Am I The Only One Really Wanting This To Be Over So I Can Move On?

When something unknown is identified, I lose a little of the draw to the unknown. In this case, though, I think I might be MORE interested, depending on what the results of the test are. I find a contemporary hominid fascinating. The current shenanigans... not so much.

Tim B.

For me, if Bigfoot is declared a species its going to open a new can of worms for me, its going to go from "are they real?" to "who are they?". And I just can't wait to start that new chapter.

Awwww, just trying lighten the mood a little.

Oh no! I wasn't singling out any posts/posters. If (when?) Bigfoot is confirmed I would think a party would certainly be in order. A rockin squatchin party!

As I look back on some of the older threads, I see that some of you have been here for years... I cannot blame you at all for getting tired of it all.

For me, this all just began in mid-August. It's all still new and exciting for me. This was an amazing time to become aware of the subject - the technology is there to bring real data to the table - DNA, hd vids, little itty bitty cameras, audio recorders, game cameras, thermals etc. I find that hopeful.

The Ketchum Study will just be the tip of the iceberg, if it does ever come out. Sykes will be next and then who knows who else? There will be more - it'll need to be repeated and replicated or proved inconclusive or wrong. And if there are multiple types/breeds/species of bigfoot out there, there are still loops to be thrown. This could go on for years...

And there might be money out there to be put towards real studies... ongoing funded explorations and research.

I myself have been considering some sort of non-profit advocacy organization once it becomes clearer what we are dealing with. Even if bigfoot is nothing more than an intelligent North American great ape species, it is deserving of more study and protections and research. I would like to be in on that in some way. Not necessarily doing field work - my heel spur and Plantar Fasciitis makes long treks unreasonable - but I still want to contribute in some way.

Luckily for me, there seem to be "quite a few" troops or individuals within an hour drive... I should be able to work on getting those pix and audio and experiences. That's my goal. Someone telling me what they are is not enough - I want to know for my own edification and experience.

Besides, we like camping and hiking. Doubt we'll stop that (though I will bring more people and gear!)

Gosh Mulder, having it proven to be real is just the beginning. That kind of result will bleed over into at least one , possibly two of the alternative topics you listed as a back up interest. It behooves you to stick with it to the bitter end, there will still be plenty to debate, I'm sure.

Just because it's *possible* that it could be declared real in months to come, the real task is observing LONG-TERM and documenting and understanding the species.

The BF field has diametrically opposed views on 'what' they are, what they can and can't do, where they live and don't live, and without truely understanding who and what they are, we've got a LONG, LONG way to go.

The party is just getting warmed up with PROOF of discovery.

SSR Team

I've been doing some serious thinking the last day or so, and I've reached the conclusion that if/when BF is documented, I'll probably be moving on.

I get the feeling that you'll be around for a while then Mulder as i don't think the current things going on are going to cut it, and that's not based on anything other than what my own eyes see and read.

But anyway, if i'm wrong, who are you kidding ?

You'll feel a million dollars and you never know, we might just, only just, might be able to learn more about these Animals and that for me is why i'm in it, not to prove to the world that they exist.

I agree that it's gotten way too annoying and frustrating. Personally, I am going to boycott all future Melba threads until an actual report has been read by me.

Who will join me in pledging not to add to any Melba Ketchum threads until they have read the report? This is my last 'til then.

Kings canyon i wish I had a nickel for everytime I have said I was done reading the Ketchum thread untill the report was released. I always have to take a peak after a while though, lol.

Guest Primate

I really like the party idea . But , for me the question has almost always been about "what they are " as opposed to "if they are ". So I see my curiosity getting deeper in the years to come .

Guest VioletX

I really like the party idea . But , for me the question has almost always been about "what they are " as opposed to "if they are ". So I see my curiosity getting deeper in the years to come .

ditto

I have been struggling my whole life to be over it. A childhood of nightmares. A teenage experience to reopen the scar. An adult break in relationship between me and people I respect and want to respect me. When you know you are right and people call you crazy...

Out of this was born a desire to vindicate myself. For years I watched and waited and educated myself on all things BF . Waiting for the matter to be resolved by science. Along came the BFRO and I thought it would be done. Years passed and nothing changed. Then DNA testing! Years passed and nothing changed. That was when I thought it was time to start gathering evidence myself.

In the time since I have made my decision I have made good progress. Someone crossing the goal line of proof means I can lay this down and reclaim parts of myself lost to this mental baggage. Whoever that may be... MK, BS, or someone else myself included. It has to be real science I believe in. My healing can't start 'til I have an acceptance of my experience by my peers. That can not happen if the proof is lost in the presentation.

I will not go to my grave being the "boy who cried bigfoot".

Um did somebody say we are going to have a party??? oh craps there goes my pledge!

The debut of such a lovely debutante is a very special occasion. How should we celebrate? Skeptic kabobs, maybe. Dumpster buffet with primate punch. I would like to personally tell James Randi, if I may.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Guest spurfoot

I myself have been considering some sort of non-profit advocacy organization once it becomes clearer what we are dealing with. Even if bigfoot is nothing more than an intelligent North American great ape species, it is deserving of more study and protections and research. I would like to be in on that in some way. Not necessarily doing field work - my heel spur and Plantar Fasciitis makes long treks unreasonable - but I still want to contribute in some way.

madison, I understand about the heel spur. Hence my avatar name spurfoot. Fortunately a good doc can usually fix it. Mine is fixed now.

It depends on the context of the question. In your sense, yes, I do wish it to be over and done with (Sasquatch is proven to exist and that's the end of it), however, I will not move on and "retire" the subject.

1. I will still camp and look for Bigfoot.

2. I will still participate on the Bigfoot Forums.

3. I will have fun and share my hobbies with my friends and peers (which I have already done to a decent extent).

• masterbarber locked this topic