Dismal Swamp 11/24/2012

Guest Cervelo

Guest Cervelo

Rode a couple of trails in the NE part of the swamp.

Very windy and a liitle chilly.

Off trail was very wet, guess that's why it's called a swamp LOL

Regardless of what made this when your poop cast a shadow...your the Boss!

92AA83C8-7787-4B3A-A3E9-F9F9B2D4FDA3-2523-000003F7CE073198.jpg

Powerline and not to far are railroad tracks...Bigfoot travel hub?

Cool old bridge

CC504A8A-E671-4494-8101-EAAB0697BEC9-2939-0000048A7C5AE21A.jpg

This trail sucked but was the only way to make it out before dark...very slow going and bad mojo the whole time

FEEF5E72-397D-4591-BE82-A1124E8B4B1D-2939-0000048A8D1CDB32.jpg

Pretty funny listening to yourself when you've let your imagination get the best of you!

Guest Cervelo

It's in SE Va/ NE NC

Awesome place during the winter to buggy during the spring and summer.

Another vid of me chickening out cause I got my feet wet! LOL some days ya got it others not so much...

Edited by Cervelo

Was the giant poo in the middle of the trail, Cerv? I found a pile like that in the middle of the gravel road near my family home some years ago....I was intrigued by it, as I thought it looked nothing like the usual bear scat (big loose piles of browse, berry seeds, etc) I was used to.... The bear (assuming that was the cuprit) had been eating apples ( I assume) in the orchard next door, giving its poo more bulk ( I assume).

I might have found the source of your poo. Take a look at the last video in the first post at the 6 and 14 second mark and let me know what you see to the left and right of the tree.

We need red and/or yellow circles!! I want details LOL!

Cerv, did you not notice the (now five pounds lighter and relieved) Wood Booger doing yoga behind the tree just feet from you? You really ought to hone those observation skills, man!...Now if only it was a *white* one...<grin> That whole "duck and stay still" thing just can't work as well for lighter color morphs...

For the life of me I cannot figure out to cut and paste in to this forum post or I would break it down for. You can clearly make out the profile of what looks like a brown ape on the left with clear ear, mouth, eye and nose and arm resting on something that could be the bigger black guy's shoulder that is standing on the left. The black guy on the left looks like he is peeking around the tree and you can clearly see the left half of his face and body. Those FB/FB guys could probably break it down for you and turn it in to a 30 minute video.

Dude, go read that 411 East book and I dare you to go back and look for footprints by yourself. Those two guys could have reached out and strangled you in half a step. It was so obvious to me that I saw it at full speed while watching a movie with family and was not really paying attention to it.

The funny thing is I was on 58 heading out of VB on Saturday and probably drove right by your location. I only watched it in the other thread because I saw it was in the dismal swamp which I have been meaning to explore one day while in VB staying with the inlaws.

Edited by NCBRR