Mr Green Clarifies His Challenge

I'm trying to figure out why a hoaxer or hoaxers would lay down around a thousand tracks at night on a road that was about to be paved a couple of hours from the nearest Bigfoot Festival. Why not on the edge of town?

Was Blue Creek Mountain Road going to be a paved road, or was it yet another brand, new logging road that was never destined to be paved?

I'm trying to think like a hoaxer but I'm afraid it will give me permanent brain damage.

I suspect the damage occurs first. That is what must compel such strange behavior.

Was Blue Creek Mountain Road going to be a paved road, or was it yet another brand, new logging road that was never destined to be paved?

According to John Green in The Apes Among Us most of the tracks were paved over while they were waiting for the zoologists. The road crew thought they were finished. The book's in the car and I need to get to bed but I'll find page numbers and quotes tomorrow.

I suspect the damage occurs first. That is what must compel such strange behavior.

A form of OCD perhaps?

Guest Kerchak

I'm trying to figure out why a hoaxer or hoaxers would lay down around a thousand tracks at night on a road that was about to be paved a couple of hours from the nearest Bigfoot Festival. Why not on the edge of town?

Any answer to your ponderings yet?

Why don't u two just agree to disagree and take a little walk in the woods?:)

Yikes, I'm afraid only one would come back!! :unsure: The police would get involved also, :ph34r: I'll deny any knowledge of anything! Ever! :ph34r:

Edited by Susiq2

Any answer to your ponderings yet?

Don't hold your breath. Logic like that tends to scare off the local Skeptics faster than a game cam seems to the big guy.

Question(s):

John Green wrote:

I have seen tracks crossing a steep slope with only the sides digging in.

Do we have man made tracks that can do this? Or in the case of Meldrum the "half track with curled toes" impression? What about time frames and technology?

It seems to me that we as a community concentrate too much on the tracks that could plausibly be made by a carved pine board. Instead of fighting over which track is a hoaxed Wallace track? Why not discuss something that is much harder to hoax?

I would be curious to know how such a track could be hoaxed, if they have in fact been already done.

Or in this case:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/keller-WA09.htm

How do you hoax that?

(and no malice intended, I'm seriously curious)