What Do You Think? Thought Provoking....

I don't think they are paranormal at all...but you gotta wonder sometimes, such weird stuff happens. I get why you might go to the woo side of the issue. I think they have some characteristics we are not familiar with. And there is no such thing as paranormal, just physics we don't know about yet. But who knows?

I have been followed home. I guess they can recognize your car. And maybe they just run along behind you a ways.

They act like animals not people a lot of times, I think. They are so weird. Tap tap tap. freaking apes. Makes me mad. It's scary, too, Sometimes I feel like I hate them. To be honest.

Well in the article I got the impression that he was also getting into the paranormal

I personally don't believe any of it (i don't believe in the paranormal at all), but I am interested in a believers opinion

Edited by MagniAesir

I'd be more interested in hearing about these "other cryptids" he talks about.

Well, I believe they're animals and probably our closest living relative. Maybe they are the "Sentinels of the Forest" but if they ARE close to man I have to think we have murderers and serial killers and I have to wonder if there is a sadistic squatch out there waiting to prey on an unsuspecting human. And by prey I don't necessarily mean food.

• 3 weeks later...
Well in the article I got the impression that he was also getting into the paranormal

I personally don't believe any of it (i don't believe in the paranormal at all), but I am interested in a believers opinion

I don't think Scott is referring to any paranormal experiences, just the fact of having your world turned upside down in a paradigm shift of massive proportions when you realize that what you think you know, might not in fact be so.

Good article, and very true IMO. I've had activity at my house several times, which is very near one of my research areas. Here's a nice footprint in some dead grass clippings right by my bedroom window, and took tremendous weight to make. I often wondered if they were returning the favor, and coming by my house. They are in town at night anyway going through trash, killing the relaxed 'City Deer', and of course pets.......perhaps they recognized my truck.

I think the kind of encounter that you have will dictate the mood & actions of the Bigfoot(s). Road and Curiosity encounters tend to be of a more benign nature. But the encounters that are based on Territory & Surprise, can be quite scary, and have surely lead to injury and even death in the past.

I suspect these creatures are very much like humans in their different personalities, nice ones, and some not so nice, but like humans, all will react in a negative way if they feel threatened. When Bigfooting, ask yourself, would this threaten or make me mad?

post-193-0-67501000-1355510603_thumb.jpg

I am so glad you guys are admitting that they follow you home. We travel 20 miles to leave the gifts of food and toys and yet they found us.

I do think there are things that can happen while in the field, not normally considered.

I suppose so! If you study lions or tigers, they are unlikely to follow you home! I'm really happy right now to live in the middle of the city!

Strange thread BUT. Myself and family had encounters in Minnesota. We moved to Eldorado, Texas, where son had an encounter and then further into West Texas, where we were "found" again. 40 plus years of experiences in MN, the two Texas encounters were both on our property next to the house, both times by the children's rooms. So, I think there must be something to the theory that "THEY know YOU know about them". Weird stuff for certain.

Now for many years back in Minnesota and incidents continue, some years more than others.

Edited by Maggie

Well, now, one could also make the case that you simply saw an animal, in an area where sightings have been reported, in each case.

I see squirrels and rabbits numerous places. But I don't presume they are following me around or alerting their buddies that I'm on the way.

Guest BastetsCat

Well, now, one could also make the case that you simply saw an animal, in an area where sightings have been reported, in each case.

I see squirrels and rabbits numerous places. But I don't presume they are following me around or alerting their buddies that I'm on the way.

I so totally want to go Montey Python here. Rabbits indeed.

Strange thread BUT. Myself and family had encounters in Minnesota. We moved to Eldorado, Texas, where son had an encounter and then further into West Texas, where we were "found" again. 40 plus years of experiences in MN, the two Texas encounters were both on our property next to the house, both times by the children's rooms. So, I think there must be something to the theory that "THEY know YOU know about them". Weird stuff for certain.

Now for many years back in Minnesota and incidents continue, some years more than others.

I can relate to that. Having had numerous encounters. Thank You for saying so, I often feel like the only one.

Guest VioletX

Bastets Cat- Do you think they are merely curious, wanting to causse harm or fear, or simply courting you ?

Do you feel in danger or do you feel just like they are invading your space and privacy.

I am sure that if I thought they were something paranormal I would be worried too, so for you there is the not knowing aspect I guess...

But anyway, why assume they mean you harm?

Guest BastetsCat

I have never run from them, you don't run from anything in the woods or anything wild.

To me it depends on the individual BF. I have been out and felt like oh okay your over there and oh okay you want me to stay over here.... I have had the impression that there are a few that would have carted me away too....it just depends on the individual. I would not tromp up to a bear and say hi. I would not do that to a BF either. The difference with bears and BF is that If I know they are there I start to talk, nervous habit. If I start laughing it means I am terrified....seriously.

I have had non threatening experiences with them, but I am ultra careful to be respectful and cautious. I refuse to have a sunshine and flowers viewpoint. I have seen them using one as a focal point in non threatening situations while the others circled around behind...to me that means I am being flanked...that is a practice in war and video games....so pay attention to everything around you when you witness one. I don't say this to illicit fear, but if it keeps another person from having a bad experience then....good.

If they really want to Get you they will, or easily could. However take into consideration their viewpoint. Could they feel threatened? You don't want to make any wild thing feel threatened, let alone something as large and powerful as a BF. I believe that most people are relatively safe around them. Considering that most people will never even realize that they are near...They seem in my opinion to like to freak people out. Here is a danger as well. Could you irritate one if you don't leave when it threatens? What length would it go to to make you leave.

Chances are you will never hear about the one that actually hits someone with a rock. I think by that point the person is a goner.

Honestly to me they are like cats...when you want them to leave you alone they want to irritate you. For whatever reason I seem to stumble into the places that they are, and actually see them. I am not always the first person to see them in the group. I call it bad luck, others might call it something else. In short....I have no idea why.

Edited by BastetsCat

Guest VioletX

Thanks for sharing your experiences Bastetscat.

I like that idea that they are like cats, haha,well maybe they are attracted to you like you are catnip-yikes!

It is so strange that you would keep encountering them, what a mystery, intriguing for those of us not having the problem...

I be they are so rarely dangerous, have we ever heard of anyone who has been knocked unconscious by a rock or even been killed by a flying rock?

Maybe I should google that.

I think the guy is paranoid.

Explain to me how Bigfoot A picks you out of a crowd in State A, and then you go visit state B and have encounters with Bigfoot B-Z because of Bigfoot A?

If true? Then we are not talking about a animal........we are not talking about a human.......we are talking about something else entirely.