Finding Bigfoot

Guest poignant

They have funding no doubt, and I'll bet three out of the fantastic four are sincere in their research, but it is the TV producers who hold the cards and we all know that the mainstream media is unbiased, independent, and unimpeachable, right? /sarcasm.

BFF Patron

Tonights guest video on Finding Bigfoot seems to be the one surrounding the molting, kneeling BF caught on gamecam under an apple tree that had some analysis here by squatchdetective's thread..... many thought it looked owl-like but a lot of back and forth on it.

If it was "just entertainment" they would be filming in Hollywood.

Actually, having worked in Hollywood for nearly 10 years, it's generally too expensive to film there. That's why so much work goes to Canada. You couldn't do "finding bigfoot" on a stage. Location shooting, with a minimal film crew, is much less expensive. Post is done at the studio or in a hired post production house. Plus the fun of Finding Bigfoot is that they ARE all over the country, so viewers from all parts of the country are happy to see themselves represented. That's why they go everywhere and don't return to what we (and they) know are "hot spots". Its' all about keeping the viewers happy and continuing to watch the show.

Ask St. George, he'll corroborate this info.

It isn't even the producers who hold the card, it's the Studio that is pays the bills. Whomever the production executive is on FB reports to the vice president and president of production and THAT person calls the shots. This is likely some bigwig whose idea of being outside is walking from his 100k car to his air conditioned office and dressing on the weekends from Cabellas or REI, or maybe hanging at their second or third house in Jackson Hole.

Edited by madison5716

Madison is right regarding the shooting costs, and producer's reasons for shooting around the country. The show can't be shot in Hollywood and keep the costs in the arena they need to be for a reality show to be profitable.

The FB shooting schedule, and process probably looks something like this:

Multiple producers pitch various "ideas" for locations and shows. The head producer makes the calls for which they will do. Each producer has a mini production team that builds that episode, makes plans, and writes the script. Yes they write a script for what they want in each episode. The Hollywood team sets up interviews, locations, etc. Then the pre production team flies out to the location, meets up with the locals who have been hired (location people, camera people, sound people, PA's, etc) and finalizes interview arrangements, townhall meetings, etc. The Investigation and main Production Team are then flown in for a max of like 3 days. Everything is shot in that time, and done.

The above time frame is probably why Finding Bigfoot will never find bigfoot without accidentally stumbling across one. They are out in the woods for maybe a day or night of their production time. That's it.

Shooting at different hot spots does 2 things- it allows the background to change, and gives locals a little bit of a chance to appear on the show, giving national interest in the show.

As long as costs are low, and the revenue from advertisements and DVD sales are profitable, the show will be on the air.

St. G-

BFF Patron

I think St. G. is right, notice how now when they dump off one of the researcher's for the night, you never see them set up camp, break camp, just hike in with a light bar and hike out with a backpack.

Sure, their cameraman prob. has the back of a sleep in RV-camper for them, if they overnight it at all?

Which reminds me, why can't they spend the time for the unattended camp site one night instead of trying to herd BF? LOL.

^^Agree last nights show was weak, but man they turned the orchard squatch into a another baby hanging on it's mom. Quite trendy.

Guest mdhunter

What St.G and Madison said.

In response to Bipedalist's herding comment. Maybe they should practice herding something easy like sheep. Then graduate to trying to herd up deer to get some good practice. Once they get that deer herding thing down, they can work on herding up some cougars, bobcats, coyotes and foxes. Maybe after the dog and cat thing is tried for 20-30 years they will figure out it don't work very well before they try it on BF. Oops, it's already been tried on BF for 20-30 years without results.

I agree with the baby squatch seeming to become trendy.

Which reminds me, why can't they spend the time for the unattended camp site one night instead of trying to herd BF?

Insurance costs and production costs would be astronomical if they kept them camping there 24/7 for a couple of days. Plus, the actors HAVE to be SAG (Screen Actors Guild) which of course will not allow employees to be kept on the clock for 24/7! They HAVE to legally have an 8-hour sleep break between one "day" of production and the next. Plus legal meal breaks and work breaks. Double time starts after 8, time and a half after 10 and double time after 12 hours on any shoot, so even keeping a runner/production assistant on the roster that long can rack up the costs, not to mention what a good camera op and DP (Director of Photography) makes! SAG would scream bloody murder if they were working over 16 hours. I think you CAN do it, but then you have to give something like a 24-hour break between "days".

That's why when you start filming something on Monday morning with a 7am call time, with wrap at 9pm, the next day starts at 9am generally, ending 11pm and by Friday you have a noon call time and are shooting til 3am. It's all up to the various Guild rules and regs.

Except for when they are actually out in the woods, they have to hit their camera marks, unless you are operating entirely on steadicam, and their movements have to be carefully coordinated. Add in Craft Service, First Aid, and Teamsters etc and it's, well, a production!

This is why it's an entertainment show and not research documentation.

Edited by madison5716

Guest thermalman

I guess they could just set up a time lapsed cameras the first day they're there and then retrieve them at the end of the week, in the hopes of having something on them? :)

Edited by thermalman

That's sounds reasonable to me, or hiring someone to do it prior to the production team arriving by a few days. But the point is the search, not the finding. AFter they've found it, will anyone watch? It'll be a let down. UNLESS the species is proven, then i think it could get much more interresting. i just think with all the hubbub of a production team, even a small one, any BF's in the area will be long gone, except for bold single males maybe.

I can see the inconclusive apple tree game cam photo.. possibly being an owl. If it is an owl.. it is an owl And something else (a small critter), as well. That little paw (not a hand) is not from an owl, or what we think a BF hand looks like. Probably not a mama squatch carrying baby..unless the little ones have paws, and not hands. I gained nothing new from this episode, accept that the cast confirmed sasquatch is active in Vermont.. which I already know.

Edited by imonacan

His passion for far flung claims that cannot be proven, an alienating personality and a destiny that follows a money train in all aspects? Call him an entrepreneur, I see a train wreck in the works if he is the conductor.

But he's laughing,hands full of deposit slips, all the way to the bank

It is an owl and it is close to the game camera. Did everyone hear all the owl return calls they received?

the guy had the camera in a pine tree that was pretty thick,to look that big it would of had to be sitting right above the camera,low in the tree. owls like to sit where they have good vision and are able to take off without making noise, to avoid alarming prey.Their wings do not make noise,totally silent.

Edited by zigoapex

the guy had the camera in a pine tree that was pretty thick,to look that big it would of had to be sitting right above the camera,low in the tree. owls like to sit where they have good vision and are able to take off without making noise, to avoid alarming prey.Their wings do not make noise,totally silent.

It's not sitting, it's flying/landing. What does noise have to do with it? Game cams are motion activated.