What Do You Think? Thought Provoking....

I think the guy is paranoid.

Explain to me how Bigfoot A picks you out of a crowd in State A, and then you go visit state B and have encounters with Bigfoot B-Z because of Bigfoot A?

If true? Then we are not talking about a animal........we are not talking about a human.......we are talking about something else entirely.

Had rabbits follow me around, man. Rabbits. MD? Rabbits. UT? Rabbits. PA? RABBITS! 5000 miles and they're tracking me all the way.

This is what gets me from some proponents: no way that this could be, you know, an animal that, you know, its range is such that you could actually see them in two different places...?

Edited by DWA

Guest wild eyed willy

My take on this article is : be ware of writers who meander around the main issue but never jump right in to address it. Never trust a story when the subject matter is alluded to but not put out straight forward. This to me screams teaser and that is all it is. A commercial to get you to part with some money to find out the details he claims to have.

Guest BastetsCat

I believe it only because ot the one that Whistled at me in Florida....I have a theory about human body frequency that could have something to do with it. It could also be that BF have a more 'spiritual' (NOT RELIGIOUS) ability to see people. There are many reasons that they could sense something in certain people. It could be something about the person.

I do believe that they are flesh and blood and of this world. Same as we are.

I know that there are people that can know. Perhaps these people are important....I say that and it makes me feel weird because I am one of these people. I will post more about my theory when I have a little more time. I work 12 hour shifts and need to get ready for work right now.

He saw a dogman really clearly one time, and has picture and video, I think.

I am not sure I agree with him 100% but I know what he means. I get it. It starts out an adventure--Monsters are about, let's see if we can get a look at one!--and turns into an obsession that is a little uncomfortable, maybe not so safe. It starts to feel kind of creepy. Yet you don't stop.

He doesn't say they are "paranormal," and I don't think he means that, either. Some people think they follow you home....Christopher Noel was the first one I heard give that opinion. And you can take my word for it that as you go on, over time, it can get sort of weirder and weirder.

He should be taken seriously--not believed, per se, but his opionions considered seriously. Here is a researcher with a track record you can examine, videos, interviews, participation on panels, etc. He has the respect of other researchers, it appears.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest BastetsCat

My take on this article is : be ware of writers who meander around the main issue but never jump right in to address it. Never trust a story when the subject matter is alluded to but not put out straight forward. This to me screams teaser and that is all it is. A commercial to get you to part with some money to find out the details he claims to have.

Not in my case...though I understand what you mean. If I ever do that, it is becasue I have been ridiculed and don't like to share. So there is another side of a well thought out coin.

We take a bare bones approach to reports. We know little of the habits of the people that report an encounter. We discount what they believe and have less information about the people that report than we do about the creatures. Because all people are....people.

Maybe there is something to a persons frequency. I learned about frequency a few years ago in relation to treating cancer. A low body frequency almost always invited illness. It was not something that could be seen with the naked eye, though there have been machines that can measure it. My father died of cancer four years ago. Every living thing has a frequency. Some people have higher frequency than others. And by the way this is not a new age theory entirely. Though most of the energy work done in done in those modalities of medicine.

In my opinion there is a reason that some people are frequent seers.....More than wanting them to be discovered at this point now, I find that I want to know what it is that they look for in people. I want to know why some people see them; I want to know why I see them. For me this is all theory at this point. Please do not flame me for this. I think there could be something to discovering the why.

Having been discounted for having seen more than one and for having life long experiences, I want to know why. In my opinion Melba Ketchum's study has proven them, I don't care if it is published yet or not....I already believed. I have been forced to believe my whole life. Even so I do not strive to make others believe, that is your own deal and I am happy to leave you to your journey of discovery or denial.....up to you.

Hmmm. I like the "frequency" theory. I don't believe in completely dismissing everything because if we obviously knew all there was about this animal (being?), they wouldn't be so difficult to find. And I have been forced to believe my whole life as well.(shrug) I am not super worried either what other people think either, it's enough that I know.

Edited by Maggie

Well somehow I can't see BF walking up to dogman and saying "hey that researcher over there knows about us, why don't you present yourself to him as well"

I just re-read the article and just find it self-serving

Pretty good since june of 2009 he has not only seen BF but a dogman as well

Taken from the article

You will experience things you can not record on film or produce “evidence†of, you will be frustrated constantly by camera malfunctions, blobsquatches, and noises you plainly heard but your equipment did not pick up.

That statement above is an example of why I got the impression that he was talking about the paranormal. Another was this

I can not explain this but some people are what I called “marked†by the Bigfoot. No matter where you go, if there are Bigfoot in the area they will find you and make themselves known to you. On average it takes a couple days in an area for the “locals†to find you. Then all the “odd†stuff begins to happen.

