Am I The Only One Really Wanting This To Be Over So I Can Move On?

1 hour ago, LeafTalker said:

"And boy I feel your pain. Ok, not, but boy I *see* it."  

I laughed, but I do think there are many paths to truth..... I do not have a lifelong interest in animals and the outdoors. I have had an interest in spiritual things for a long time now, though, and the BF are great teachers in that arena. But because of the BF, who pulled me out into the woods, I have a new awareness of what's out there in the natural world, and I want to be in that world more often now, regardless of who I meet there.

I think what Mulder (the OP) said about liking debate was interesting. I have always thought that love of "debate" was just something the pretend skeptics (not the true ones) had to fall back on as a justification for their presence here. It seemed clear to me that a knower (like Mulder) would be here for very different reasons -- to push forward that day when they were "vindicated" (as Mulder said was a motivator for him, but was never an issue for me); to kind of boast about their new knowledge (which I'm sad to say probably WAS more of an issue for me); or just to share the information they now had (which was part of my motivation, in addition to ego). 

Debate for debate's sake didn't seem like a very worthy thing, to me.

But the spiritual lessons that the BF teach (like the spiritual lessons that all beings and situations teach) maybe show that debate -- even about things that, to me, are not debatable (I cannot unknow what I know to please someone who doesn't know) -- is not so bad, after all. The main lesson the BF (and all beings/situations) are here to teach is really about the paradox I talked about recently in another thread (and always talk about): that we are at one and the same time sovereign, unique beings, and connected to all other beings. And we don't "connect" well. We feel we've connected only when we "win"; when we dominate. But no one person is ever supposed to dominate. We are only meant to talk to each other, which is a way (although only one of many) to express, to honor, that underlying connection we all have. 

So now, more than ever, I appreciate what drove Mulder to "debate" here and wish he -- or she? -- were still here to do it. I think he/she was right: "resolution" is not the point. Talking is. Connecting is. (And being respectful while doing it.)

I think that is the most succinct statement I've ever heard concerning these things.  

I cannot unknow what I know.  I can't.  Others can't.  But for some windbag to tell us we're mass hallucinating - that's an idiot - and there's no getting around it.

3 hours ago, LeafTalker said:

"And boy I feel your pain. Ok, not, but boy I *see* it."  

I laughed, but I do think there are many paths to truth..... I do not have a lifelong interest in animals and the outdoors.

And there are always exceptions...to every rule.  ;-)

4 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I think that is the most succinct statement I've ever heard concerning these things.  

I cannot unknow what I know.  I can't.  Others can't.  But for some windbag to tell us we're mass hallucinating - that's an idiot - and there's no getting around it.

An idiot, or worse (but why go there, she said to herself, as sternly as she could).

And that "unknow" thing just fell out of my mouth, but my subconscious stole it from Sasfooty: 

1 hour ago, DWA said:

And there are always exceptions...to every rule.  ;-)

Yeah, I don't even know now why I thought that part of what I said was important to say. You made it pretty clear you already knew about all the exceptions.  :-) And I actually agree with you a gazillion percent that being out there as much as possible is the surest way to get the contact we want (or, for some of us, the contact we don't want). 

• masterbarber locked this topic