"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

Oh, man, bigtex - those are two beautiful animals! I'd feel safe, too. Just beautiful. An acquaintence had a wolf and he kinda scared me but another friend had a Ridgeback and those are just neat dogs (except that it ripped the worst farts EVER).

I'm sorry, but I get so tired of the explotation of bigfooting with sensational stories that simply come from an author who has a book to sale. It's like bigfoot is still stuck in the realm of the National Enquirer.

It's a 'nice/sad story'... show me the documentation that ALL these claimed events and participation by so MANY high level agencies were really involved.

First off,David Paulides never ever says it is because Bigfoot is eating kids or taking them,he leaves that to the reader to form his own conclusion..He focuses on the odd disappearances in our national parks and that's all..

Guest vasquatch1984

First off,David Paulides never ever says it is because Bigfoot is eating kids or taking them,he leaves that to the reader to form his own conclusion..He focuses on the odd disappearances in our national parks and that's all..

I agree. He says that people need to keep an open mind to these types of things. If you go in with the thought of "oh its bigfoot" as an explanation then its going to cloud an open mind. I think that's always been a peeve of mine in this field, is that people are either to quick to dismiss or to quick to say it is bigfoot. I think we need to be open to all possibilities. Until mainstrean sciences recognizes Bigfoot, then we will just have to wait

I agree. He says that people need to keep an open mind to these types of things. If you go in with the thought of "oh its bigfoot" as an explanation then its going to cloud an open mind. I think that's always been a peeve of mine in this field, is that people are either to quick to dismiss or to quick to say it is bigfoot. I think we need to be open to all possibilities. Until mainstrean sciences recognizes Bigfoot, then we will just have to wait

I see this video but I cannot find it now about sink holes all over the Smokey mountains,and I wonder if that is what happen to Dennis Martin..

I'm sorry, but I get so tired of the explotation of bigfooting with sensational stories that simply come from an author who has a book to sale. It's like bigfoot is still stuck in the realm of the National Enquirer.

It's a 'nice/sad story'... show me the documentation that ALL these claimed events and participation by so MANY high level agencies were really involved.

Well, I think the Dennis Martin case is well documented, so no doubt it happened. However, the only thing associating it with BF is this book. I don't think BF ever came into anyone's mind concerning this until then.

It's just another case of someone taking some known facts and making a big leap with them to turn it into a BF story

Although I did think it weird that in the Denis Marten and the NY case, that the Green Berets were called in. My uncle was an ex Green Beanie and he'd never heard of that. He stated that something weird and huge would have to have been going on for something like that to happen......

**edit**

The Parks Service official reports says United States Special Forces were used in the search. Green Berets were specifically mentioned.

That's the only reason I am bothering with this. Hopefully we can all fact check the story and help lend some clarity. All I see so far is a missing child case with a possible abduction, but by a human, not a BF.

Edited by Rockape

Guest wild eyed willy

This reminds me of the old joke, what do you feed a 500LB canary? Anything he wants, but do it quickly.

For BF I have to supose they could easily make off with any person or three they might choose. The question for me arises why there are no signs of what happened.

Kelley loves to watch those crime solving shows on tv, and the minimal evidence they use to solve crimes sometimes surprises me.

Every crime scene tells a story if you know where to look. ( Thats how it works on TV.) I have to think there are some clues that tell what happened and I think crime scene investigators will keep getting better and better as time goes on. It is always possible some clue may one day prove BF guilty or not.

Guest vasquatch1984

Well, I think the Dennis Martin case is well documented, so no doubt it happened. However, the only thing associating it with BF is this book. I don't think BF ever came into anyone's mind concerning this until then.

It's just another case of someone taking some known facts and making a big leap with them to turn it into a BF story

**edit**

The Parks Service official reports says United States Special Forces were used in the search. Green Berets were specifically mentioned.