Of course you may take a different meaning from those statements

Edited by MagniAesir

Guest BastetsCat

Frequency is just one part of the idea for me. The beginning of an idea to ponder. Some dogs can sense illness in people, could that be why they sense it. Having a heightened sense of frequency? It is a normal scientific explanation that can be proven, or at least tested.

To be honest, I had several experiences in Colorado. I lived in Texas and had what I think could have been an encounter. Lake Azle I was babysitting and heard noises outside....against better judgement I ripped the curtains open and looked into the face of a 'gorilla' looking thing. I did not ever put the gorilla looking thing into the BF catagory because I really had no idea that BF were supposed to be gorilla's. Lived miles away in Boyd. Had no other encounters, but odd feelings in the woods a few times.

When I lived in Florida a few years later, outside of Bunnell, I heard something that would whistle every night as it walked around the trailer. It was so loud. I lived in a little trailer park that was just a few trailers and maybe one house. Never associated that with BF either until I read other reports years later.

When I was growing up I never gave BF much thought, it was something that lived in the Pacific northwest. Not in Colorado, Texas, or Florida. The things I saw in Colorado were 'monsters' from my childhood. The story used to explain the face in the window was a Gorilla escaped from the FortWorth Zoo...umm that is too many miles away, but at the time I believed it because I wanted it to be that. I didn't want it to be a monster. I am not sure that I want it to be a BF either but with a hooded nose and large eyes browridge and all hairy, it probably was. The Florida one was just audio and was kind of neat. It was that whistle that earned me more sightings over the years since in Colorado.

As for Paranormal...I have always been more aware than most people that I know. I do not like the word paranormal, but there is no better one. I have also lived in Kansas and Wyoming...never had a sighting of any sort in either place. I have vacationed in or traveled across the entire south from New Mexico to Florida....nothing.

This idea mixed with lack of sleep is making me batty. So here goes. The whole star wars thing....the force is strong with this one, kind of thing. I know people that are like that, they can actually pick up in other people and 'find' them. Again the men who stare at goats idea of developed abilities. Enough science has been proven about this that our own military has remote viewers, and that is what it is called....remote viewing.

At any rate I think that it is possible. If they are indeed part human then they at least in part have every ability that humans can posses.

To be honest, I had several experiences in Colorado. I lived in Texas and had what I think could have been an encounter. Lake Azle I was babysitting and heard noises outside....against better judgement I ripped the curtains open and looked into the face of a 'gorilla' looking thing. I did not ever put the gorilla looking thing into the BF catagory because I really had no idea that BF were supposed to be gorilla's. Lived miles away in Boyd.

Tell us more about this. You looked right into its face....how close? Then what?

When I was growing up I never gave BF much thought, it was something that lived in the Pacific northwest. Not in Colorado, Texas, or Florida. The things I saw in Colorado were 'monsters' from my childhood. The story used to explain the face in the window was a Gorilla escaped from the FortWorth Zoo...umm that is too many miles away, but at the time I believed it because I wanted it to be that. I didn't want it to be a monster. I am not sure that I want it to be a BF either but with a hooded nose and large eyes browridge and all hairy, it probably was.

On another thread someone talks about how all the sightings are just people goodheartedly participating in folklore. I told him that he was overlooking one part of the folklore: that there are none of these outside the Pacific Northwest, so how does that explain people seeing them in other places?

Guest BastetsCat

For me BF was something that lived in the Pacific Northwest. I had heard the stories. The Yeti was something a world away. I saw the stories on television just like everyone else. Leonard Nemoy. If you remember there were no Pictures. I don't remember ever seeing the PGF film. I do remember seeing a sketch on television of the one that attacked a logger on a show and my parents, father specifically not letting me finish the prgram because I got freaked out and said that was the monster that I had seen in the Ski lodge doorway....My father did what all fathers would do and changed the channel then told me that that was in the Pacific Northwest. Long ways away.

I did not come to the realization that those things were BF until I was much older. Even then the society belief was that they were only in the PNW....Not Colorado.

Even then it was the finding of the internet and reading about them and finding the stories that helped me to realize. The one in Florida....I had used that whistle because it was neat ever since 1985 when I first heard it. Never saw it, but I heard the footfalls. it was something big on two feet.

The gorilla. I was babysitting in a house that was lakefront. My moms boyfriends sister. The adults went out together and I was like 12 or something that summer. I remember being terrified, turning on every light in the house and sitting at the bottom of the stairs terrified until parents came home and refusing to unlock the door because it was out there. I made some kind of strangled scream when I saw it...and slammed the curtains closed. I remember my heart beating out of my chest, and wanting to cry.

