proactive in our dedication in procuring a type specimen. After that has been secured THEN pass legislation protecting the species once and for all. Right now the subject resides not in the book shelf next to the mountain Gorilla or Chimpanzee.........but on the book shelf next to Ghosts, Aliens and Pixies.

Guest wudewasa

If Spike TV offered science ten million dollars to go set up a base camp to study Sasquatch? The scientific community would die laughing their heads off and then quickly wipe their smirks off of their faces and suggest using the donation for a better use..........such as the Panda project.

It's already been done with Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet. Yes, scientists are laughing their heads off and blowing funds looking for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker and demanding money to preserve a population of inbred panthers in Florida.

It's already been done with Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet. Yes, scientists are laughing their heads off and blowing funds looking for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker and demanding money to preserve a population of inbred panthers in Florida.

Yes, but I don't think I'd put the TV show "Finding Bigfoot" on the same footing as a Jane Goodall type of research station.

Guest Lone Squatcher

I just got off the phone with a producer for Spike TV. They are currently looking for partisipents for the show. Him and I had a lenghty conversation and he is emailing me the forms to be completeted so that I may be concered for the show.

Tough isn't it? Volunteer yourself to be made to look like a clown for entertainment purposes, and bring bigfoot research into disrepute... orrr... all the orgs or people with no clout (To get things even a little on their own terms) refuse it and and it ends up an all clown show that looks even worse...

I bet there's a "script"

You'll be like "Yeah, we're just gonna sneak into this area quietly and see what's going on.."

And they'll be like, "No, we'll set up a camera here, and you come screaming in from the left, draw machetes and charge, okay?"

• 2 weeks later...

A new thought..

This is being backed up by Lloyds, or an insurance syndicate there. Just wanna play "What if" for a moment... do you think they'll actually pay up???

Because I'm thinking it's all in how Spike spun it to them... I mean if they put "the worst of BF on youtube" on a DVD for their pitch, asserted that Patty is a suit and a guy confessed to being in it, and a guy confessed to making it... then "surprise!!!" one slabmonkey is obtained... I can see Lloyds getting peed off and claiming the risk was inadequately portrayed to them... you know, like if you tell your car insurance company you only drive 5,000 miles a year, and commute 25,000...

Orrrr. did Lloyds determine it totally themselves, in which case they have no "get out"

I know they don't want to be seen as welshers, but if they think they've been "played" then they might take the risk of a "C'mon, whodathunk? Bigfoot? amiright?" defense..

But maybe they think they're onto a good thing, and anyone can call up and ask for $10M in anti-bigfoot insurance... wonder what the premium is on that??

• 3 weeks later...