That's the only reason I am bothering with this. Hopefully we can all fact check the story and help lend some clarity. All I see so far is a missing child case with a possible abduction, but by a human, not a BF.

See, the thing is though.....The Green Berets would only be brought in if it were a matter of national security. I mean, considering how their trained, then yeah, maybe the survival aspect could play into it. Having a former one in the family made it more baffiling....how is a missing child case a matter of national security? I grew up not far from Cades Cove, and I will say, that if I didn't want to be found, I could easily hide ten feet from you and you'd wouldn't see me. Not saying that's what happened in this case, but people go missing a fair amount up in those mountains, and its rugged country....so there is no telling what happened. But I think the fact that a lot of the cases in the book have similar circumstances is odd.

My uncle said he was familiar with the case, but didn't know a whole lot about it. He said it was odd on multiple levels

I also doubted the part about Green Berets being used, for one thing this was during the height of the Vietnam War, so I would think all Special Forces units available would be there instead.

Plus, I know there is a law that says US Armed forces cannot be deployed on US soil except at the request of a states Governor.

The Parks Service report said there was a Green Beret Unit "on maneuvers" nearby, and assistance by Armed Forces personnel was requested through a US Senator, but nothing about the Governor requesting them.

I suspect this was perhaps just a National Guard unit that had special training for that terrain or in search and rescue operations, and somehow someone referred to them as Green Berets and it made it's way into reports that way.

Guest vasquatch1984

Ill have to ask him if he knows anyone who can comment on it. He was in Nam at the time, but the way their structure works is rotational. There's normally teams in the states even during war time, but I find it odd. I mean, during the 50's through the 70's they had a mountain warfare school in Northern Georga, but that's 100 plus miles away. My dad was in the AF at the time and he mentioned they did a lot of practice para drops in that area in the 60's. So its possible. But, it would have to requested by the governer like you said and at the presidents descretion to actually send them. I think even the national guard has to be called in by the governer as well. So, I have no clue as to the background on this claim.

Guest vasquatch1984

The governer has control over the NG, but to actually have an Army unit deployed would have to have presidential clearence

Ill have to ask him if he knows anyone who can comment on it. He was in Nam at the time, but the way their structure works is rotational. There's normally teams in the states even during war time, but I find it odd. I mean, during the 50's through the 70's they had a mountain warfare school in Northern Georga, but that's 100 plus miles away. My dad was in the AF at the time and he mentioned they did a lot of practice para drops in that area in the 60's. So its possible. But, it would have to requested by the governer like you said and at the presidents descretion to actually send them. I think even the national guard has to be called in by the governer as well. So, I have no clue as to the background on this claim.

I don't know. I'm with you on this, but you can see it here in the Parks Service official report.

http://web.knoxnews.com/pdf/062109martinreport.pdf

Guest vasquatch1984

Its rather weird. The whole narritive itself. If there were 100 green berets there, then that would be a total of eight A teams. They don't do exercises in that number. Its always on a team by team basis, unless there was an A team and a B team.

Okay, the radio show said 100, the report said 40. Its still weird

Guest crabshack

"The afternoon that Dennis disappeared, Harold Key, 45, of Carthage, Tenn., was near Rowans Creek in the Sea Branch area with his family when he heard an "enormous, sickening scream." A few minutes later, he noticed a rough-looking man moving stealthily in the woods near where he had heard the scream."

"Volunteers helping park rangers in the search included college students, Boy Scouts, hunters, on and off duty firefighters and police, members of 57 rescue squads from four states, and military personnel, including 60 Green Berets diverted from a training mission."

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/missing-dennis-martin/

Found this

http://www.uscg.mil/tcyorktown/Ops/SAR/Inland/Docs/DennisMartinReadAhead.pdf

Guest vasquatch1984

I've heard that about the scream. I've also heard that a couple of hikers had a sighting near by, but didn't know about the boy. It also mentions several times about the "decaying" smell encountered by searchers. Some of it were dead animals, but no mention of the others....