Finding Bigfoot

Guest wudewasa

That's because he followed his passion and found his destiny.

His passion for far flung claims that cannot be proven, an alienating personality and a destiny that follows a money train in all aspects? Call him an entrepreneur, I see a train wreck in the works if he is the conductor.

His passion for far flung claims that cannot be proven, an alienating personality and a destiny that follows a money train in all aspects? Call him an entrepreneur, I see a train wreck in the works if he is the conductor.

Maybe so but he's fun to watch, he's so energized over sasquatch. I like when they interviewed all of them Sunday night and Bo Bo mentioned a desire to knock his head off.

Guest wudewasa

I like when they interviewed all of them Sunday night and Bo Bo mentioned a desire to knock his head off.

Pressure brings out what's there. Drama means more than trying to find bigfoot using science.

I think Matt is like Donald Trump, even the people that hate him like to watch him. He has brought public awareness to a all time high for Sasquatch, probably more than Meldrum.

Maybe so but he's fun to watch, he's so energized over sasquatch. I like when they interviewed all of them Sunday night and Bo Bo mentioned a desire to knock his head off.

I'm starting to like Bo Bo...

It sounds like all of you are jealous. The show is good and people like it. If it was as terrible as you try to make it sound it would of died in the first season.

They go everywhere and try everything I've never sen anything like it before. I think they have the perfect mix with a skeptical biologist, a lawyer turned Bigfoot extraordinaire, a rock star footer, and a school teacher. They tear into witnesses like the FBI and investigate the story well.

All the other methods, Les Stroud, the military snipers, have had there chance but haven't done any better than the Finding Bigfoot team.

Hmmm, I think there's a conclusion that can be drawn in there somewhere.

What is the end result of this show? More grainy camera trap photos? A inconclusive infrared photo? A couple of new sound recordings? Another track cast?

And how LONG have some of these guys been at it? 20 years? 30 years?

It's like the PURSUIT? Has become the objective..........when in reality science demands the objective to be a type specimen......and nothing less.

It sounds like all of you are jealous. The show is good and people like it. If it was as terrible as you try to make it sound it would of died in the first season.

They go everywhere and try everything I've never sen anything like it before. I think they have the perfect mix with a skeptical biologist, a lawyer turned Bigfoot extraordinaire, a rock star footer, and a school teacher. They tear into witnesses like the FBI and investigate the story well.

All the other methods, Les Stroud, the military snipers, have had there chance but haven't done any better than the Finding Bigfoot team.

Really? Consider this.........when Roger Patterson filmed the PGF? It's a well known fact that Bob Gimlin was standing close by with a rifle in his hands. Before going out to look for the creature they discussed it and decided not to shoot the creature if they ran across it.

This decision robbed science of a type specimen. And instead gave us a film clip that is still debated about as far as it's authenticity to this very day.

Someone with a gun that is intent on using it will...............ALWAYS do better than a "Finding Bigfoot" type of team.........why? Because in the off chance that they bump into one? They have a tool at there disposal that has the potential to SOLVE THE MYSTERY ONCE AND FOR ALL.

What sort of world would we have grown up in if Sasquatch was proven to exist in the late 60's.........before many of us were born. Do you think it would have had profound implications on society? Biology? Game management? I think so.

I can see your point norseman in one sense, yet to many of us, the Bigfoot phenomenon is not a big mystery. To see them do what they do has a profound effect on a person's attitude toward them. I can't fully explain it and don't claim to have all the answers, but when they have trusted you enough to openly show themselves, you are never the same! It quenches the fire of proving it to others. That becomes a very moot point in ones life.

Yes, there will always chance sightings, but you will not see or hear them if you have hunting and trapping intentions. How do they know, I have no idea but they do know!

I don't have a clue where the "Harveting" of a specimen will end. I can say there are recorded instances of people shooting a Bigfoot has ended tragically for not one, but groups of armed men back in the 1800's. Just something I think a person should carefully consider before acting upon it...

I take it for what it is....A show designed for the masses. I actually like how Bobo thinks outside the box. We don't know what works, or what doesn't, at this point, but he's out there putting in work. I watched him yesterday on MSN, and Conan tonight, and he's putting the DNA stuff into the mainstream. Has there ever been BF exposure like this before?

Did the Patterson film generate a lot of hype back when they filmed it?

What is the end result of this show? More grainy camera trap photos? A inconclusive infrared photo? A couple of new sound recordings? Another track cast?

Welcome to the world of Bigfoot.

Here's the issue: "Assassinating Bigfoot" is a 10 minute film. Once someone knows that Bigfoot has been shot, it's a done deal. There aren't extra ads, nor more sponsors, etc, etc. There is no reason to continue the search. No one cares about Bo Bob being tall, Ranae being the worst and least logical biological investigator ever, MM, being a complete moron yelling "Squatch" at every bump and rustle, and the other guy.... oh wait he's such a non entity I don't remember his name.. In comparison to actually Finding Bigfoot the show is successful because of the lack of interactivity between the characters. The new "pop up video" style balloons make it even less serious than it was before.

1 show of a bunch of serious hunters/special forces guys, hitting a habituation area with the only intent of waiting out Bigfoot and assassinating the first they saw, would be a SUPER BORING SHOW, even though it would prove Bigfoot exists

As a result it WILL NEVER HAPPEN THIS WAY.

Bigfoot will finally be proven real when accidentally hit by a car on a back road

A show without a tremendous amount of luck, won't be successful in finding Bigfoot. Read accounts of snipers doing their jobs and sitting in trees for days to take 1 shot, No one will watch that show it would be tedious and incredible boring.

St. G-

Edited by St. George

BFF Patron

Very true Madison.

ANYONE, skeptic or proponent alike that thinks for a second that this show is somehow supposed to be taken seriously as a research program....well....I'll just leave it at that.

On another side note, I have never seen an episode. Sort of a personal boycott.

The show should just be called "It's a squatch!"

Cheers for you on the boycott. It takes a strong person (and prob. one that has never seen a Sasquatch to do such a thing). The show is purely entertainment and gives audiences, including live ones at town hall meetings, the chance to pony up their own suspected encounters. My question is why isn't the BFRO database expanding at the same rate as the reruns?! Matt needs to hire a trusted webmaster with data entry skills. Or, perhaps, they have the private fodder now for another 20 years of constipated expeditions. Either way, if it were not for PGF and MM/BFRO's database it is very likely I'd never have started down this path and had a sighting. Those two, in that order. I'd be lying if I didn't pony up.

Tim are you an accounts rep/marketer for the show? LOL. A little over the top. Not jealous, just cognizant of the hype.

Yep, it's the train wreck that everybody is looking for, like a maxi-version of Bobo falling off the back porch and down the stairs with nightvision in the Fla. episode, but on a grander scale. Like BF tosses a 40 lb. boulder they catch it in slo mo while it takes out a rental SUV....something along those lines.

j/k on that last one

I don't know what other type of format they could use for the show. They investigate sightings, hold a townhall with locals, and then go out and see what they can find on their own. I really don't think there is another format that would consistently draw viewers. It's definitely my favorite show. I watch it over football!

Guest wudewasa

The majority of people watch "Finding Bigfoot" to see what silliness the team will enthrall us with each week. It's just like viewers tuning in to see Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera hurt themselves on "Jack-ass," or Steve Irwin getting scratched/bitten/pooped on while yelling "CRIKEY!" on "The Crocodile Hunter."

"Give them bread and circuses and they will never revolt." - Juvenal

Edited by wudewasa