"is Squatch Eating Our Kids" This Makes Me See Bf Differently, It's Scary!

@ Explorer, thanks for the advice. I know you´re right. It´s way more dangerous in the city I live in Europe. If I ever go I will be really careful and have my eyes WIDE open! :) With that said, some of those cases are just outright chilling!

@SquatchinNY I really don´t feel like posting any details of that case here. David Paulides talks about that case at the 07:10 min mark of this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzTx-tdwN0

My heart goes out to the Families of the missing people, it´s just horrible and so sad, especially the kids. :(

Oh, and back to the OP. I don´t really think most of these cases could be attributed to BF. The are "some" but most of them are something else IMO. Even though Paulides is being criticised by so many people, I still give him a lot of credit for writing the book. There IS something going on, at least more people are looking into it now and hopefully less people will disappear.

Edited by AaronD
to remove religious comment

I read both the books and listened to several interviews of Paulides. In my considered opinion, some of the cases are truly mysterious. Some do definitely point to bigfoot. Most don't actually point anywhere but to a big question mark.

Paulides seems less objective and more biased in his presentation of the evidence than I would like. He may be cherry-picking facts. He seems to be using a dramatic presentation to make the material more interesting.....which might be a good idea, because he does have a real Joe Friday writing voice.....but all in all, you can cherry-pick what you take at face value and what you file under "maybe" or "doubt it," for yourself.

There are some freaky ones and some really weird ones that don't point to bigfoot. So what about those? His big question is what the heck is happening here, and I think that stands pretty well, even after deducting any dubious material.

Guest vasquatch1984

I am beginning to think people with challenges such as mental health, or physical, seem to be treated more gently? Can't cite all the sources, but it has popped in my mind before, that not unlike dolphins, BFs seem to know certain vulnerabilities of humans, and those on the bottom of that heap seem to get more direct contact?

Not well said, but I do now think there is something to the "PSI" or whatever one wants to call it with some BFs...that's personal experience now (of which I have shared one event in Psychic Bigfoot) and whatever this is....it certainly seems to be coming from BFs not us....too many witnesses, too many oddities...and I too confident on my own ability to read my own mind! .so? Perhaps....

I do notice radically different views of BFs among humans...even those with close contact. Seems we can't group them much better than we can group humans, by motivations or smarts. Or, accurately evaluate what behaviors and/or mental attitudes of the human involved contribute to the experience.

Also Explorer: Great post.

A LOT of animals do that though. Canines have been known to be gentle and loving towards children who are mently disabled. Stands to reason that BF's do too? The more I've read about contact makes me think that BF is just as different as humans are. They are very complex creatures for sure.

Guest thermalman

A LOT of animals do that though. Canines have been known to be gentle and loving towards children who are mently disabled. Stands to reason that BF's do too? The more I've read about contact makes me think that BF is just as different as humans are. They are very complex creatures for sure.

Dolphin, horse, dog, etc. therapy is used for autistic children, and have generated amazing results.

Edited by thermalman

JDL did a great explaination of this. The mantra ''if they wanted us dead...ect'' forgets to take into account each BF is different as each situation. Historical text's show back into the HBC days of areas of North America where no one went, due to previous folks just disappearing. Add this to the local stories by Natives and you get a pretty clear picture of ''Eater'' territory.

Why this is waved off an dismissed is beyond me.

BFF Patron

Personally I think the whole theory of BF as cannibal is BS and that the 411 series has done nothing but capitalize on timing, opportunity and *gullibility*, but you already knew that if you've followed my comments here, all jmho.

BIgfoot like most animals is an opportunity hunter. Cows will eat chickens, and pelicans will eat other birds, etc etc. If you don't believe me watch the videos on YouTube.

Some BF will likely eat people.

St. G-

BFF Patron

Guess the proof will be in the pudding, like everything else BF?! Huh?

Add this to the local stories by Natives and you get a pretty clear picture of ''Eater'' territory.

Why this is waved off an dismissed is beyond me.

Probably because the "stories" are likely nothing more than hear-say and nice stories, and coming from the Native American's doesn't make it any more true. Given the broad range of what NA culture and story telling shows us, is that they were no less superstitious than any other culture. Every culture has it's taboos and 'monsters'... or things to be feared. I know. I know. "Often, these stories are based in some truth somewhere"... but that's not even completely valid.

Well then you can also place BF into their realm of superstition "hear say". It doesnt make sence to believe in the natives stories about BF, but to dismiss their stories about BF possibly eating or kidnaping people.

I would trust the stories of some native american tribes more, than some "modern" BF researchers with gadgets and such running around in the woods making whoop calls and wood knocks.

I agree with all that say "some" BF might really eat humans if they can.

Guest vasquatch1984

We will never know until we have deffinitive proof. Its all conjecter at this point. What is obvious, is that they are big animals and like all big animals, they should be respected because one can never be sure what they are capible of.

If you look at bf from what they have been described as (large primate, predator, omnivore, etc) it makes complete sense that at some point, they would predate on humans just like every other large omnivore or carnivore. That being said, to stay undiscovered as long as they have, preying on humans would be detrimental to their survival so it does not make sense that they would routinely prey on humans, but I would expect a rogue individual to attack, eat, or kidnap humans occasionally. To me, if there were no history of missing people such as the cases described in 411, it would indicate there are no bf.

As far as eating our kids goes, I don't think the predation has to be for food. Another explanation could be more of a kidnap scenario for companionship or some other psychological reason. In the end, the human will most likely be dead. Some of the evidence in a few of the 411 cases did indicate that the human was consumed, but I think these were all adults.

This should not be a reason for people to be afraid of the forests as it happens very rarely and it's all just theory at this point. Based on the cases in the book 411, it really doesn't matter what is responsible for missing people in these cluster areas as it is just as devastating for the families whether a bf, cougar, human, or anything else that took their loved one away. People just need to be aware that it can happen in rare cases.

As already said many times in this thread, BF is a large predator so of course they will eat a human IF the proper situation arises. I also believe it's done by mostly rogue individuals and of course not routinely.

When they ****** kids, I have a strong feeling from reading some of the reports that it's for companionship. I get this feeling because there are children later found, some alive some dead. Even the ones found dead aren't found consumed, but rather dead of exposure. Some of them probably try to make a pet or companion of us but we don't last out there.

They then do such things as place the body in a location where it can be found.

This brings another question to my mind: If they indeed seek to take us as pets or companions every now and again...they must see themselves as being superior to us?

As already said many times in this thread, BF is a large predator so of course they will eat a human IF the proper situation arises.

Concensus is a nice thing, but it does nothing to present actual evidence and validate an idea. Only proof will do that.

The one thing this field of research is NOT coming up empty on is speculation and sensational assumptions.

Guest SquatchinNY

@ Explorer, thanks for the advice. I know you´re right. It´s way more dangerous in the city I live in Europe. If I ever go I will be really careful and have my eyes WIDE open! :) With that said, some of those cases are just outright chilling!

@SquatchinNY I really don´t feel like posting any details of that case here. David Paulides talks about that case at the 07:10 min mark of this vid.

My heart goes out to the Families of the missing people, it´s just horrible and so sad, especially the kids. :(

Oh, and back to the OP. I don´t really think most of these cases could be attributed to BF. The are "some" but most of them are something else IMO. Even though Paulides is being criticised by so many people, I still give him a lot of credit for writing the book. There IS something going on, at least more people are looking into it now and hopefully less people will disappear.

Awww, that's nasty! Oh my goodness!

Edited by SquatchinNY
to remove reposted image/video