When I told the adults....they were unimpressed. The sister told everyone that there was a gorilla escaped from the zoo....they were drunk so was it a joke? I have no idea. I was not invited to babysit again because it scared the kids so bad. We did not tell ghost stories or anything, the kids seemed to expect it.

I had forgotten about it to be honest. It was just a gorilla. Years later my mother brought it up to me. She asked me if I thought it was a BF, because it was an improbable distance for a gorilla to travel from the FortWorth Zoo. At that time she thought that I was seeing things that were paranormal. That I could see them because I was special and others couldn't. We had a talk about it around the time that I was having the river experiences. So that was around 2002 ish. She did tell me that there were things said among the adults that made her wonder what I had seen, but she didn't want to scare me at the time. I was really freaked out.

My mother doesn't think that anymore. She saw two standing on the side of the road about three years ago in Colorado.

She also told me that shortly after I was born my sister saw one looking in a window at me in my crib. I was born in Novato California. I would have been a couple of weeks old. My father got really upset about it and went outside to investigate....my mom would not elaborate on the whole thing. She just said...they like you apparently. My parents moved back to Colorado not long after I was born. My father always said he had never seen one, but that they were in the PNW. Hearing about the one looking in the window in California made me realize that my father did not discount them. He always believed me when I told him about the things that I had seen in Colorado.

My father was and is remembered as a man that knew mountains. He was a prominent figure in Colorado. He was born and raised in these mountains and knew them well. He never had any kind of a sighting in 85 years of life. He wouldn't talk about California with me, though by the time my mother told me about that thing in California he was in the beginning of the end of his life. He died of cancer and his memory was gone for the most part. He couldn't even remember my name a few months later, but he knew who I was.

So that is all I know about that.

I did ask him if he had covered up tracks that morning after I had seen the one in the doorway of the lodge when I was Five years old. He would never answer me. His thing was to smile and shake his head. If he hadn't he would have told me I was crazy. Or that it was a walking nightmare or something. He would just change the subject.

I guess I'm wondering...you saw it and then what? Closed the curtains immediately? Stared at it until...?

You say hooded nose, large eyes, browridge. Anything else?

Yes, I'm going for a detailed description. I haven't seen one. :blind:

Overlap with the Missing 411 material?

Yeah many people for whatever reason have an airy-fairy bambi-like innocuous view of wildlife. Some even think that BF are our forest friends... :crazy:

Who knows what an intelligent 500lb cursorial primate could or would do?

Given what known primates are capable of, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine...and be afraid...very afraid...and rightly so.

Frequency is just one part of the idea for me. The beginning of an idea to ponder. Some dogs can sense illness in people, could that be why they sense it. Having a heightened sense of frequency? It is a normal scientific explanation that can be proven, or at least tested.

"Frequency"?

No.

Scent?

Yes.

Canine noses are far more sensitive than ours, and even we can smell "sick" if it's concentrated enough.

I had only heard rumors about the “Dogman†until I captured it on video and then later made direct eye contact with one. I was not looking for them and definitely did not want to see one.

Am I conclude from the author that if you see BF then you will eventually see Dogman?

Does this imply that Dogman is as real as BF?

Of that the phenomenon behind Dogman and BF is similar or the same?

I had put the dogman claim in a different mental bucket than BF (with totally different evidentiary trail) and never thought they were connected.

Glad that I am in this forum, otherwise I would not be aware of the diverse number of hypotheses being proposed to explain the mystery.

Yet some who have seen BF, believe that they are 100% certain of what the BF phenomenon is and got it all wrapped up.

SSR Team

Well, now, one could also make the case that you simply saw an animal, in an area where sightings have been reported, in each case.

I see squirrels and rabbits numerous places. But I don't presume they are following me around or alerting their buddies that I'm on the way.

Not sure if the comparisons are decent there to be fair, we're talking about a MUCH rarer animal, undoubtedly, probably even THE rarest animal in North America.

North America is thought to be home to half of the worlds rabbit population however.

I was thinking about this "being followed theory" This is only my opinion, but maybe after seeing or having a BF encounter, you are made more aware of them.

Similar to one of those pictures where you see can two images, just by looking at it differently. At first, all you see is the young woman....but once your mind has been opened to the whole picture, you also see the old woman. You will always be aware of it when you look at the picture going forward. So for people who have never had an experience, they might overlook a "sound" or a "shadow" and not think twice about it. But for someone who has had an an encounter, they know what could possibly be out there are more keenly aware.( vs being "targeted" or "followed")

Just my thoughts.

Edited by simplyskyla